2018 AGM (Tues 11 Dec) & Annual Report

Remove this Banner Ad

Another thing announced by Jeff club was the past players association will receive $75,000 per annum compared to the much smaller $20,000. A good move by the club and Hopefully in time we can increase it more.

Jeff answered the pokies question as well as you could. We do alot for the community as a whole, something that many alternative pokie machine owners probably cannot say.

It is more a government issue than a Hawthorn issue. Removing out interest in the machines will not reduce the machines available to the public.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah that was something that was good to hear, you want to see some sort of ongoing support for players that have represented this great club in times of need.

Last edited:
Jeff was asked a question about Dingley and said:
  • They are doing some work after Christmas on the site
  • Estimated cost of the project is $135m
  • Expecting to start some construction in 2020
Our financial position is good - another profitable year reported

$135 mil......
Should only take about 50 years to pay that off.
How much are we asking the Federal and State Govts for?

$135 mil......
Should only take about 50 years to pay that off.
How much are we asking the Federal and State Govts for?

Jeff didn't share how we are planning to raise the funds for Dingley, but it has been said previously that we are not planning on going into debt to build Dingley - so won't be taking 50 years to pay off!

Jeff didn't share how we are planning to raise the funds for Dingley, but it has been said previously that we are not planning on going into debt to build Dingley - so won't be taking 50 years to pay off!
Already have at least 10 million from donations.

I assume that the club has other funds available and perhaps the sale of assets may assist too.

Dingley will no doubt also have revenue steams built in unlike Waverley that I believe only has the museum and hawks nest.

Restaurants, gym etc..

Can we develop the Waverly site to build 3-storey apartment blocks (once we move out to Dingley, of course)? I believe we bought the site from Mirvac for $1. Should generate a fair bit of profit.
Isn’t there some sort of heritage protection on the stand and field? I thought that was how we got it so cheap in the first place.

Isn’t there some sort of heritage protection on the stand and field? I thought that was how we got it so cheap in the first place.
Don't know about that. Was just thinking as there is a site close by home that would be no bigger than Waverly ended up with over 100 units (possibly closer to 200). Could sell at an average of 1 Mil. Be good if we could, but as you say, there may be some restriction preventing that.

Don't know about that. Was just thinking as there is a site close by home that would be no bigger than Waverly ended up with over 100 units (possibly closer to 200). Could sell at an average of 1 Mil. Be good if we could, but as you say, there may be some restriction preventing that.

A heritage overlay was placed on the grandstand and oval which helped HFC at the time as it gave us a home which the AFL could not sell from under us. The clubs were basically all broke at the time and the AFL sold the whole of the site to Mirvac to $80M on the proviso that three bays of the stand and the oval remain, and the lake (for some reason) I think.

What we need now is for the heritage overlay to be lifted and be able to develop the stand and oval into more housing and sell at a fat profit.

A heritage overlay was placed on the grandstand and oval which helped HFC at the time as it gave us a home which the AFL could not sell from under us. The clubs were basically all broke at the time and the AFL sold the whole of the site to Mirvac to $80M on the proviso that three bays of the stand and the oval remain, and the lake (for some reason) I think.

What we need now is for the heritage overlay to be lifted and be able to develop the stand and oval into more housing and sell at a fat profit.
North would just burn it down then ask the AFL to pay for the rebuild...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back