Analysis 2018 AFL Fantasy/SuperCoach/Ultimate Footy Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Got any questions about the prospects of particular Melbourne players in 2018 for fantasy reasons? Post them in here!

Got any questions about the prospects of particular Melbourne players in 2018 for fantasy reasons? Post them in here!
I see Joel Smith is in 22% of Dream Team sides, is there a genuine reason for that or just people seeing a high number of selections and putting him in as a placeholder making those number grow further!

I see Joel Smith is in 22% of Dream Team sides, is there a genuine reason for that or just people seeing a high number of selections and putting him in as a placeholder making those number grow further!
Probably not at this stage. He was picked Rd1 and dislocated his shoulder 15min in and then got a game late last season, people are likely picking him based off that.

Based off what most supporters think of the side, he's probably #22 picked for our Rd1 side. Our back six looks very settled, so it's going to take something major for him to dislodge someone.

I'd really like to get Dees supporters thoughts on two of your young guns, Angus Brayshaw and Jesse Hogan.

Brayshaw is priced at 61 in DT and 57 in SC. He has shown glimpses of his scoring ability when he's been able to get on the park with unsubbed averages of 66/71 DT/SC in his first season, 82/71 when he returned late to the side in 2016, and 77/72 in his limited games last season playing across half-back.

He probably has to average 85 to be worth it so I'd be hoping for a bit of mid time but with your inside mid stocks already being strong (combined with his concussion history) I get the feeling he's probably going to be required down back or on a wing/outside role where he can put his foot skills to use a bit more. What role do you see him playing predominately and what type of scoring potential can we expect? Is he worth picking?

Hogan, his nightmare 2017 season has been well publicized but the guy is an absolute freak talent. With McDonald settling in at full-forward do you think that will give him the freedom to get up the ground and use his tank to accumulate much like NRoo? He was scoring very well up until the last 6 weeks of 2016 so I think he could be a smokey top 10 forward if he stays fit. Priced at just 70 in DT and 69 in SC.

I'd really like to get Dees supporters thoughts on two of your young guns, Angus Brayshaw and Jesse Hogan.
Petrecca is also a gun bargain for forward or mid, where ever you have any deficiency.
Better mid than Gus (due to him having played a lot more footy)
good med Forward, but not a Key FF like Hogan

Brayshaw is priced at 61 in DT and 57 in SC. He has shown glimpses of his scoring ability when he's been able to get on the park with unsubbed averages of 66/71 DT/SC in his first season, 82/71 when he returned late to the side in 2016, and 77/72 in his limited games last season playing across half-back.

He probably has to average 85 to be worth it so I'd be hoping for a bit of mid time but with your inside mid stocks already being strong (combined with his concussion history) I get the feeling he's probably going to be required down back or on a wing/outside role where he can put his foot skills to use a bit more. What role do you see him playing predominately and what type of scoring potential can we expect? Is he worth picking?

Hogan, his nightmare 2017 season has been well publicized but the guy is an absolute freak talent. With McDonald settling in at full-forward do you think that will give him the freedom to get up the ground and use his tank to accumulate much like NRoo? He was scoring very well up until the last 6 weeks of 2016 so I think he could be a smokey top 10 forward if he stays fit. Priced at just 70 in DT and 69 in SC.
Brayshaw is under valued imo.

Great mid priced player and should average around 85

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bit early to say but im looking for some insight as to which rookie priced players to pick.

I have:
A Brayshaw
LDU
Fritsch
J battle
Garlett
T Smith
D Cameron
H Brayshaw
D Barry

Still got spots to fill in the backline and open to opinions in the mid/ruck/fwd ones I have atm.

Put in Kruezer because Nic Nat will be underdone and worked better with my bye strategy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am rolling with Gawn and Sandi/Goldy, hoping one of the later can recapture their old form. I would rather Goldy because I feel Sandi is maybe a bit past it, but damn Gawny schooled Goldy on the weekend.

I am rolling with Gawn and Sandi/Goldy, hoping one of the later can recapture their old form. I would rather Goldy because I feel Sandi is maybe a bit past it, but damn Gawny schooled Goldy on the weekend.
Goldy will be playing 2's by year end

But he will be injured by round 12

By round 12 he will have made me enough money to sideways trade to Sauce Jacobs who for some reason had a 1st half of season form slump but has come good.

Who do people have for their rucks atm?

I have Gawn and NicNat but will consider Ryder, Kreuzer or even Lycett if NicNat looks shaky.
Not touching Ryder until after Ports bye, unless you have a reserve that will play round 10 you are looking at a doughnut. Point scorers only reduced to 18 for the other 3 weeks of byes.

Bit early to say but im looking for some insight as to which rookie priced players to pick.

I have:
A Brayshaw
LDU
Fritsch
J battle
Garlett
T Smith
D Cameron
H Brayshaw
D Barry

Still got spots to fill in the backline and open to opinions in the mid/ruck/fwd ones I have atm.
Few you might want to keep an eye on during the JLT series. Backs,D Mirra,C Oshea, S Murray,I Cumming, Coffield , Mihocek,A Johnson [later in year] and of course Doedee, looks to have Levers old spot. I currently have H Morrison in my team.
Mids. T Kelly, W Brodie, J Worpel, P Dow, Z Bailey, B Ainsworth [west coast] N Holman $102K]
FWDS. J Stephenson,J Waterman, B Starcevich,W Rioli, Switkowski[mid season?]. I had Venables in but not sure if he can get enough possessions to warrant decent price increase.

If ANB cracks 100 in SC in JLT2 I'm getting on board. 1.3% ownership, 414k which is similar to a Watts or Kieran Jack. Given the sparsity of scoring forward options, someone that can average 100 is worth their weight in gold, particularly if they're cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back