2018 AFLW Grand Final - Western Bulldogs v Brisbane - Sat, Mar 24, 12.35pm, Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

But will Malcolm Turnbull and Waleed Aly give her character references and get her off the hook?
No, but Julia Gillard will be replacing her at full-forward.

You haven't watched very closely if you think Brennan is the only one who knows what they're doing. She's a gun, but there are numerous players at her level or above.
Yes I have.
Know my footy very well.
She's the only one, with Rocky Cranston 2nd............
Then.
No, that's it.

That's a shame.
The only player in AFLW that actually looks like she knows what she is doing out there isn't playing......
Disagree. Pearce, Phillips, Blackburn, Molloy, Kearney, Paxman, O'Dea, Frederick-Traub, Brennan, Conti, Randall, Davey, Harris, Mc Williams, Bates, Allen, Gum, Marinoff, Ludkins. I have seen most games and those players look like they know what they are doing. I can name plenty more. Maybe your mind is closed on the matter and you are not giving the women a chance. But there are definately some girls out there who can really play, and some who just need more footy in them to show their wares.

Does a certain women's football team need to change their nickname?

When I read "Dog banned for Grand Final", I'm reminded that even though these girls aren't the best lookers in the world, that is still a little harsh.
There are some girls playing that are very good looking. Your captain has a face that looks like a dogs backside, but it has not stopped him from being a gun footballer. So who cares what they look like?

Disagree. Pearce, Phillips, Blackburn, Molloy, Kearney, Paxman, O'Dea, Frederick-Traub, Brennan, Conti, Randall, Davey, Harris, Mc Williams, Bates, Allen, Gum, Marinoff, Ludkins. I have seen most games and those players look like they know what they are doing. I can name plenty more. Maybe your mind is closed on the matter and you are not giving the women a chance. But there are definately some girls out there who can really play, and some who just need more footy in them to show their wares.

Agree with you. Though you forgot Dana Hooker :thumbsu:
Ignore them they're a bit of a troll.

Exciting GF match-up - I think WB clearly the dominant side, and BL earned their place by winning the games they needed to win and using the experience of last year's GF victory. Should be a great match.

The mrp won't have the burden of suspending a man from the afl GF
But it seems when it comes to the women they don't care and are guilt free to suspend someone from the GF.

Double standards

The mrp won't have the burden of suspending a man from the afl GF
But it seems when it comes to the women they don't care and are guilt free to suspend someone from the GF.

Double standards

Don’t worry, they’ve lodged an appeal on the basis of Bob missing out, so it would be unfair for the AFLW side to also have their captain out...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get your facts right. They have not lodged an appeal yet. Go onto the AFL board and read the article properly.

Settle down; I re-read the article and they lodged that argument with the tribunal - which was thrown out.

The only inaccurate part of the post was that it was lodged as an appeal to the failed tribunal appeal, when instead it was lodged at the tribunal appeal.

Settle down; I re-read the article and they lodged that argument with the tribunal - which was thrown out.

The only inaccurate part of the post was that it was lodged as an appeal to the failed tribunal appeal, when instead it was lodged at the tribunal appeal.
The hearing went for an hour and then at the end they mentioned Murphy's name when summing up. They asked the jury to reconsider because playing in a GF is "exceptional and compelling." It was hardly based on Bob Murphy, as you suggest. His name was mentioned for 10 seconds at the end. Your post is completely inaccurate.

The hearing went for an hour and then at the end they mentioned Murphy's name when summing up. They asked the jury to reconsider because playing in a GF is "exceptional and compelling." It was hardly based on Bob Murphy, as you suggest. His name was mentioned for 10 seconds at the end. Your post is completely inaccurate.

You’re making a very large mountain out of a very small molehill, much like the poster I replied to at the beginning.

You’re making a very large mountain out of a very small molehill, much like the poster I replied to at the beginning.
Maybe mate. This suspension has pissed me off though because I have enjoyed the women's game and dont want players missing out on a huge game for them because of a tackle that may not have been executed perfectly. No player was injured. Playing in a GF would be huge for them, just like for the men. No male player would miss out on a GF because of this, so why should they? Goodnight.

Maybe mate. This suspension has pissed me off though because I have enjoyed the women's game and dont want players missing out on a huge game for them because of a tackle that may not have been executed perfectly. No player was injured. Playing in a GF would be huge for them, just like for the men. No male player would miss out on a GF because of this, so why should they? Goodnight.

It’s likely a combination of wanting to appear former under the new MRP system, wanting to stamp out sling tackles so the target market of trying to get new female players involved don’t think its an acceptable outcome, and yes, that an AFLW Grand Final suspension will not create anywhere near the level of media scrunity that suspending Cotchin would have.

tenor.gif

Does a certain women's football team need to change their nickname?

When I read "Dog banned for Grand Final", I'm reminded that even though these girls aren't the best lookers in the world, that is still a little harsh.
Cripes, 274 posts in over 10 years and that's the best you've got?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back