Prediction 2018 All Australian Predictions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never seen a photo before. They look like 6th formers from a minor private school lining up for the end of year photo. The blazers are bizarre. Wonder if they fetch as much on e-bay as other footy stuff OR whether they get shoved to the back of the cupboard and the moths have a field day OR whether they are worn by the winners.

whitfield wtf-the guy should be still suspended from his drug test avoidance
- but yes lets elevate him

rance doesnt play full back
blitz has played on all the monester full forwards

so what we have a team where we have 2 tall unaccountable backmen, so no one to lock down on full backs seriously piss poor team
AA team built on “ team defense”
Gil heard the phrase on 360 and liked it clearly.

At least Tommy can do both.

Go Catters

I have never seen a photo before. They look like 6th formers from a minor private school lining up for the end of year photo. The blazers are bizarre. Wonder if they fetch as much on e-bay as other footy stuff OR whether they get shoved to the back of the cupboard and the moths have a field day OR whether they are worn by the winners.

I'm curious if the players get a new blazer each year or it's just one blazer & with a new AA recognition they have to return it before being presented with it again - if you look close enough at some of the photos from last night and the pockets on the blazer they are embroidered with "All Australian" and the year the player has been AA; so someone like Sidebottom has 2018 on his blazer pocket, while on Dangers you can see 6 years on it.

The AA team is selected after Round 22 - so they name the 40 man squad but are then also finalising the team - and when you consider that the presentation night is 3 nights after the end of the season you can kinda understand why they use that extra week to get everything ready such as the embroidery.

I'm curious if the players get a new blazer each year or it's just one blazer & with a new AA recognition they have to return it before being presented with it again - if you look close enough at some of the photos from last night and the pockets on the blazer they are embroidered with "All Australian" and the year the player has been AA; so someone like Sidebottom has 2018 on his blazer pocket, while on Dangers you can see 6 years on it.

The AA team is selected after Round 22 - so they name the 40 man squad but are then also finalising the team - and when you consider that the presentation night is 3 nights after the end of the season you can kinda understand why they use that extra week to get everything ready such as the embroidery.
The wanky blazers fit perfectly with the concept of team that can only play with itself.

Here's a team that just might beat them. (Incredibly, Joel missed out a second time!)

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2018/8/29/the-all-australian-b-team

Good to see Blicavs, Hawkins & Ablett acknowledged though

There was a stat going around on social media last night that Blicavs only conceded 18 goals to his direct opponents this season - I'd love to see something offical to back that up, but if true then his value in defence is seeming really underrated

Good to see Blicavs, Hawkins & Ablett acknowledged though

There was a stat going around on social media last night that Blicavs only conceded 18 goals to his direct opponents this season - I'd love to see something offical to back that up, but if true then his value in defence is seeming really underrated
the team selected is so unbalanced its a joke
caddy has been big, hawkins has had a massive year
blitz has killed it as a defender

So why is he in a forward pocket then?

Because in my opinion he was competing for a KPF spot with Franklin and Riewoldt. They weren’t going to pick 3 talls in the one side. I don’t believe they viewed Gunston as a third tall. More mid-size. I also think Gunston being able to drift back as a loose in defence didn’t hurt his cause either.

Last edited:
Not AA discussion, but results from tonights AFLPA awards have started to be announced - first up is Best Captain:

RICHMOND star Trent Cotchin has taken out the best AFL captain award in a landslide, taking out the AFL Players’ Association gong by a whopping 181 votes.

Less than a year after leading the Tigers to their first premiership in 37 years, Cotchin was voted by his peers as the AFL’s best captain.

Cotchin polled 249 votes among his peers, finishing well ahead of joint runners-up Shannon Hurn of the West Coast Eagles and Scott Pendlebury of Collingwood, who both polled 68 votes.

Cats skipper Joel Selwood (51) and Giants co-captain Callan Ward (42) finished fourth and fifth respectively.

Adelaide captain Taylor Walker, who had been voted best captain for the previous two consecutive seasons, finished outside the top five.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back