Analysis 2018 AFL Finals Series Discussion - Bulldogs Only

Remove this Banner Ad

Kevin Sheedy was out of his mind requesting neutral supporters at the MCG to barrack for GWS. I fail to see why he stated how GWS have been busting a gut to get this far. Who cares how hard GWS have been trying? Every team tries their best with the talent they have. Anyone who has memories of the VFL era was surely hoping for Collingwood to win.

Kevin Sheedy was out of his mind requesting neutral supporters at the MCG to barrack for GWS. I fail to see why he stated how GWS have been busting a gut to get this far. Who cares how hard GWS have been trying? Every team tries their best with the talent they have. Anyone who has memories of the VFL era was surely hoping for Collingwood to win.

Only GWS player I feel sorry for is Coniglio - star player and their only likeable player. Actually, him and Haynes.

Love watching them two. The rest can piss off.

The one that no one seems to mention is Lobb... utter w***er.
Don't find Coniglio likeable at all, although agree he's a good player.
Ditto on Lobb.
Haynes and Shiel are ok.
They sure missed Kelly tonight, and Scully, and Patton, and especially Shaw who seems to galvanise them.
Greene did nothing :).
They also have problems with the G.

Looking at the last two years for GWS, 2016 they were at the peak of their powers, few injuries still with that arrogance and confidence.

Since then a lot of good players have left and their list is no longer as strong, Mumford gone has hurt them. Injuries tonight of course especially with Kelly and Shaw. But their forward line didn’t function at all.

Looking at the last two years for GWS, 2016 they were at the peak of their powers, few injuries still with that arrogance and confidence.

Since then a lot of good players have left and their list is no longer as strong, Mumford gone has hurt them. Injuries tonight of course especially with Kelly and Shaw. But their forward line didn’t function at all.

End of an 'era' for the GWS 'fan'.:)

The AFL umpiring conspiracy against GWS must make the looming loss of Lobbe, Kelly &/or Shiel an even bitterer pill.:)

So sad.:)

I just can’t see them ever putting three or four finals wins together- they have too many performances like last night where their supposed stars don’t turn up.

Their cheer squad last night in a must win final looked like about 60 people. I’m not having a go at the fans as they’re a new club, but the players must pine to play in big games and finals with a decent support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2016 PF was a battle between good and evil.

Good win.

Evil is still bleeding.

Beautiful.
Lost Dogs Home are chokers. They were chokers with us. Now chokers for them, which is great as it has embedded itself into their culture. LDH will never win anything. They will have fruitless careers and a meaningless existence in a football wasteland.

Still, I'd be concerned if they found a coach who could manage to get those players to stop choking. Imagine somebody like Bevo in charge there, with excellent emotional intelligence and man management skills. Find a way to get them to actually turn up for big games and then they become the powerhouse everyone thought they would. Interesting to see what happens with Cameron from here.

I just can’t see them ever putting three or four finals wins together- they have too many performances like last night where their supposed stars don’t turn up.

Their cheer squad last night in a must win final looked like about 60 people. I’m not having a go at the fans as they’re a new club, but the players must pine to play in big games and finals with a decent support.
This is definitely a big thing in regards to them getting through a full finals series and especially in the grand final. The complete void of sound (except for Collingwood supporters booing) whenever they did anything good last night was so prominent that it HAS to have some kind of effect on the players. Even the commentary pointed out De Boer trying to manufacture a bit of hype after he kicked his goal in the last quarter, simply because there was absolutely * all coming from the crowd.

This is definitely a big thing in regards to them getting through a full finals series and especially in the grand final. The complete void of sound (except for Collingwood supporters booing) whenever they did anything good last night was so prominent that it HAS to have some kind of effect on the players. Even the commentary pointed out De Boer trying to manufacture a bit of hype after he kicked his goal in the last quarter, simply because there was absolutely **** all coming from the crowd.

No one cares about them. They can quote all the increased membership figures they like, no one passionately cares about them.

No one cares about them. They can quote all the increased membership figures they like, no one passionately cares about them.

Everyone knows that their big surge in membership numbers can be corellated to the fact that it'll be easier to buy tickets to the Grand Final in GWS make it because there's X amount of tickets made available to a club and they face much better odds of getting them then just trying to get them from their own club.

This is definitely a big thing in regards to them getting through a full finals series and especially in the grand final. The complete void of sound (except for Collingwood supporters booing) whenever they did anything good last night was so prominent that it HAS to have some kind of effect on the players. Even the commentary pointed out De Boer trying to manufacture a bit of hype after he kicked his goal in the last quarter, simply because there was absolutely **** all coming from the crowd.

Its hard to make noise when you only have 4 living members, the rest on their books are imaginary ones made up by the AFL from lists of names on grave stones located around Sydney

Hahaha - that's my younger brothers tweet. He also does the BulldogGifs Twitter page which I strongly recommend :)
Cool! Tell him from me he does an awesome job :D

Still, I'd be concerned if they found a coach who could manage to get those players to stop choking. Imagine somebody like Bevo in charge there, with excellent emotional intelligence and man management skills. Find a way to get them to actually turn up for big games and then they become the powerhouse everyone thought they would. Interesting to see what happens with Cameron from here.

Sssshhhhhhhh!!!!!

Hope they don't read this post. It's what they desperately need and I for one hope they don't make any coaching changes for another few years.

I can understand why you didn't go back the full 10 years ... there were another 7 players Melbourne drafted with picks under 30 in those two years.

By judiciously selecting the parameters that suit, you can make the numbers reflect your argument. A bit like a gerrymander.
For instance if we just looked at top 12 picks in the last 10 years Melbourne have had 12 (incl Hogan) and the WB only 4. That tells a very different story.

Interesting numbers though, especially Hawthorn.

Which ones from those two years are still on our list? I'm making the point that whilst yes we have had a rather large amount of high picks they aren't carrying the side. I don't expect any of you to like us or want us to do well, that is completely up to you. Just correcting the false statement that we've been 'gifted' a good side through draft picks.

I feel like a lot of the minnow underdog clubs supporters have a hatred of each other for some reason. Really don't mind the Dee's list. Think they under achieved during the season.

Aside from when we play each other I've always had a soft spot for both the Dogs and Saints, and support them in just about any neutral game. Plenty of melb supporters don't think that way though, agree there is this weird hate going on. I do hate North though :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back