List Mgmt. 2018 AFL draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree

Besides the fact his build strength and smarts allow him to play taller than his 190cms I don’t subscribe to that because he doesn’t need to be a key defender to make it.

4 cms might just be the difference between him being a chb or a 3rd tall flanker.

The Henley v pac gf I saw a guy who could be a tall midfielder if he wanted to.
I agree, it will be very interesting to see the condition Gould is in at the start of 2019 and how much he can improve on this season. A year out so plenty can change but right now he looks like as close to a certain 150-200 gamer as it gets for a tall, or 3rd tall. Plenty of worse tall defenders get to around that mark. Kyle Hartigan is on track to crack 100 and Lynden Dunn 200. Given Gould is a similar size to Steven May and could play AFL in 2019 I think it’s fair to say that at worst he’ll have a solid career. Plus he Kicks like a mule.

I’d probably rather we target a tall forward with our first pick but then Tom Jonas would be 31 by the time Gould finishes his initial draftee contract so he fills a need.

I wouldn't go that far but I'm not a fan of overpaying for small forwards.
I said the same when the Crows recruited Betts and I still stand by it despite not many agreeing.
Small forwards rarely win big finals.
Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Even Graham's effort in 2018 wasn't conclusive. Kept the crows at arm's length but I would hazard a guess that if he hadn't kicked his three goals someone else would have.

Another unfounded claim, I look at Butters face and think he is going to be something very very special.

Laugh at me now fellow big footers, but I will recirculate this post in a few years.

It’s all in the face.

Plow out.

See you all laughed but it’s coming true. Scrap all recruiters at port Adelaide just let me pick players based on appearance :D

fu** you Port.

Had the opportunity to get a ******* decent inside mid with speed and skills with Smith - pick ******* Rozee.

Which means that with 15 we pick ******* Xavier Duursma as the explosive mid with speed that breaks lines.

Absolutely ******* moronic drafting. It's like we thought that Caldwell was definitely were going to be available at 10 and then when better picks were available at 15 in Collier-Dawkins we still went with the player we expected to be available instead of the players that were available.

My reply at the time....

Now completely happy with our draft. Best I've felt in months. We have nailed it!

Lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankfully aside from preferring Bailey Smith to Rozee (which isn't a disaster, I'm all in on Rozee now but Smith is a gun too) I don't seem to have said anything too outrageously wrong in this thread, which is a nice change.

Thankfully aside from preferring Bailey Smith to Rozee (which isn't a disaster, I'm all in on Rozee now but Smith is a gun too) I don't seem to have said anything too outrageously wrong in this thread, which is a nice change.
Ben King was the other guy in the mix for that pick. Couldn’t really go wrong. What an unbelievable draft.

I remember wanting B.King, Butters & J.Ckark with our 3 picks. Rozee has the tools to be the become the best player in the comp and Duursma could also elevate himself into the top 50 in the AFL. These 3 can actually drive us to a golden period...

Funny looking back isnt it. I think Bailey Smith will be better than Walsh. I reckon Rozee, Smith, the Kings will be the best from the draft (Butters and Duurs in that mix too). I hope Rankine gets a run at it as he was a freak at underage.

I am also v keen to see Collier Dawkins play too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back