Game Day 2018 AFL Grand Final: West Coast Eagles vs Collingwood, MCG, Saturday 28/09/18 @ 2.30PM

And the winner of the 2018 Toyota AFL Grand Final is...

• West Coast Eagles by 6+ goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Coast Eagles by 3-6 goals

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Too tough to call. Less than a goal in it.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Collingwood by 3-6 goals

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Collingwood by 6+ goals

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That was my favourite part that quality football with key positions ended up winning the game not a team of midfielders.
I thought that WCE's defence was amazing, particularly in the first half when the usual suspects (Hurn and Gov) were not performing and Barass and Schofield stepped up. Barass' intercept marking was the difference between a 5 goal and an 8 goal lead in the first half.

I thought that WCE's defence was amazing, particularly in the first half when the usual suspects (Hurn and Gov) were not performing and Barass and Schofield stepped up. Barass' intercept marking was the difference between a 5 goal and an 8 goal lead in the first half.

Gov was intercepting well from the start especially standing in front of Cox alot of the time. But you are right Schofield Barrass Duggan all played big parts. Schofield beat Degoey in several marking contests too when he was looking the most dangrous.

Yeah the lack of footage on Simpson was ridiculous, they always show the winning coach just before and after the siren.

Even worse was no cameras live in Perth of supporters watching the game. Absolute amateurs Ch 7
i hate this type of stuff during the game as it comes at the cost of actual content (ie replays!) but since we were getting closes up of other non-important things it was a tad odd...

Did anyone else feel like Channel 7 really screwed up the immediate post siren stuff? Didn't show the Eagles coaches' box, but went straight to Buckley looking sad after the siren went. Showed a lot of upset Collingwood players but very little of the Eagles celebrating.

Probably because they'd built up a bit of narrative around Collingwood winning; Buckley surviving and winning a first flag, De Goey turning it around, Cox etc. It was very much from that point of view (I hate narrative driven coverage FWIW).

De Goey is a gun up forward but do you guys think he spends to much time up there compared to the Midfield? It’s like Robbie Grey up Forward handy for the rest but so much more damaging in the midfield.
It was sort of by necessity really since they have few marking options beyond Cox.

You can add Dangerfield and Martin to that pile as well

i hate this type of stuff during the game as it comes at the cost of actual content (ie replays!) but since we were getting closes up of other non-important things it was a tad odd...

The bigger problem is with Fox Footy there’s no ads between goals. Scoring s goal and hearing crowds reaction is part of what gives the game a great feel/atmosphere. To quickly go to a ad break destroys so much of that, and reduces replay opportunity plus reactions outside of the oval.

The bigger problem is with Fox Footy there’s no ads between goals. Scoring s goal and hearing crowds reaction is part of what gives the game a great feel/atmosphere. To quickly go to a ad break destroys so much of that, and reduces replay opportunity plus reactions outside of the oval.

I noticed the c7 feed via Foxtel have adds after each goal why was it changed.

Man the trajectory of that game reminded a lot of the 2001 comeback game. A mini-scale version of that epic game.

North kicks away, Essendon comes back in the 2nd/3rd and then North comes back again in the 3rd/4th quarter, so Essendon had to come back again to win the game..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last minute, West Coast had a string of grabs that were just huge marks and then it gets to Sheed. That was epic!! I mean footy magic.

great grand final!!

There’s always one moment from a gf that will always get remembered (Leo Barry etc) and that was it. Even though there was two minutes to go after that goal, you knew it was over.

Yeah the lack of footage on Simpson was ridiculous, they always show the winning coach just before and after the siren.

Even worse was no cameras live in Perth of supporters watching the game. Absolute amateurs Ch 7

I hadn't even thought of that, but you are spot on. They even did a live feed from across the road at Margaret Court Arena the previous week FFS!

I said it earlier, but the coverage of all things Grand Final this week was horribly one-sided.

Sidebottom has won the Gary Ayers Medal for player of the finals.

Fair effort given he was a late out before the game on Saturday

Sidebottom has won the Gary Ayers Medal for player of the finals.

Fair effort given he was a late out before the game on Saturday

Apparently it's done on pure total of votes? Which is stupid considering some players (and in this case, the ones who won it all!) only got 3 games worth of votes compared to Collingwood players having 4.

Apparently it's done on pure total of votes? Which is stupid considering some players (and in this case, the ones who won it all!) only got 3 games worth of votes compared to Collingwood players having 4.
Yeah, but sidebottom only polled in 3 games anyway. So while flawed, still the best player over 3 games lol

Back