Mod. Notice 2018 AFLW - Critics get your fill here.

Remove this Banner Ad

So basically you want women treated differently to the men?? Interesting concept

No If I was able Id moderate the mens matchday threads the same way. In fact, trolls and malcontents arent supposed to be allowed there either. However bitching about womens footy by the usual crew of people who somehow believe that they are being FORCED to watch womens footy for some reason is inevitable and id like it confined to here.

No If I was able Id moderate the mens matchday threads the same way. In fact, trolls and malcontents arent supposed to be allowed there either. However bitching about womens footy by the usual crew of people who somehow believe that they are being FORCED to watch womens footy for some reason is inevitable and id like it confined to here.
The mods on this sight are truly a joke when it comes to womens AFL. You gloss over genuine arguments about the quality and reasoning behind establishing the comp and then just say it’s all too hard

The mods on this sight are truly a joke when it comes to womens AFL. You gloss over genuine arguments about the quality and reasoning behind establishing the comp and then just say it’s all too hard

Actually Im not saying its all too hard at all. Im saying that people trolling AFLW threads in every thread with the same crap about free ticketing, crowd numbers and skill sets over and over and over, will simply not be tolerated. Just like last year.

There are existing and current threads for these beefs, ill not have them be derailing every goddamn AFLW thread again this season.

Folks, I dont want every AFLW thread full of the same crap about free tickets and player skills, so complain and comment in this thread to your hearts content.
Prefer talking about the game being played and giving honest feedback (good and bad) and debunking any myths being sprouted by those who are dishonest (only good and nothing is bad) in their appraisal of certain aspects of the game

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Prefer talking about the game being played and giving honest feedback (good and bad) and debunking any myths being sprouted by those who are dishonest (only good and nothing is bad) in their appraisal of certain aspects of the game

Good for you. Theres nothing wrong with honest feedback. Until it becomes repetitive and in every damn thread. That will not be allowed to happen. If you cant handle that, then refrain from entering AFLW threads.

Good for you. Theres nothing wrong with honest feedback. Until it becomes repetitive and in every damn thread. That will not be allowed to happen. If you cant handle that, then refrain from entering AFLW threads.
So do what i say and agree with my opinion or you're gone, dictatorship at its finest

So do what i say and agree with my opinion or you're gone, dictatorship at its finest

Thats not what I said at all. I said you can criticise, but not repeatedly post the same negative crap over and over. If you exercise restraint, then I dont have to moderate. You can start by being less melodramatic.

But is it bitching or is it just a different view point?
I don’t watch the woman’s footy and I am not invested in it. But when you are out and about you do come across a lot of women and some men who bleat about the pay disparity saying it is unfair and then sighting the strong crowds and television ratings as the basis of their argument about why they should be paid more. When the fact of the matter is it is free to attend and the AFL gave away the TV rights so they have not made a signal dollar off running the competition. People will then counter that with not all the men’s clubs make money look at North Gold Coast GWS St Kilda and so on but the fact is the men’s game still makes money and we need to small clubs so the lager clubs can make money and that is why the wealth get redistributed towards them as the men’s comp can stand on its own to feet. Until the woman’s comp can reach that point it is a liability to the game and people will criticise it.
While some may consider the advertising over the top it is essential to try and grow the comp so it can become sustainable and if that can happen it will be good for the game. But for mine the thing that annoys me about it is all the people that get triggered over the pay

^^^

...and if any further evidence in support of the OP's initiative was required.
And how does one become a member of one of these lager clubs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All ten VFL matches with an aggregate of 36 points or less were played in the years 1897-1900. Did someone leave the sprinklers on, Moorabbin-style?
Thank you for that stat. AFLW still has a bit of catching up to do, six behind by my count. The three times it occurred last year were matches played in the wet. Tonight's looked to be practically in pristine conditions (or as good as you could reasonably hope for in February, at least).

Does this mean 2018 will be an even lower scoring season, or will this particular game be an anomaly in retrospect.

It was a horrible game. Number of decision making errors was astronomical. I have seen over 150 games of WAWFL youth girls, reserves and league and it struggled to be much better than the worst of them. Really disappointing. What went wrong? Coaching too defensive? Too many players that look good and athletic training but cant make correct decisions on the ground? Does the 16 players reduce the spread making it more congested? Or are these sides just bad? I won't name names yet but there were some players out there who were way below standard. Hoping for better games tomorrow.

It was a horrible game. Number of decision making errors was astronomical. I have seen over 150 games of WAWFL youth girls, reserves and league and it struggled to be much better than the worst of them. Really disappointing. What went wrong? Coaching too defensive? Too many players that look good and athletic training but cant make correct decisions on the ground? Does the 16 players reduce the spread making it more congested? Or are these sides just bad? I won't name names yet but there were some players out there who were way below standard. Hoping for better games tomorrow.
Original plan was for the AFLW to have its debut season in 21 or 22 so all the development funding was geared towards getting the talent pool ready for then. Until that point depth of talent will be an issue. In 2021 you will have girls come through that have played rep juniors and been in development squads since they were 12-13 and they should then play to a higher standard

3 goals to 2 is a horrible spectacle. They should try shortening the field for a start as it doesn't make sense that they are playing on the same field as the men.

lets also mention the fact that AFLW games go for half the time of a mens game. 15 minute quarters with no time on, except for the last two minutes. The women play a style of the game that is far more based on tackling than the mens leading to a more congested style of play despite having less players on the field. And chances are the new last touch rule reduces scoring further by greatly reducing the roving and set play opportunities for goal inside 50 that would normally result from boundary throw-ins.

Ill also point out that not one of these women has more than 8 senior games of AFLW under their belt. barely 1/3rd of a normal mens season. But no, you want the same experience, coping under pressure and situational awareness from full time professional mens footballers with many more games than that.

lets also mention the fact that AFLW games go for half the time of a mens game. 15 minute quarters with no time on, except for the last two minutes. The women play a style of the game that is far more based on tackling than the mens leading to a more congested style of play despite having less players on the field. And chances are the new last touch rule reduces scoring further by greatly reducing the roving and set play opportunities for goal inside 50 that would normally result from boundary throw-ins.

None of that makes sense. Men's game is all about defense and tackling now and the last touch rule means teams can't set up defensively at stoppages anymore which is why it's so hard to score. Take about 50m off the field as a start.
Considering half the girls can't kick 30m properly it's ridiculous they are on a full size field.

None of that makes sense. Men's game is all about defense and tackling now and the last touch rule means teams can't set up defensively at stoppages anymore which is why it's so hard to score. Take about 50m off the field as a start.
Considering half the girls can't kick 30m properly it's ridiculous they are on a full size field.

Womens teams have been playing on full sized fields for more than 30 years.

Folks, I dont want every AFLW thread full of the same crap about free tickets and player skills, so complain and comment in this thread to your hearts content.

Truly bizarre approach tbh.

But, if that's the way you want to organise and segregate things, maybe you should behave in the same way and spirit that you're now demanding of everyone else - and do people the courtesy of not having to put up with your slavish and tiresome cheerleading for AFLW on this thread just like on all the others?

Just saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back