Unofficial Preview 2018 AFL Round 1 - Melbourne vs Geelong, Sunday March 25th, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
It may very well be interesting and they may well drop off. But less than 15,000 for an AFL Semi Final is a lousy crowd attendance for a finals game played by a Sydney based team in the biggest city in the land.
Free entry or not, 20,000 spectators is a good crowd for a women's competition and it is clear that AFLW has generated some considerable interest.

It was a good crowd.

Maintaining the interest, hand in hand with a gate fee, will be the balancing act.

Will people see value for money?

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
If they keep the prices lower than the regular AFL competition perhaps. My guess is a lot of people will be way too scared to criticise it in any way.
I don't think anyone could realistically argue that the standard of footy isn't terrible, but at the same time I really want to see it succeed.
I think it will a at least 10 years before it even reaches a GDFL standard and I think it would be smart to keep it free until at least that time to keep up the interest.
Maybe free forever.

I'm not sure if Melbourne is this year.
Players went to the AFLPA to get their training camp called off cause it might be too hard.
Yes, read they consulted the AFLPA because they were concerned about injuries + Salem was concussed by a brick in his backpack (need a gif). Last year's camp sounded way OTT - sleep deprivation, really tough challenges like the Grossery Store, Elephant Inn, Upside Down Goggles, eating their weight in Impala offal. . .oh wait!

Can we hurry it up please?

tumblr_static_tardis-gif_1_.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably still the only one not to wuss out of their camp
Seeing the way he plays - he's probably still at the camp doing it 45 more times - one for each of those that pulled out.

Bloke is like Selwood.

GO Catters

Seeing the way he plays - he's probably still at the camp doing it 45 more times - one for each of those that pulled out.

Bloke is like Selwood.

GO Catters

I am a bit of a fan of Jones from Melbourne. He strikes me as a bloke that has a fairdinkum go.
I would be very surprised if he was one of the custard arms who led the charge to shirk the training camp.
And I will be devastated if we do not beat them in a reasonably convincing fashion in round one.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
I am a bit of a fan of Jones from Melbourne. He strikes me as a bloke that has a fairdinkum go.
I would be very surprised if he was one of the custard arms who led the charge to shirk the training camp.
And I will be devastated if we do not beat them in a reasonably convincing fashion in round one.

I’d take him in a heartbeat

Bloke is like Selwood.

GO Catters
He is the only play in the league that comes close to the will to compete that Joel has..

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
Well we can say now that Henderson won't be playing. Do we play Gardner or House in his spot? And bleed in a young KDF ? Or do we play Stewart or Kolo as his position over the few rounds his not playing... I'd like to see us bleed in 1 of them.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-16/big-cat-henderson-could-return-as-late-as-round-four-scott
If you believe the little bits of info drip fed us from the club over the last couple of years then you would have to say it's Gardners time.But they are also search for a spot for Blits so who knows.

Well we can say now that Henderson won't be playing. Do we play Gardner or House in his spot? And bleed in a young KDF ? Or do we play Stewart or Kolo as his position over the few rounds his not playing... I'd like to see us bleed in 1 of them.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-16/big-cat-henderson-could-return-as-late-as-round-four-scott
If you believe the little bits of info drip fed us from the club over the last couple of years then you would have to say it's Gardners time.But they are also search for a spot for Blits so who knows.
Stanley for me.
And, Demons are well on the way to doing what Doggies and Tigers have done- they're building a nice list. Early last year they troubled us til injuries.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Stanley for me.
And, Demons are well on the way to doing what Doggies and Tigers have done- they're building a nice list. Early last year they troubled us til injuries.
I actually wouldn't mind trying Stanley at CHB. But I watched a interview on him when the released that Preseason Jumper saying that his been training for Ruck and Forward Role... Which is unfortunate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back