Socceroos 2018 WCQ THREAD-v HONDURAS FOR SPOT IN RUSSIA (Dates TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Wikipedia is correct..
Robbie Kruse has played 22 games in the last 3 seasons at club level - that's 7 games per season on average.
And has scored 0 goals in the last 3 seasons.

Why is he playing for the Socceroos?

If Wikipedia is correct..
Robbie Kruse has played 22 games in the last 3 seasons at club level - that's 7 games per season on average.
And has scored 0 goals in the last 3 seasons.

Why is he playing for the Socceroos?

Ange has a hard on for him.

Their 1st goal looked offside but I haven't seen a good angle.

Definitely onside.

This is the moment the ball leaves the boot
jpnaus1_0.png

You can watch the replay here on the Foxsports website

That loss is mainly down to Ange and his team selection. Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to play Kruse up top? There was nobody even busting a gut to get forward and by the time the midfield did get into the final 3rd there was half the Japan team there. So much possession in wide areas with nothing to go to. We missed Mooy massively and lacked any sort of creativity.

Their 1st goal looked offside but I haven't seen a good angle. The 2nd was a good finish but Ryan should have done better.

We'll dick Thailand.
The first goal was textbook inside. Smith just stood there, ball watching. Was a pathetic first half from him. Worst on ground.

Just flat after that. 7.5 hours until the Japan-Saudi, so it's gonna be a long wait. Have to leave it last game, last minute Australia style.

Not sure exactly how realistic it is, but to be safe, we need to aiming for at least a 5-6 goal win vs Thailand. We need to prepare for the possibility of the Saudis winning by 2-3 goals. Wouldn't happen in normal circumstances, but who knows what will happen considering Japan are already through and may not really care about the result. That being said, I don't think that Japan would actually intentionally allow Saudi Arabia to win by a big margin, just as they wouldn't intentionally get flogged in a friendly match.

Last edited:
Our group may be tight but take a look at group A...

upload_2017-8-31_23-37-57.png

Syria play Iran who have nothing to play for, Uzbekistan host South Korea and China travel to Qatar. Syria will qualify if they win and South Korea don't (them drawing will be enough for Syria). Uzbekistan will qualify if they win and Syria don't. Would be an amazing story if Syria qualify but I would also like to see the Uzbeks get there given they were 1 goal away last time. GD is probably too much for China.

Should also mention how satisfying it is seeing Qatar bottom with a capital E in brackets :).

Not sure exactly how realistic it is, but to be safe, we need to aiming for at least a 5-6 goal win vs Thailand. We need to prepare for the possibility of the Saudis winning by 2-3 goals. Wouldn't happen in normal circumstances, but who knows what will happen considering Japan are already through and may not really care about the result. That being said, I don't think that Japan would actually intentionally allow Saudi Arabia win by a big margin, just as they wouldn't intentionally get flogged in a friendly match.
Considering we have scored F-all from open play... unlikely. We didn't even score from open play against Thailand the first time.

not sure where this should be posted but
Australia going downhill in sport very quickly!!
Socceroos - average
Cricket team - very average with very average competition
Rugby Team - Rubbish
Olympic Team - on a downward slide, under achievers
Tennis - talented lot but essentially very average

not sure where this should be posted but
Australia going downhill in sport very quickly!!
Socceroos - average
Cricket team - very average with very average competition
Rugby Team - Rubbish
Olympic Team - on a downward slide, under achievers
Tennis - talented lot but essentially very average

We've been s**t for quite a while actually.

The curse of the 2005 Ashes......

Ryan and Smith should be dropped for Tuesday on that effort.

Ryan could of done more for the 2nd I guess, but his distribution was disgraceful last night, the worst I've seen from a top keeper in ages; which is meant to be his strength..

His 30m hack goal kick turnover started the chain for the first goal.

Brad Jones should be starting and he's not even in the squad, playing for the dutch champions and in the champions league and can't get a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some players will still be playing for spots on the WC squad. And Japan takes national pride rather seriously. I don't think they'd just fold against the Saudis.

Surely Japan would love to see Australia out. They coukd easily field a b team
Not sure they'd care really. They fielded a weakened side last night and we couldn't beat them.

Got our selections and tactics wrong, badly wrong.

For some reason we've historically struggled to score against Thailand.

Thailand 2 vs 2 Australia (2018)
Thailand 0 vs 1 Australia (2014)
Australia 2 vs 1 Thailand (2014)
Thailand 0 vs 4 Austraila (2007)

For some reason we've historically struggled to score against Thailand.

Thailand 2 vs 2 Australia (2018)
Thailand 0 vs 1 Australia (2014)
Australia 2 vs 1 Thailand (2014)
Thailand 0 vs 4 Austraila (2007)
Woah our history goes into the future?

In case we finish 3rd, hoping that Korea gets at least a draw vs Uzbekistan so they remain 2nd. I know some ppl think we'll lose against anyone atm, but Syria or Uzbekistan will be a lot easier than Korea, even if Korea haven't been in particularly good form during these qualifiers.

In case we finish 3rd, hoping that Korea gets at least a draw vs Uzbekistan so they remain 2nd. I know some ppl think we'll lose against anyone atm, but Syria or Uzbekistan will be a lot easier than Korea, even if Korea haven't been in particularly good form during these qualifiers.
But playing in Tashkent wont be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back