AFL 2018 - AFL Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the scoreboard flattered Carlton. 71 I50 to 47, 36 scoring shots to 20, Richmond were extremely flat in the first half of the 1st quarter with Carlton taking advantage kicking 5.0 to open the game. From that point Richmond settled and won the rest of the game by 60. Having said that Carlton did look sharper than last season.

Bookies had Richmond at $2.10 to win the game after the 5 goal start from the blues, won't see better value for the rest of the season

Last edited:
Was so close to backing Townsend to kick 3+ goals at 6.00 but didn't. *****

Anyway,

1u Essendon ML @ 1.94

Don't like the Don's defence on paper, However, given Adelaide are missing walker and lynch from their forward line I think the bombers might scrape home here.

Bookies had Richmond at $2.10 to win the game after the 5 goal start from the blues, won't see better value for the rest of the season

Especially 12 hours after the event :thumbsu:

Did Matera kick a goal in JLT? I thought he went goalless. Besides, it could be tough for them to score against Port.
Missed a couple easy ones against both crows and eagles, would back him to slot them normally

Kicked 2.1 in our practice match against eagles (yes we played them twice)

Not sure how the dopers are faves on Hills right now - seems a good spot to play the chase the goals promo on Hills

$20 Adelaide @ 1.94

lots of injuries to key Crows players.

No Lynch, Walker, BCrouch or Smith

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide at $2 is good value I think. Essendon didn’t look particularly impressive in JLT
Ess were crap in the JLT, but hard to go past them now that Ade have lost Walker, Lynch, Crouch, Smith and Lever from last years team. Only Gibbs coming in so they are comparatively light on talent for this game. They also aren't great on the road against good teams.

-Dons 1Q 1-18 @2.60
-Adelaide TT O100.5 @1.89
-Wire to Wire - Any other results @ 2.10
-Crows 1-39 @ 2.60
-Goddard u97.5 Fantasy @ 1.88

Got a feeling the bombers will run away with it tonight, literally. Crows are missing a few really important players and although they are an offensive juggernaut, I think they'll struggle a little to kick a winning score. I'm a little biased, but dons have picked up a few gems, will be super quick this season even more so than last season. JLT practice games mean nothing so their "form" going into this game is irrelevant. Tipping a close-ish first 2-3 quarters but the dons to kick away and win by 25-30.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back