Toast 2018 All-Australian Squad/22 - Hurn, Gov and Gaff Named+ Simpson Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeo's snub could work in our favor.

Could definitely see him coming out next weekend fired up with a point to prove

Buddy says two words to media at training...im good..

Runs off...

I love buddy but the aa captain now is offically an AK POSITION...ass kissing

Sorry if words like ass kissing offends anyone but seriously it is now that ...

Having now added up all the votes it makes sense why the Victorians thought McGovern was a lock for CHB.

His two best games of the year where Round 9 against Richmond and Round 17 against Collingwood. They may have been the only two games they watched of the Eagles all year. And then he had the after the siren goal against Port (in what was maybe his worst game of the season before that kick), so for them he was an easy pick.

Sometimes the Vics not watching us actually helps...

Having now added up all the votes it makes sense why the Victorians thought McGovern was a lock for CHB.

His two best games of the year where Round 9 against Richmond and Round 17 against Collingwood. They may have been the only two games they watched of the Eagles all year. And then he had the after the siren goal against Port (in what was maybe his worst game of the season before that kick), so for them he was an easy pick.

Sometimes the Vics not watching us actually helps...

You really have to let this "thing" you have with McGovern go mate.

I think Sheppard should have been nominated for the squad before McGovern.

On the main board, I posted that the AA team is no fan of lockdown defenders. Too much focus on intercept marks, running off your opponent, metres gained. I like players that stop the opposition from scoring, and Sheppard is one of those. Along with N Jetta, Andrews, Stratton, Grimes etc. The team needed more of them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get your point, but you just seem to keep banging on about it.

In an internet forum about football you really have two options:
1. Provide neutral but rather boring commentary on a particular game, an aspect of the game or an uncontroversial subject; or
2. Find many hills to die upon. My personal favourite at this time is the Higgins goal. Still filthy about that, and, no, I will not let it go.

In an internet forum about football you really have two options:
1. Provide neutral but rather boring commentary on a particular game, an aspect of the game or an uncontroversial subject; or
2. Find many hills to die upon. My personal favourite at this time is the Higgins goal. Still filthy about that, and, no, I will not let it go.

Some might consider repetitiveness boring.

Rather than bitch about Hurn being overlooked as captain, we should be applauding him being acknowledged for a brilliant year. It's not often a 30 year old player can take his game to a new level but that's what Bunga has done this year

I was of the opinion Shuey should have been made captain in 2018 to go along with the clubs new home ground and change of direction. Happy to say I was proven wrong, not only did Hurn grow as a player he also settled into his role as captain and the club is better for it

Well done him and our other two AAs, Gaff and Gov

Shane Edwards is a really good player and every good team needs a guy like him, so anyone disrespecting his capabilities as a player is wrong.

However, I would take Yeo every day of the week over him, someone like Yeo with his versatility and game breaking ability is significantly more valuable, and I would argue Yeo's season has been better.

Had significantly more impact than Gaff this year IMO.
Gaff just doesn't "go missing" because of his high stat numbers. Much less vital player though.
I don't think we need to undersell Gaff to rate Yeo highly.

Gaff is a star, this year his footskills were some of the best, he was clean when it was his turn to go and he knew when to go for goal.

Amazing year by Gaff. Yeo is stiff because he's arguably the best two way running midfielder, amazing defender of both the man, as well as defending space.

While I don't necessarily think you need to be your club captain to be considered.
I would have thought out of the 22 selected it was deemed you showed the most leadership to your team for the entire season.
If its just an honorary position * it off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back