Phantom Draft 2018 AFL Phantom Draft - Lachie Brown

I'm looking a doing a phantom draft this year? Who would like to be which team?

• I'll be Adelaide

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Who would like to be who?

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not if we get him as a Rookie be very disappointed , y arnt any other club after him

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
You do realise that 4 other clubs have been interested and he as met with all 4 clubs
Sydney
GWS
Geelong
Gold Coast ??

Things that Townsend brings to a team culture
Liston trophy winner so plays elite at that level. An AFL premiership player as well. Inspires teammates with controlled aggression and doesn’t give away dumb free kicks are just a few.

You cant have 44 Dustin Martins in the team, Anyway cant be stuffed trying to explain a Richmond premiership player to a Richmond supporter any longer move on

You do realise that 4 other clubs have been interested and he as met with all 4 clubs
Sydney
GWS
Geelong
Gold Coast ??

Liston trophy winner so plays elite at that level. An AFL premiership player as well. Inspires teammates with controlled aggression and doesn’t give away dumb free kicks are just a few.

You cant have 44 Dustin Martins in the team, Anyway cant be stuffed trying to explain a Richmond premiership player to a Richmond supporter any longer move on
Past tense been , but hopefully they do

Sydney
GWS
Geelong
Gold Coast ??

I'm not saying we should have 4 Dustin Martin's but y him average of 4kicks a game 2handballs 2 tackles is he really worth the trouble and approx 350k a year give another kid a go

I'm not saying we should have 4 Dustin Martin's but y him average of 4kicks a game 2handballs 2 tackles is he really worth the trouble and approx 350k a year give another kid a go

Dude looks like you really are not getting what his position at Richmond will be on the Rookie list
He will be on min coin with probably $5k match payments so wont cost any more than the kid thats rated 100 in the draft
He is an experienced depth player that would slot in incase a Caddy or graham gets injured
Leadership and maturity in the VFL where we will have 15 players in their 1st or 2nd year getting smashed at VFL level

just need to get over this townsend hate mate he is costing peanuts

Looks like this thing has fizzled out without being completed but im a guy that doesnt leave things unfinished so will select the remaining 3 selections

Rookie selection #34 - Charlie Sprague / Geelong Falcons / 187cm 82kg's
Rookie selection #48 - Marbior Chol / Richmond FC / 200cm 96kg's
Rookie selection #62 - Jacob Townsend / Richmond FC / 187cm 89kg's

Im taking
Oliver Eastland with Hawks 2nd rookie pick
Will Langford with Hawks 3rd rookie pick (renegotiated contract and just management stuff means he gets rookie picked)
Signing Irving Mosquito as a Cat B rookie

Pick 16 Ian Hill (mid/for) Electrifying small mid/forward with excellent skills, speed and goal sense.
Pick 35 Luke English (mid) Ball-magnet midfielder who is great in traffic. Excellent character and dedication.
Pick 45 Dillon O'Reilly (for/def) Versatile tall who has been a game-changer at Colts and State level.
Pick 63 Jason Carter (mid/def) Freo's 1st NGA player. Speed, endurance and football nouse
Rookie Selection Pick 23: Jonathan Marsh (def/mid) 192cm defender - previously played 15 games for Collingwood.
Cat B Rookie Tom Medhat (for) 191cm general forward who impressed at the carnival.

Last edited:
Since the draft and rookie draft is done, would people like to announce who they picked as their final selections in the rookie draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just throwing it out there that Richmond will rookie townsend and mav weller not chol. So 1 rookie kid or possibly another mature age
Chol is currently training at the club where Weller has 'Apparently' met with the club according to twomey
Also im thinking that Weller will be looking to get on a main list and not as a rookie
He wants to move to qlnd ( I know this as fact and posted in the past) but with the qlnd teams not interested

there is a fair way for the weller/richmond thing to play out for it to happen

Chol is currently training at the club where Weller has 'Apparently' met with the club according to twomey
Also im thinking that Weller will be looking to get on a main list and not as a rookie
He wants to move to qlnd ( I know this as fact and posted in the past) but with the qlnd teams not interested

Everyone knows he wanted to go back to qld. He said it himself that he would love to play with his brother. I personally dont want him at richmond but he would provide mature backup depth if the cards fall that way

Michael Apeness has retired, which opens a spot on our Rookie List.

Rookie Selection Pick 23: Jonathan Marsh - East Fremantle
The 192cm Plug-and-play defender would allow Blakely and Steven Hill to spend more time in the middle to cover for the loss of Lachie Neale. Had an excellent year at the Sharks and seems to have shaken off the disposal issues that dogged him at Collingwood. Still only 22 years old, Marsh played his Juniors as a forward and spent time in 2018 as a big-bodied midfielder (ave 28 poss) which highlighted his versatility and willingness to work on his game.

Freo have the option to take him under the 'Shane Mumford rule' as he has previously been on an AFL list.

Considered Patrick Farrant here to add to the rebuilding of the forward line, but just think Marsh offers more versatility and we already know he can play at AFL level.

Last edited:
Pick 76 - Adelaide select Cooper Dahms from Central District

Dahms played 6 league games early in the season until he tore his ACL, will be a raw project player for the Crows to one day potentially take over from Richard Douglas if he gets his body right
Wouldn’t have thought

Did happen he'll be a Richmond player officially December 1st

Rowbottom & Joyce who I selected at 53 & 90 have gone at 25 & 40.

Irving Mosquito who i was able to list as a Cat B rookie has gone at Pick 38.

Good gets, question is would you have selected them there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good gets, question is would you have selected them there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn’t of picked Mosquito with my 53 or match with that pick.

I considered Joyce for that number 53 pick.

If I had my way though I would’ve liked Kossie who Hawthorn got irl at that pick.

Back