Unofficial Preview 2018 AFL National Draft - The Review

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an interesting question.

Thompson and Waite will be gone. Anderson probably as well.

They seem to be the only certainties. But we would surely be looking to move on 2-3.

I think Hibberd would want to have a good year.

Plenty of blokes out of contract at the end of 2018. Surely Hartung would be on a 1 year deal as well.

Plenty of blokes out of contract at the end of 2018. Surely Hartung would be on a 1 year deal as well.
That's interesting actually. I would have thought that given he's a draftee and not a DFA Hartung would have received the standard 2 year draftee contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One no.9 does not a summer make.

Play the kids. Put in maximum effort at all times.

Finish bottom 3.

Hit the FA period.

Improve. Finish just outside 8.

Hit the FA period once more, or trade for JK.

Rise up for a sustained crack, this time with enough young talent to get it done.

Couldn't give a * what you call it, just finish bottom 3 next year.

One no.9 does not a summer make.

Play the kids. Put in maximum effort at all times.

Finish bottom 3.

Hit the FA period.

Improve. Finish just outside 8.

Hit the FA period once more, or trade for JK.

Rise up for a sustained crack, this time with enough young talent to get it done.

Couldn't give a **** what you call it, just finish bottom 3 next year.

I reckon we will end up 12th-10th.

However I also feel that most clubs should improve. Though I can see Gold Coast and Carlton down the bottom next year. Brisbane are always a chance too. Though worst case (pick wise) our 7th-10th pick might end up being equivalent to a pick 4 this year.

Will Walker at 23... Interesting... We see something in him that hasn't yet shown?

I don't see how we have cracked the code on player development projections based on a season improvement to an OK level, but clearly we think we have, and that we are onto something.

I have my doubts. I do wonder if its a bit of inexperience here at the draft table.

Big decision next year more than likely.

Lukosious and King being so athletic and smooth would be a pretty amazing combo with Brown.

Lukosious especially likes to work up the ground, his kicking is 5/5, could see him hitting Brown lace out, ALOT.

Rankine though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back