2018 AFLW Season - offseason moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Colorado Avalanche; Houston Rockets
The Brennan appeal is fascinating - sexual discrimination, commercial ramifications for an ambassador not playing in a GF, AFL not treating men and women the same...what a sideshow!

Aug 7, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Colorado Avalanche; Houston Rockets

WA Lion

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Feels like a desperation move - throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Interesting to see how it plays out.
At least it is a better argument than 'oh but we already played a final without bob Murphy'!

Feels like they're making fools of themselves here. They're in a specific competition, following a set of rules. Does this happen at vfl or vafa level when the point to precedents set in the afl? doubt it. Besides they should have made this case the other night, todays hearing isn't about a review of the actual decisions, its about whether an error of law has been made. Idiots

Mar 27, 2006
Bribie Island
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team

Feels like a desperation move - throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Interesting to see how it plays out.
I would prefer if she got off to be honest ,then if we get up , they won’t have that for an excuse .

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I would prefer if she got off to be honest ,then if we get up , they won’t have that for an excuse .

There is always an excuse. Besides, we're missing Virgo. Brennan isn't even an All-Australian.

Feels like they're making fools of themselves here. They're in a specific competition, following a set of rules. Does this happen at vfl or vafa level when the point to precedents set in the afl? doubt it. Besides they should have made this case the other night, todays hearing isn't about a review of the actual decisions, its about whether an error of law has been made. Idiots

Alberti.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I feel strongly about sling tackles, injured or not. I think it is the mens rules that need changing to bring them in to line with this rule for the girls.

It would be so easy to change the rule....if someone does an obvious sling tackle, automatic 1 week suspension. If the person on the receiving end is injured, they get more.

I don't see it has to be so damn complicated. KISS.

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I hope she doesn't get off because it gives us more chance of winning. If the men were playing Richmond in a grand final would you want Dusty to play or play them without Dusty.?

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just looked at weather for Saturday...23 and thunderstorms! Was hoping for a dry day for the women to display there skills.....bulldogs will be thunderstruck by Sabrina n her pride.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How is this complicated, she committed the offence, twice, and with the rules in place before the start of the season she gets suspended. She is playing in the women's league, what's the mens league got too do with anything. If she was playing soccer she gets a year, it's completely irrelevant.

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
But in ice hockey that would of only been a two minute exclusion and, and, and in gridiron it would have been a ten yard penalty and automatic first down.

This is sexist, racist and totally discriminatory against pretty blonde girls because frankly she is too good. Tall poppy syndrome. Stockholm syndrome.

Where is the Justice! !!

Doggies thinking of going to court apparently

Hope that's a "this could happen", rather than "we're considering dragging this on and on".

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hope our girls are even more determined now than ever...

Let them go in as underdogs ....all of Vic will be on the Bulldogs bandwagon.

Get out there girls and show them your best, shut the lot of them up!

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
But in ice hockey that would of only been a two minute exclusion and, and, and in gridiron it would have been a ten yard penalty and automatic first down.

This is sexist, racist and totally discriminatory against pretty blonde girls because frankly she is too good. Tall poppy syndrome. Stockholm syndrome.

Where is the Justice! !!

jackiechiles.jpg

Back