AFL 2018 - AFL Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

But in the same posts in this very round you said they had amazing depth and listed all their AFL quality players in the VFL?!?!

No Lever is out and they have a huge impact on the team!?! That is a solid piss take
He's one of the best defenders in the league stop being coy. Similar to Richmond losing Rance, it would make a huge impact on them. It has just unsettled their entire structure. They still have depth but it's a little different when your best defender goes down surely you agree with that?

You could say that about most teams? What if Swans lost buddy, Richmond lost Reiwoldt, cats lost Hawkins etc
Absolutely. That’s why I think it was silly to say things like “be prepared to finish top 2 for the next x amount of years” and “this is the start of Geelong in the mid 2000’s” etc. Injuries regularly derail good sides seasons. Also have to think if this list is as good as you say it is, recruiters from other clubs will know that too and come knocking with bags of money pretty quickly.

Absolutely. That’s why I think it was silly to say things like “be prepared to finish top 2 for the next x amount of years” and “this is the start of Geelong in the mid 2000’s” etc. Injuries regularly derail good sides seasons. Also have to think if this list is as good as you say it is, recruiters from other clubs will know that too and come knocking with bags of money pretty quickly.
Yeah that's a good point too.

Comparing Lever to Rance etc is way over the top. He is a decent player but not nearly at that level. Even so though he is the only best 22 player they are currently missing and already you think it is having a big effect which doesn't say much for their supposed depth.

Comparing Lever to Rance etc is way over the top. He is a decent player but not nearly at that level. Even so though he is the only best 22 player they are currently missing and already you think it is having a big effect which doesn't say much for their supposed depth.
I agree. The point I was making was scructure related. They are very similar players down back. The effect of losing either player would be similar at both teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back