Socceroos 2018 WCQ THREAD-v HONDURAS FOR SPOT IN RUSSIA (Dates TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They can support anyone they want.
I have no issue with people supporting another nation if they have stronger ties to there than here

Its the people that hate on the national side (see this alot in Cricket) to be edgy or different that can * right off as far as i'm concerned

Lol i bet you have lived here your whole life. Great support.

I have lived in Aus my whole life, but have dual citizenship also.
And yes we can support who we like.
Like aussies never support my country in the world cup or any sport, its always England England England, epl teams, English F1 teams.
So there you go.

Don't deserve my support.

I have lived in Aus my whole life, but have dual citizenship also.
And yes we can support who we like.
Like aussies never support my country in the world cup or any sport, its always England England England, epl teams, English F1 teams.
So there you go.

Don't deserve my support.

England is the last team I would support after Australia. More than happy to see the Poms beaten by anyone!

They can support anyone they want.
Also just looked through some of his post history. You might want to revoke your support. Someone doesn't seem to understand the significance of alot of things. 'Couldnt give a stuff about the ANZACS' being one highlight before i had read enough to be validated. (Didn't take long)

No quite normal actually....
Some of us just prefer the teams of our heritage or other nationality.
Mate, I consider myself much more Greek than Australian, and yet I passionately support the Socceroos. Having an international heritage isn't an excuse to actively support against the nation that you live in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my grandparents was born there, moved here really young though.
Yeah, I thought it would be something like that. Usually you don't really feel a connection to a place unless you are half of whichever nation that is: (meaning you have two grandparents born there). I think this Galaxy guy is more connected to his heritage, (still no excuse for barracking against his home country mind you)

My heritage is Italy but I feel zero connection to them.

Same with me and Hungary although I support them during the Euros.

Out of interest, how distant is this heritage? That's often a big factor, once it gets to 1/4 Italian (for example) people tend to lose connection.

I've tended to mostly find the opposite when it comes to Italy. I don't know what it is about the Italians but no matter how distant the connection they seem to follow Italy.

Same with me and Hungary although I support them during the Euros.

I've tended to mostly find the opposite when it comes to Italy. I don't know what it is about the Italians but no matter how distant the connection they seem to follow Italy.
Haha yeah it's the same with the Greeks, many half Greeks I know feel a lot more Greek than half.

I think the ties loosened more easily in the past when moving between countries was a huge decision and meant very little ongoing contact with your former home and the goings on there. Now that we live in a much more global environment it's more natural to feel ties to more than one country.

Who really gives a $hit if an Australian citizen barracks for one of our sporting teams or another.
Honestly.
Are so many people so easily sucked into the dog whistling from f***s like Abbott?

Also just looked through some of his post history. You might want to revoke your support. Someone doesn't seem to understand the significance of alot of things. 'Couldnt give a stuff about the ANZACS' being one highlight before i had read enough to be validated. (Didn't take long)

Besides the pacific theatre in ww2, and the modern stuff, what is there to respect?
And Aussies are very much not respectful of my other nations contributions... even if they only know the same old English propaganda.

Last edited:
Besides the pacific theatre in ww2, and the modern stuff, what is there to respect?
And Aussies are very much not respectful of my other nations contributions... even if they only know the same old English propaganda.
Wow. Someone doesnt know history. Start with the Rats and the Light Horse at Beersheba.
Lol we, as a nation, rag on ourselves every 5 mins demanding we respect everyone. Yet god forbid we expect the same..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
you are a fool. If not so much the achievements you respect. It is their service to this country and the sacrifices they gave for this(or their) country that deserve respect.

But if you talking about "achievements", the read up on the multinational force in the Battle of Amiens, or the mostly Australian Battle of Hamel and 2nd Battle of Villers-Bretonneu.

Anywhy, Jedinak out of the Confed Cup for rest. Hard luck for him but no need to run someone to the ground just for this month.

I'm disappointed for Smith as he has been one of the more consistent performers over the qualification stage. Jedinak on the other hand looked a bit cooked against the Saudis.

I'll be interested to see what team Ange puts out tonight against Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back