AFL 2018 - AFL Round 21

Who Covers The Line This Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

1U Gray <86.5 @1.88 (Play more fwd and Sheppard good matchup for him)
2U Witts >96.5 @1.88 (vs Soldo)
0.75U T.Kelly <90.5 @1.88 (Just so high even though his form is great)
1U M.Crouch over Oliver @1.93 (Hewett tag)
1.63U Roughead <84.5 @1.88 (Same as last week hopefully Blic or Henderson d9 a job)
1U Melbourne -20.5 vs Sydney @1.92

All bets with crownbet. Lines have changed

1U Polec <92.5 (Seems too high even though form)
1U Hurn <87.5 (Alot of his scores from home)
1U Yeo <105.5 (High away and i think he might be used all over the ground back/fwd a tad more)
1U Wingard <92.5 @1.93 (CB) 1.88 at PB now

Witts <102.5 @2.1 Looking for a middle wont be as easy scoring vs tigers

Last edited:
1U Gray <86.5 @1.88 (Play more fwd and Sheppard good matchup for him)
2U Witts >96.5 @1.88 (vs Soldo)
0.75U T.Kelly <90.5 @1.88 (Just so high even though his form is great)
1U M.Crouch over Oliver @1.93 (Hewett tag)
1.63U Roughead <84.5 @1.88 (Same as last week hopefully Blic or Henderson d9 a job)
1U Melbourne -20.5 vs Sydney @1.92

All bets with crownbet. Lines have changed

then maybe post them when they are relevant

sounds silly but I like Carlton at the odds.. fremantle have lost another 3 from their starting 22 in Hill, Brayshaw, and Tucker and the blues ins are actually ok.. maybe they play good as road underdogs like vs gold coast??? they did have a good win at subiaco vs Freo only 2 seasons ago.. i just wouldn't be anchoring freo at 1.28 in any multis etc with the side theyve named...

sounds silly but I like Carlton at the odds.. fremantle have lost another 3 from their starting 22 in Hill, Brayshaw, and Tucker and the blues ins are actually ok.. maybe they play good as road underdogs like vs gold coast??? they did have a good win at subiaco vs Freo only 2 seasons ago.. i just wouldn't be anchoring freo at 1.28 in any multis etc with the side theyve named...

People had similar thoughts last week :rolleyes:

I like the Blues to win. On paper their side looks better than Freos.

Call me crazy, but I consider GCS good value at $17 to beat the Tiges! Now hear me out:

- Nankervis out is a significant loss for Richmond;
- Richmond are 0-4 this year for interstate games (Crows/Eagles/GWS/Port);
- Sportsbet payout if your side goes up by 4 goals at any point. GCS a chance to catch them napping in the first.
- GCS beat the Swans at the SCG not too long ago with a similar side.

I'd never be so naive as to tip GCS this week, but at $17 I think their odds are significantly inflated.

I'd almost put my house on the line giving GCS a 10 goal head start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interstate stat is irrelevant - would Richmond be 0-4 interstate this year if they had played GC interstate 4 times?

Also unsure on what earth you think Carlton will field a stronger side than Freo on Sunday

I can only draw conclusions from the information at hand. Granted those 4 teams strong opponents, but at the time probably only the Eagles were at full strength.

Travel certainly has an impact.

I'm not saying GCS likely to win, I'm just saying $17 is more what I'd expect if they were versing them at the G.

1U Jac Steven >95.5 @1.88 Pb

Always kills the dons and at etihad. Only concern is played out of position/trying something new. Helps that Dunstan and Hunter Clark are out
yeh i like this and also like seb ross 29.5 disposals at topsport $1.88.. he has returned to prolific ball winner past 3 weeks with 33, 30, 40.also the zach merret 30 disp/ess win at pointsbet $3.50 looks good considering essendon are $1.20 favs and his line for disposals is basically 30.

I’ve played Ross to have more disposals than Merrett at $1.98 on crown. Ross is favourite for this market on other bookies I looked at, and I think Merrett may receive a bit of a tag tonight.

Why waste your energy? Surely it doesnt mean that much to you?

Some lined have moved some havnt

Because its against the board rules - what help is it to anyone stating what bets you placed at lines that are no longer available?

I like the Blues to win. On paper their side looks better than Freos.

Call me crazy, but I consider GCS good value at $17 to beat the Tiges! Now hear me out:

- Nankervis out is a significant loss for Richmond;
- Richmond are 0-4 this year for interstate games (Crows/Eagles/GWS/Port);
- Sportsbet payout if your side goes up by 4 goals at any point. GCS a chance to catch them napping in the first.
- GCS beat the Swans at the SCG not too long ago with a similar side.

I'd never be so naive as to tip GCS this week, but at $17 I think their odds are significantly inflated.

I'd almost put my house on the line giving GCS a 10 goal head start.
Excellent post and I came here to say something similar.

On top of the points you have made, look at the ins for the Suns.

This is arguably the strongest midfield they have put on the park all year.

Last week they started well against Melbourne, then two-meter-peter got injured while taking an inside-50 grab, missed the kick on goal, and within about ten minutes the wheels had fallen off against a team renowned for downhill skiing.

Will the Suns win tomorrow? Probably not. But 17s is overs. As a gambling man, I take the odds when they seem in my favour. And if you play this game 17 times, the Suns fluke at least one of them. Just ask the Swans.

Now let's talk about betting tactics. If the Suns win, it may be by one point. But they may win by a goal or two. You'll get 70-1 that they win by two goals. Really? Play this game 70 times and the Suns win only one of them by two goals? Give me a break.

25-degree heat and a single injury to either team is several goal disadvantage. I'm not hoping for injuries but the stats say that a game-ending injury occurs more than once every 70 games.

I'm loading up on the Suns tomorrow and I advise every body reading this to NOT do so. Why? I'm a mug punter. Down ~50 units for the year. Cheers.

Because its against the board rules - what help is it to anyone stating what bets you placed at lines that are no longer available?

Its detailing my bets and as i said most if not 80% of the lines are available

Unfortunatly putting down a unit or 2 moves the line there and then i have posters msg so its easier to post on here and let people chose whether they take the minor difference in line or value.

I dont see that as being unreasonable for the forum

I have been on a role
so do the opposite
St KildaEssendon vs St Kilda - First To 10 Points 1st Quarter - Straight
@ 2.45
Total Cost$50.00

Its detailing my bets and as i said most if not 80% of the lines are available

Unfortunatly putting down a unit or 2 moves the line there and then i have posters msg so its easier to post on here and let people chose whether they take the minor difference in line or value.

I dont see that as being unreasonable for the forum

There's a sub forum for detailing stale lines

Back