News 2018 Alternate Guernsey - we get to decide ...sort of

Remove this Banner Ad

#2 in the lead!?

Heritage throw back? You gimps remember us playing in that in 1932?

The 90s jumper is an absolute classic and a reminder of our most successful era. The V is a reminder of our miserable start as a VFL club. In that V jumper we won 3.2 games a year including two winless seasons.

Now get back on there and change your votes.

Last edited:

What is going on?! Why are we voting for an inverted version of a guernsey with a V on it that represents the most miserable era in the history of our club that none of us were alive to see over the one that embodies the most successful era we've had? One that we've been begging to have as an alternate guernsey for years?

What is going on?! Why are we voting for an inverted version of a guernsey with a V on it that represents the most miserable era in the history of our club that none of us were alive to see over the one that embodies the most successful era we've had? One that we've been begging to have as an alternate guernsey for years?

I don't know. Maybe it's because one is a traditional classic football jumper design. The other is a kind of daggy 90s throwback that doesn't exactly stand up to the test of time. It's also been done twice within 12 months so it's not like there's the same nostalgic yearning that there was a few years ago.

Or maybe you are simply putting too much faith in the chattering class - the opinions of those around you doesn't necessarily reflect the wider view.

I like the V in number 2, but the stripes on the back look unbalanced against the front.

Take the blue number panel off the back of 3, whack it on 2 and lose the stripes.

What do you think of the shield on the back of #2? I assumed it was to appease NimChief.

I voted for the 90's jumper as i was in my prime and also thought the #2 jumper had that kangaroo inset...

Would be happy with the V though, i just reckon they look snazzy as a guernsey

3 would be a clear winner if he didn't have it last year. We'd effectively be paying another $120 for a jumper that doesn't have a gold trim on it. I don't care if we were miserable back then. We are North and it was a part of our history.

What do you think of the shield on the back of #2? I assumed it was to appease NimChief.

I love the shield as well, it's sex.

But it has no place on the back of that jumper. Too many design elements going on, it's starting to look like The Homer.

I like the V in number 2, but the stripes on the back look unbalanced against the front.

Take the blue number panel off the back of 3, whack it on 2 and lose the stripes.
Talking a lot of sense as usual Arden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, no no.

This:

glenn-archer-of-the-kangaroos-in-action-during-the-round-19-afl-match-picture-id2397473
ftmh3.png

Well considering that I've spotted two threads one which has now been locked and one in bay 13 where opposition supporters and disgustingly some of their mods are deliberately trolling the vote using different browsers to vote multiple times it's safe to say that the vote probably won't represent what Roo supporters want.

I prefer 3 but I would imagine that the roo on #2 will basically be close to unseen / embossed style. It would probably look good in that instance.

Edit: By the way, has anyone ever used the private browsing mode in Firefox? It's really interesting as it treats each session you open as a different user... just thought I'd throw that in here as an unrelated but interesting topic.

What the hell have you guys done?

They deliberately put the stripes on the back and the stupid kangaroo embossing so that nobody in their right mind would vote #2. The glorious 90s kit was a lay down misere.

This is tragic loss for football design.

Well considering that I've spotted two threads one which has now been locked and one in bay 13 where opposition supporters and disgustingly some of their mods are deliberately trolling the vote using different browsers to vote multiple times it's safe to say that the vote probably won't represent what Roo supporters want.
Don't hate the Bay just because we love #1.

Its your jumper, and ultimately you own the choice, but imho #2 is a total homer. A check for the chevron, but the watermark roo, and the strips, and the tramp stamp shield?

I hate clash jumpers being forced on clubs (accepted us having one only as a last resort), but its the world we are now in so we need to make the best of it.

Imo you have two choices, a rotating alternate, in which case the choice is meh because you move on in 1-3 years. However, if you want this locked in stone, pick a jumper that screams north melbourne.

I hated white rfc clash strips because they are generic s**t. The 90's roo leaves no one in any doubt whos playing. And it doesnt have a dumb cartoon on it (a personal hate of mine fwiw)

Anyway, your call so make sure you vote - and agree with others it should have been a members only poll

Remove this Banner Ad

Back