Prediction 2018 All Australian Predictions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If I were to pick the team I think I would only sneak dangerfield in. I have a position open in the back pocket Tom Stewart, Blicavs, Harris Andrew, Dylan Grimes shannon hurn. Are all the in the mix. I would probably pick Yeo except I wanted to pick a defender not a utility so I put yeo on the bench.

I think this is Stewart's best opportunity although the selectors generally make you have a couple of reliable good years before they slot you in. I'm thinking Dylan Grimes might get a Guernsey.

B. Laird Rance
HB. Lloyd McGovern Whitfield
C. Dangerfield Cripps Mcrea
HF Martin Franklin Gunston
F. Gray Riewoldt Bruest

Foll. Grundy Oliver Mitchell

Inter.

Gawn Yeo Pendlebury
Sidebottom

Just a rough side hawkins is stiff you could go either way with him and Franklin. It's tough to ignore Franklin averages 425metres gained a match that's incredible. Hawkins 258m gained score involvements hawkins 170 range Franklin 160 more snags for hawk it's very close.

That's why I don't really have ben brown in the conversation even though he kicked more goals. Gunston is a utility bruest and gray pick themselves. If they go for 3 talks hawk is in Martin is probably borderline

The bench I probably missed players it's really tough i think from geelong perspective danger is in but we could have hawkins and Stewart. It's rare for an 8 team to have 3 selections though usually higher places teams get the nods.

Gaff is still but how his year ended I'm not sure you should be handed an all australian Guernsey.

Finally seen Stewart get recognised in an AA team:

2018MediaAATeam.jpg

I really hope Caddy isn't selected in the final 22. I don't think I can deal with the fallout from it. We will never hear the end of what a bad trade it was :straining::eek:

Isn't that the final squad? ^^
No - it's from the AFL websites journos

A total of 13 AFL.com.au journalists across Victoria, New South Wales, Western Australia, South Australia and Queensland voted for their All Australian teams following the 40-man squad announcement on Monday.

From reading the article it appears that they each did their own AA team and the final squad was based on the players selected in the most teams

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-28/two-rucks-check-out-our-all-australian-team

If I were to pick the team I think I would only sneak dangerfield in. I have a position open in the back pocket Tom Stewart, Blicavs, Harris Andrew, Dylan Grimes shannon hurn. Are all the in the mix. I would probably pick Yeo except I wanted to pick a defender not a utility so I put yeo on the bench.

I think this is Stewart's best opportunity although the selectors generally make you have a couple of reliable good years before they slot you in. I'm thinking Dylan Grimes might get a Guernsey.

B. Laird Rance
HB. Lloyd McGovern Whitfield
C. Dangerfield Cripps Mcrea
HF Martin Franklin Gunston
F. Gray Riewoldt Bruest

Foll. Grundy Oliver Mitchell

Inter.

Gawn Yeo Pendlebury
Sidebottom

Just a rough side hawkins is stiff you could go either way with him and Franklin. It's tough to ignore Franklin averages 425metres gained a match that's incredible. Hawkins 258m gained score involvements hawkins 170 range Franklin 160 more snags for hawk it's very close.

That's why I don't really have ben brown in the conversation even though he kicked more goals. Gunston is a utility bruest and gray pick themselves. If they go for 3 talks hawk is in Martin is probably borderline

The bench I probably missed players it's really tough i think from geelong perspective danger is in but we could have hawkins and Stewart. It's rare for an 8 team to have 3 selections though usually higher places teams get the nods.

Gaff is still but how his year ended I'm not sure you should be handed an all australian Guernsey.
Why would you pick Hawkins over Riewoldt? Hawkins averages more goal involvements then riewoldt per game which kind of makes him the better full forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have him in ahead of whichever midfielders they decide they can't do without and put there.

Or Gunston, take your pick (or both of course).
Caddy ahead of Gunston or Caddy & Gunston ahead of whichever midfielder they try to squeeze into the forward line?

Agree with the latter

Why would you pick Hawkins over Riewoldt? Hawkins averages more goal involvements then riewoldt per game which kind of makes him the better full forward.

I assume you mean "wouldn't ?

I just really don't understand seeds think he just became a triple Coleman medalist. I really am not going to debate a position I think most people see as locked in. On your thin baiting ridiculous one liners.

I really hope Caddy isn't selected in the final 22. I don't think I can deal with the fallout from it. We will never hear the end of what a bad trade it was :straining::eek:

I was laughed at when I said he was an elite half forward. Now he's a premiership player and in all australian squads

I think we got parfitt out of it still he was contracted and happy enough.

Still stings a bit I also liked Vardy lol so you never know which way it will go you just hope letting motlop go has been o.k this year

I was laughed at when I said he was an elite half forward. Now he's a premiership player and in all australian squads

I think we got parfitt out of it still he was contracted and happy enough.

Still stings a bit I also liked Vardy lol so you never know which way it will go you just hope letting motlop go has been o.k this year
Caddy's played his role to perfection this year. Doesn't make me like him any better.

I assume you mean "wouldn't ?

I just really don't understand seeds think he just became a triple Coleman medalist. I really am not going to debate a position I think most people see as locked in. On your thin baiting ridiculous one liners.
The dismissal of facts is the argument of the idiot.

Goal involvements pèr game is a better measure of who is the better froward then total goals.

Goals - Score Involvements
Riewoldt - 1st - 2nd
Hawkins - 3rd - 3rd
Franklin - 4th - 7th
Bruest - 5th - 6th
Gunston - 7th - 12th
Martin - 27th - 1st
Brown - 2nd - 42nd
Dangerfield - 47th - 4th
Gray - 16th - 24th
Caddy - 10th - 80th

Should Caddy and Brown really make it?

Riewoldt - 1st - 2nd
Hawkins - 3rd - 3rd
Franklin - 4th - 7th
Bruest - 5th - 6th
Gunston - 7th - 12th
Martin - 27th - 1st
Brown - 2nd - 42nd
Dangerfield - 47th - 4th
Gray - 16th - 24th
Caddy - 10th - 80th

No one thinks brown should make it. Has season stats aren’t all that great and that’s even despite the fact he played every game where as most others missed a couple.

Riewoldt - 1st - 2nd
Hawkins - 3rd - 3rd
Franklin - 4th - 7th
Bruest - 5th - 6th
Gunston - 7th - 12th
Martin - 27th - 1st
Brown - 2nd - 42nd
Dangerfield - 47th - 4th
Gray - 16th - 24th
Caddy - 10th - 80th

Wouldn't have had Brown anyway. Caddy to me is an either/or with Gunston (they might pick both, I'm guessing only one).

Those stats seem to confirm that Riewoldt, Hawkins, and Breust will get picked. Makes a good case for both Martin and Dangerfield too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back