2018 Association Football Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m just playing of course SM. Unfortunately the new gig has completely shut down my ability to be on bigfooty during work hours (this is what comes with an improved opportunity I guess 😢). Then throw in Christmas, my sister being heavily pregnant, weddings etc it’s definitely been a busy few months.

Hoping to spend more time on here again now though.

I have to say, if Liverpool do hang on I'll be quite pleased for the likes of Jodlet, Ross etc.

Done the hard yards and I wouldn't begrudge them their moment in the sun.

Until jod opens his gob, then I'm posting diseased dick pics until I'm banned ha ha.
Hahah cheers mate.

To be fair, I wont be lording this win over City fans. It's more your campaignery neighbours I will let know. :D

As much as City have made it even more difficult to win league titles, I havent minded it. It stops United winning more and it pisses United off that it's City doing all the winning. But if you could just please roll over this season and let us have this one, I'll be eternally grateful.

Best Post:

It can be difficult to pin-point a particular post that was memorable and, just like with the worst post award, everyone had a different best post. So here they are:

• "Nooooooo" - Bomberboyokay everytime West Ham concede
  • Gerrard slip gifs
  • "The post-cup QF mocking of Woolwich for over celebrating their cup final"
  • Any of glenferry23's Simpsons gifs
  • Any of jod23's posts
  • Everytime someone says Burnt Chook or Doctor Levy
  • You're a more talented version of Grandblue.
  • The post that gave FAITH the flick
  • Zoom's Willian melts

Best Post:

It can be difficult to pin-point a particular post that was memorable and, just like with the worst post award, everyone had a different best post. So here they are:

• Gerrard slip gifs
  • Any of jod23's posts

• Zoom's Willian melts
Any of my posts ... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best Post:

• Gerrard slip gifs
  • Any of jod23's posts

• Zoom's Willian melts
Burntchook and Doctor Levy is what I actually read when I see the two of them post

Posters You'd Like to Have a Drink With:

Depending on whether you enjoy a few beers, a couple of glasses of red (any more gives you a pounding headache) or, if you're not into the demon's piss (in the words of FAITH), you might just stick to the coke (the drink) or maybe a fruit juice. Some just like to have a cup of Earl Gray or, if you're sporting a man-bun, a beard, tatts and stretched ears, a tumeric latte from your local tree-hugging joint.

The point is, we all like to have a drink with someone and chat about s**t and, despite numerous noms from each poster, we had an outright winner here. With 5 votes, chef is the one most here would like to spend some time with and chat. As for me, I said everyone so he's a worthy winner in my eyes.

50474.jpg

Chef – 5
Glenferry – 3
Jatz – 3
RossFC – 3
Bojan - 2
Cruyff – 2
SM – 2
Zoom – 2
Blueboys – 1
Doctor Gero – 1
jd – 1
Jod - 1
Memphis – 1
NextYear – 1
Loonerty – 1
Pants – 1
Peternorth – 1
Roo – 1
Thistle - 1
WR – 1

Best Troll:

What makes a good troll? Is it someone who can throw out bait and successfully get a few fishies to bite? Humour? Original material? Isn't repetitive? A combination of a few? Regardless, this poster certainly provides humour. His targets have included Spurs, Man City, Man United, Real Madrid and, even, Dortmund. He even diverges from the world game and has cracks at AFL teams, specifically Geelong and North, so very few are safe from his wrath. This was a close-call in the end and it's Zoom who goes back-to-back. Bradesmaen was a close second despite taking home the worst troll award.

194471.jpg

Zoom - 6
Bradesmaen – 5
Fwoy – 1
Jod – 1
SM – 1

Best Troll:

What makes a good troll? Is it someone who can throw out bait and successfully get a few fishies to bite? Humour? Original material? Isn't repetitive? A combination of a few? Regardless, this poster certainly provides humour. His targets have included Spurs, Man City, Man United, Real Madrid and, even, Dortmund. He even diverges from the world game and has cracks at AFL teams, specifically Geelong and North, so very few are safe from his wrath. This was a close-call in the end and it's Zoom who goes back-to-back. Bradesmaen was a close second despite taking home the worst troll award.

194471.jpg

Zoom - 6
Bradesmaen – 5
Fwoy – 1
Jod – 1
SM – 1
Ummmm yay?

Depending on whether you enjoy a few beers, a couple of glasses of red (any more gives you a pounding headache) or, if you're not into the demon's piss (in the words of FAITH), you might just stick to the coke (the drink) or maybe a fruit juice. Some just like to have a cup of Earl Gray or, if you're sporting a man-bun, a beard, tatts and stretched ears, a tumeric latte from your local tree-hugging joint.

The point is, we all like to have a drink with someone and chat about s**t and, despite numerous noms from each poster, we had an outright winner here. With 5 votes, chef is the one most here would like to spend some time with and chat. As for me, I said everyone so he's a worthy winner in my eyes.

50474.jpg

Chef – 5
Glenferry – 3
Jatz – 3
RossFC – 3
Bojan - 2
Cruyff – 2
SM – 2
Zoom – 2
Blueboys – 1
Doctor Gero – 1
jd – 1
Jod - 1
Memphis – 1
NextYear – 1
Loonerty – 1
Pants – 1
Peternorth – 1
Roo – 1
Thistle - 1
WR – 1

latest

50474.jpg

Chef – 5
Glenferry – 3
Jatz – 3
RossFC – 3
Bojan - 2
Cruyff – 2
SM – 2
Zoom – 2
Blueboys – 1
Doctor Gero – 1
jd – 1
Jod - 1
Memphis – 1
NextYear – 1
Loonerty – 1
Pants – 1
Peternorth – 1
Roo – 1
Thistle - 1
WR – 1

610375.jpg

Best Thread:

A classic rags to riches story, this thread was voted the worst last year due to it being the equivalent of monkeys slinging poo at each other but, this year, it's turned around to be voted the best. Why? I guess a few are suckers for transfer news even if a vast majority of it is clickbait. There are some humourous posts in there too. Well done to the transfer discussion thread!

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/transfer-discussion-thread.1202085/

Votes:
Transfers – 3
Stadium Redevelopment – 2
Are Arsenal more tinpot than West Ham? – 1
Fantasy – 1
Matchday threads - 1
Off-topic – 1
Tipping – 1
WC Hotties – 1
Yid Army - 1

Best Troll:

194471.jpg

Zoom - 6
Bradesmaen – 5
Fwoy – 1
Jod – 1
SM – 1
So close to the historic double.

Funniest Poster:
When we talk about winning due to reputation, jod was an example with the most biased poster award. Is this another example? This poster is still a regular, and still comes up with the odd jibe, particularly this one:

Absolutely savage from Van Dijk after the match.

35ba1ad.jpg

although not as often as he has in previous years. Also, I must say the lack of the top 30 most disappointing in the PL was, indeed, disappointing. Still, the mob has spoken and Sozabarus takes out this award again!

154097.jpg

Votes:
Soza – 4
Glenferry -3
Zoom - 2
Bojan – 1
Brades – 1
GYP – 1
Magma - 1
Peternorth – 1

Funniest Poster:
When we talk about winning due to reputation, jod was an example with the most biased poster award. Is this another example? This poster is still a regular, and still comes up with the odd jibe, particularly this one:

although not as often as he has in previous years. Also, I must say the lack of the top 30 most disappointing in the PL was, indeed, disappointing. Still, the mob has spoken and Sozabarus takes out this award again!

154097.jpg

Votes:
Soza – 4
Glenferry -3
Zoom - 2
Bojan – 1
Brades – 1
GYP – 1
Magma - 1
Peternorth – 1

610375.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad