Discussion 2018 AFL Finals Series - Week 3 Discussion (RICH v COLL, WCE v MELB)

Who do you want to win the Grand Final

• Richmond

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Sydney

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • GWS

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Geelong

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

andolate

Senior List
Jan 29, 2010
moama
AFL Club
St Kilda
Even through Richmond were flogged, something that really stood out to me was the forward tumbling clearance kick they used regularly. When the defenders did not have a target and were pounding it out of defence they kicked the ball with forward rotation which gained them and an extra 15 metres and there was no certainty to which way the oval ball bounced. More often than not the ball bounced along and then jumped the waiting Collingwood defenders. This method gave the Richmond backline a couple of extra seconds to reform. More importantly extra metres were gained and and on more than one occasion the Richmond mids were able to get to the contest.

I would love for this idea to get back to the saints coach and for our defenders. This year when we cleared the ball it often just sat up in our half back flanks and was pounced on by opposition defence.

Did anyone else notice this tactic? Just to add I dont post much so this may have already been covered through the season.

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Really overthinking this from my perspective.
Collingwood played out of their skin it happens , they haven’t won the flag yet

Yes, no-one's saying they're the best side in the league. But what they are is at the other end of the ladder to us, that's pretty clear. Considering we've both been through similar length "rebuilds", the comparison is interesting.

Umpires having a big say in crucial contests. Really find it hard to watch when the umpiring is this lopsided.

"booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

That being said, boys v men at the moment.

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
Tipped West Coast. No reason to change that. Melbourne looked like us in that quarter. Well....this year anyway.

Having said that we've gone ok over there the last couple of years. Should have won last year, and played ok this year. Maybe we're not so bad.......

Melbourne have beaten themselves already. They look exhausted mentally and physically while West Coast look like they've hardly played a game. Shocking start by the Dees, occasion has just got the them.

Quintessential young boy meeting a woman and being overawed that she's developed with Melbourne that quarter.

Wiggles needed to trademark Hot Potato.

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Should be 8.4 and the game should be over, Eagles may live to regret this.

Edit: No they won't

Last edited:
Just saw the score for the first time...WOW...just WOW..

What a shock!!!!!!!!

18 shots to 4.....20 mins in.

Last night when it became obvious the Tiges were gone,thought the Eagles would be my last hope for the Pies to get done in the Big dance.

Back