Toast 2018 All-Australian Squad/22 - Hurn, Gov and Gaff Named+ Simpson Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy getting selected is bollocks.....let alone getting captain.
Did anyone hear the Sam Mcclure radio interview prior to the evening starting?
McGovern let it slip that he was there to receive his award.
It was obvious Gov was there to collect his award. We wouldn't send any of our boys over unless they were getting it.

10180298-3x2-700x467.jpg

Hurn reflects on how he was robbed, while Higgins wonders if Gaff will force him out of position at North. Rance admires someone's (Whitfield?) ass.

Silver Lining - and a big silver lining at that:

After this disgusting AA Captaincy shafting I think Hurn is going to come at finals firing and harder at it.

Likewise Yeo plays his best when he's taking it personally and out to prove a point - I think this snub will help get him going early and breathing fire, nostrils flared with a scary look in his eye.

10180298-3x2-700x467.jpg

Hurn reflects on how he was robbed, while Higgins wonders if Gaff will force him out of position at North. Rance admires someone's (Whitfield?) ass.
Laird contemplating on whether he should tell Tex that he's leaving, Gawn looks pissed off that they took all his attention away by putting Grundy on the bench.

Additional jokes for my post above:

"Riewoldt looks at Oliver, relieved that he's not the ugliest one there for once."
"Gawn is actually standing in the first row."
"Oliver had to resist the urge to fall over dramatically when someone inadvertantly touched his shoulder helping him into his jacket. Now he's regretting it."

Dusty seeing flashbacks of Yeo squatting his don't argue and burying him 6ft under Optus stadium.

I honestly only heard of him a few months ago when Terry Wallace gave avishka shade for crticising his drafting. I just assumed he was a solid B grader being lifted by a good team.

Shane Edwards is a brilliant footballer, no doubt, but it should have been Yeo in that team. He is more impactful than half of the others. It's a travesty of justice. That and with 24hr junction Franklin as Captain. Spare me!
The selectors should be sacked - all of them, for 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 months ago most of us didn't want Hurn as the captain of the footy club any more. Now we are outraged he is not captain of the AA team. That speaks volumes for his season and his leadership when you consider how many kids we've debuted.

Congratulations Shannon, and enjoy being a Premiership Captain instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back