Toast 2018 All Australian Team (Squad Announcement 27.08)

Remove this Banner Ad

Even commentators are fully saying both Grundy and Gawn should be in; both will get an AA, as they both should.

I actually think Pendlebury deserves it on this season - so under appreciated.

Steele might just get in, deserves it.

Great for De Goey but you’d think he just won’t make it, and that’s fair enough too.

Summed up:

Grundy only certain selection.
Scott and Steele maybes.
Jordan not.

Yeah based on the team i would probably have the chances as follows:

Grundy Lock
Sidebottom 50/50
Pendlebury 30/70
DeGoey 10/90

Pendles only a victim of his lofty standards, but statistically has had a pretty good year.

Great result for them to be recognised. Unfortunately I can see Pendlebury and JDG missing.

Grundy a lock.

Sidebottom on a wing would make sense but I can just as easily see him missing.
If I was picking a side Penders would be in the first few I would select, he deserves a spot this year. IMHO

If Grundy misses, I call BS on the AA concept, easily a standout and a huge reason we finished third, especially with the level of carnage we suffered this year. Agree with you he is a lock.

Sidebottom is a probable for mine, due to the nature and colour of the stripes he wears.

Last edited:
Yep thought if De Goey made it, Crisp would have been equally as deserving.

Jeremy Howe missed the squad in 2016 after a very good year.

Yep thought if De Goey made it, Crisp would have been equally as deserving.

Jeremy Howe missed the squad in 2016 after a very good year.
*Crisp :eek:Collingwood player . . . derp . . reset
*Howe:eek:Collingwood player / Melbourne traitor . . . derp,derp,derp . . exterminate . . wobble, wobble, ding . . . reset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to the guys!

I must admit, JDG is a surprise. He was good, but I thought WHE and maybe even JT had better years (and Crisp too if we look around the ground).

Dont get me wrong, I think he will make many AA teams and maybe even win a Brownlow one day, but not sure this is his year. I sort of feel like the Media want him to be the main event, and they constantly talk about him in games, which is great... I'm sure he will be.

I'm very pleased to see De Goey recognised. There's no doubt he's good enough to be in that sort of company, but I thought missing so many games would have ruled him out. Crisp belongs in the squad, and Hoskin-Elliott is rather unlucky as well.

Still a pretty good result overall. Hopefully at least a couple of them make the team. Grundy and Sidebottom probably will, but I suspect they'll find a way to leave Pendlebury out again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back