2018 AFLW Grand Final - Western Bulldogs v Brisbane - Sat, Mar 24, 12.35pm, Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it Ashmore? Who was caught holding the ball for the dogs last goal, her worst mistake was having clean hands. Fumble that and it's a different game.

yeah that was a tough decision, influenced the course of the outcome unfortunately.

in saying that, the Bulldogs were just a bit cleaner and a bit more systematic in the 2nd half.

Monique Conti's had an awesome debut season, good to watch, but I liked Jenna Bruton's game just as much; Bruton was excellent last week in the 'virtual prelim' too - tough lil' player who makes good decisions.

well done Doggy Girls, fun team to watch this year; hopefully next year the Cats can come in and cause a ruckus !

My lord what did I just watch for the last couple of hours? That was the worst “Grand Final” or anything I’ve seen, and I reckon I see better quality football in mixed juniors. AFLW is just an atrocious grade competition trying to be masqueraded as equal to the main event.

If anyone needs me, I’ll be waiting next to my mail box for my Human Rights code violation.

Congrats to the bulldogs winners.. I guess...

My lord what did I just watch for the last couple of hours? That was the worst Friday Night football or anything I’ve seen in 2018, and I reckon I see better quality football in mixed juniors"

EFA.... i assume you were talking about Carlton on Friday night this year? ;)

My lord what did I just watch for the last couple of hours? That was the worst “Grand Final” or anything I’ve seen, and I reckon I see better quality football in mixed juniors. AFLW is just an atrocious grade competition trying to be masqueraded as equal to the main event.

If anyone needs me, I’ll be waiting next to my mail box for my Human Rights code violation.

coming from a Carlton supporter that is a massive indictment; you'd have watched a lot of atrocious football over the past decade or so; clearly know what you're talking about!

People frothing at the mouth at Bob Murphy and still bringing it up years later just makes that moment even sweeter.

It's also nice to be reminded of the Bulldogs victory, that was awesome. What a beautiful day!

Sorry - but who's pretending it's 'equal' to the main event ??? It's the 'womans' AFL grand final and was pretty gripping the whole game (yes - a lot due to lack of scoring).

I'm tipping you don't get on here after the VFL Grand Final bemoaning the standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow I had forgotten how success creates salt.

Well done girls, first of the two pioneering teams to win a premiership.

Bad luck to the Lions, team I would have had the least angst in losing too.

Lols at the nuffies that just spent 2 hours of their Saturday arvo watching the game just so they could come on here and run it down. Ripping contest well done Doggies!

Yep - those people must lead sad little lives. I think it's just fantastic seeing a bunch of fit, athletic Australian woman out there showing so much passion for our game.

The point is it's 'womans' football - it's basically a different game from mens football just as if you watched an Under 14 boys grand final it's going to be played differently to the mens grand final. My daughters play aussie rules and I can tell you the standard and skills literally are improving every week and its a really open brand of footy with less tackling and scrummages.

I'm not sure why you'd switch on the TV and expect to see anything else ?

coming from a Carlton supporter that is a massive indictment; you'd have watched a lot of atrocious football over the past decade or so; clearly know what you're talking about!

Why does the club I support have anything to do with it? If that’s the case plenty could be said about you and your Geelong support and any random connotations.

On the sling tackle issue - no longer an issue. There was countless tackles with pinning both arms and dumping or slinging. Many far worse than any of Brennan's indiscretions yet did not even warrant a free. The umps lost control of this game.

Absolutely this. Umps lost control of the game. High tackles, holding, sling tackles going unpaid all day long. Players lying motionless on the ground and play allowed to continue three metres away. It was a fierce, contested, wet-weather game and all the players were 100% committed, but it needed to be much better officiated as a matter of player safety. If the umpires aren't up to it they shouldn't be umpiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back