2018 AFL Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Expect at least with weather permitting and a strong season at least 4-5 games over 50k next season. Richmond and Collingwood 2 first games should be guaranteed along with the showdown latter in the year. Carlton with there strong following here and there first time against us a possibility, Melbourne and Geelong later in the season if all teams fortunes including ours are going well, it too could crack the 50k. Interesting our 3 games against west coast have had attendances of 49,470 (2014) 52,460 (2015) our 2nd highest home attendance in the H/A and 50,785 (2016), so it too could probably crack 50k. Should be able to maintain our 47k average attendance since we moved to the Adelaide oval.

That's really surprising. I would have had the day-night win/loss record as the other way around. It always seems like we're lethargic for day games and get up for night games... but there it is.
Could also be influenced by who we play in those timeslots. Maybe.

Yeah. Almost certainly. Would have still had us winning more at night compared to day games... it's a good lesson in perceptions vs reality though. The stats don't lie!
Stats don't lie, but without context they don't always tell the whole truth either.

Agreed. I'm happy to be able to see the Crows live in Canberra! Maybe Vader will be there instead of the Ainslie Football Club?
I haven't seen them live here since Burton was playing. :) (We lost.)
The only bad thing about it is the night time slot in August: it will be bloody cold. Why not the 1:00pm Saturday slot?

It probably wouldn't take too much to get Crows' supporters outnumbering the GWS: I'll have to get my seat early!
I will definitely be there. It was the first thing I noted when I looked at the fixture. May or may not make it to Sydney for the Swans game, but I'll definitely be at Manuka for Adelaide/GWS.

This will only be the second time I've seen Adelaide play at Manuka. Last time it was a bitterly cold day, and I had to watch them lose to North Melbourne.

I think games such as Darwin/NT and Tasmania should be limited to one per club, if the alternative is a game at the MCG. We (no non-Vic club) should have to play Melbourne in the NT AND Hawthorn in Tasmania.
Unfortunately any away game for us v Geelong is always going to be at Potato Park.
Ballarat - 2
Hobart - 3
Launceston - 4
Nt - 2
Canberra - 3
Shanghai - 1
Cairns - 1

There's just too many games being sold every team has to play one basically. And if teams are above it (Essendon, Collingwood) then others have to play 2.

Agreed. I'm happy to be able to see the Crows live in Canberra! Maybe Vader will be there instead of the Ainslie Football Club?
I haven't seen them live here since Burton was playing. :) (We lost.)
The only bad thing about it is the night time slot in August: it will be bloody cold. Why not the 1:00pm Saturday slot?

It probably wouldn't take too much to get Crows' supporters outnumbering the GWS: I'll have to get my seat early!
Don't bring up that game
I drove down from Sydney and had a front row seat (figuratively - I was in the Hawke stand) to the end of fitzys career :'(

Season after season of ours has been detailed by umpires. It's not going to change if we laugh when it's done to someone else for the same reasons

. We don't like it when thier supporters throw s**t at us when it's done to us.

If you’re going to try and pretend to be a crows supporter you really ought to do more prep work first.

It’s amateurish at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draw difficulty
Ranking (hardest to easiest) Club 2017 ladder finish (post finals)
1 Fremantle 14th
2 Richmond 1st
3 West Coast 6th
4 Hawthorn 12th
5 St Kilda 11th
6 GWS 4th
7 Melbourne 9th
8 Adelaide 2nd
9 Western Bulldogs 10th
10 Essendon 8th
11 Carlton 16th
12 Brisbane 18th
13 Geelong 3rd
14 Sydney 5th
15 Port Adelaide 7th
16 Gold Coast 17th
17 North Melbourne 15th
18 Collingwood 13th
* Draw difficulty as assessed by Champion Data

Still can’t get my head around how Carlton get 4 Friday night games. None of the other bottom clubs have one. That’s the second most in the comp and only one behind the top teams.

Gillon talks about rewarding performance and yet they’ve given them to Carlton based on “they have a good coach and have potential”. WTF!!! They’ve just lost Gibbs, they aren’t improving in a hurry.

They knew what they were doing and that was gifting a big Victorian club. That idiot Auld reckons it’s the way it fell, pigs arse.

Corrupt *ers.

Still can’t get my head around how Carlton get 4 Friday night games. None of the other bottom clubs have one. That’s the second most in the comp and only one behind the top teams.

Gillon talks about rewarding performance and yet they’ve given them to Carlton based on “they have a good coach and have potential”. WTF!!! They’ve just lost Gibbs, they aren’t improving in a hurry.

They knew what they were doing and that was gifting a big Victorian club. That idiot Auld reckons it’s the way it fell, pigs arse.

Corrupt ******s.

You're not the only one: the commentators are already querying this.

Corrupt ******s.
Last time they gifted Carlton a bunch of Friday night games it was a disaster. Almost ruined the concept and indirectly sparked the need for Thursday night football.

Corrupt ******s.
How about the 'Collingwood and Essendon weren't available so we had to go Carlton' in Anzac round? What, no interstate club or different Vic club was available either? lol.

How about the 'Collingwood and Essendon weren't available so we had to go Carlton' in Anzac round? What, no interstate club or different Vic club was available either? lol.

that was the weakest of excuses

Last time they gifted Carlton a bunch of Friday night games it was a disaster. Almost ruined the concept and indirectly sparked the need for Thursday night football.

I remember watching the first quarter and turning over to some cooking show every game. It was like Groundhog Day.

If you’re going to try and pretend to be a crows supporter you really ought to do more prep work first.

It’s amateurish at the moment

Attachments

• 18222030_1299337240134590_8412951117569458460_n.jpg
    18222030_1299337240134590_8412951117569458460_n.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1

Corrupt ******s.
You would have thought they learnt the last time they gave them 6. People stopped watching. Next year no Friday games for Carlton. What changed??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back