2018 Association Football Awards

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You only have to look at who voted for who in what area. All those places are massively Tory while London has become a huge labour stronghold.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Yeah. Essex, Kent, Surrey, Hampshire I think Suffolk too. Basically the most affluent parts of the country
Yeah most the people I met who went to spurs or Chelsea games regularly were based in the first 3 listed. Once you get to the family raising age you have to move out of London imo

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah most the people I met who went to spurs or Chelsea games regularly were based in the first 3 listed. Once you get to the family raising age you have to move out of London imo
Most spurs fans are from Hertfordshire (I forgot them) and north Essex. Surrey is Chelsea and palace in the main and that’s the most wealthy county in England.

London itself has a massive wealth divide. It has the most richest postcodes right next door to some of the poorest in the country. Very few people can afford property there now.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Jealous that we are based in a city that doesn’t need to suck on the tit for govt benefits
4afcecd41a7e499204af89d49a037fcb.jpg

June 2018 unemployment rate
Liverpool - 4.8%
London - 5.2%

Dippers.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Paying £500 a week to share a dingy 1 bed flat with a family of rats
Liverpool: 6%
London: 85%
Having the govt pay for the same thing....

You get the jist.

Anyone who has actually been to the two cities know the difference. It’s actually a bit sad how unevenly wealth is distributed across the UK and how many cities we hear of over here you visit and think are shitholes. Birmingham is another one. Jeez it’s as boring there as Aston villa was to watch in its final couple of PL seasons

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Having the govt pay for the same thing....

You get the jist.

Anyone who has actually been to the two cities know the difference. It’s actually a bit sad how unevenly wealth is distributed across the UK and how many cities we hear of over here you visit and think are shitholes. Birmingham is another one. Jeez it’s as boring there as Aston villa was to watch in its final couple of PL seasons
Most cities particularly in the north were born out of the industrial revolution so they have that urban, grittiness about them. You wouldn’t have experienced that in Australia where everything is shiny and new. There’s some beautiful English cities though, don’t know if you visited them. Bath, Winchester, York to name a few. The West Country particularly Cornwall and Devon are also beautiful. Picturesque scenery you wouldn’t have experienced in Australia

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Most cities particularly in the north were born out of the industrial revolution so they have that urban, grittiness about them. You wouldn’t have experienced that in Australia where everything is shiny and new. There’s some beautiful English cities though, don’t know if you visited them. Bath, Winchester, York to name a few. The West Country particularly Cornwall and Devon are also beautiful. Picturesque scenery you wouldn’t have experienced in Australia
Yeah I rated Devon and Cornwall didn’t make it to the rest. The Lake District is by far the best part of the Uk from what I saw.

Worst Troll:

A very conflicting poster as this person was also close to winning Best Troll before being pipped with the last set of votes. He only really has one target, Liverpool and, specifically, one player. I say this is a controversial selection as I believe he does a good job at rustling their feathers which is what a good troll should do but, ultimately, that doesn't sit well with everyone. The winner of this award is Bradesmaen as he takes home his second award.

B

Total votes:
Bradesmaen – 5
FAITH – 3
Burntchook – 2
typeclub – 2
Zizou – 2
SM – 1

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Worst Troll:

A very conflicting poster as this person was also close to winning Best Troll before being pipped with the last set of votes. He only really has one target, Liverpool and, specifically, one player. I say this is a controversial selection as I believe he does a good job at rustling their feathers which is what a good troll should do but, ultimately, that doesn't sit well with anyone. The winner of this award is Bradesmaen as he takes home his second award.

B

Total votes:
Bradesmaen – 5
FAITH – 3
Burntchook – 2
typeclub – 2
Zizou – 2
SM – 1
It's like Donald Trump as President... what happens when you allow the uneducated (Liverpool fans) to vote.

Worst Post:

Everyone voted for a different post, so I'll just list them. The worst posts, as voted by the great people of the Association Football Board, for 2018 were:

• Any Gerrard slip gifs
  • Anyone who can't understand English i.e. FAITH
  • Any from Zidane about City
  • WR's post about PEA encouraging the banana to be thrown at him
  • Any of Bradesmaen's posts
  • moomba's "top 10 transfer fees- adjusted for inflation"
  • "If Pep loved him, he'd be at the club"
  • Burntchook getting over-excited after the NLD
  • Any about CHO leaving
  • Any of Gero's posts about Chelsea
  • Ratts of Tobruk linking looking at attractive women to rape

Last edited:
Most Biased Poster:

Who else was it going to be?

115.jpg

jod23 takes home this award yet again! At least this year was a lot closer than recent years with fellow Red ADL and anti-red Brades making a contest for a while.

Votes:
Jod – 7
ADL – 4
Brades – 3
Gero – 2

Most Biased Set of Supporters:

When the top two most biased posters are from the same team, you can imagine that this award would not have been much of a contest.

NOV18-Europa-League-Final-Liverpool-v-Sevilla.jpg

Votes:
Liverpool – 10
Everton – 1
Hull – 1
Tottenham – 1

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Most Biased Poster:

Who else was it going to be?

115.jpg

jod23 takes home this award yet again! At least this year was a lot closer than recent years with fellow Red ADL and anti-red Brades making a contest for a while.

Votes:
Jod – 7
ADL – 4
Brades – 3
Gero – 2

I demand a recount.

Best Set of Supporters:
The first of the positive awards, this was a tight race but, once again, it was the most hated team in England. I guess it's hard not to sound biased but we don't really seem to have any major flogs in our bunch. From the laid-back chef to the newly-resurrected Zoom, Chelsea fans have a bad reputation everywhere but here.

Chelsea-v-Manchester-United.jpg

Votes:
Chelsea – 4
Arsenal – 3
United – 3
City – 2
Liverpool – 1
Tottenham – 1

Back