Game Day 2018 Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

ok we want to go there then.. wow!

i was hoping to give the club a more optimistic result. do you want to compare it to the last home game vs the pies?

as for the drop plugs, wow, i hope you dont run a business that way.
Which teams home game it is makes a huge difference. A lot of saints fans are less likely to turn up because they don't have their reserved seat or their membership is only for homes games and they don't want to buy a ticket. The same thing can be said for Collingwood fans.
If you want to assess the crowds, thats fine and an interesting exercise but acknowledge things which would make a difference to the crowd.

Our last home game against them was at the MCG which had 50,903 people attended.
Our last home game against them at Etihad we had a crowd of 34855, which was in 2014, which was only -861 people from last night.

Which teams home game it is makes a huge difference. A lot of saints fans are less likely to turn up because they don't have their reserved seat or their membership is only for homes games and they don't want to buy a ticket. The same thing can be said for Collingwood fans.
If you want to assess the crowds, thats fine and an interesting exercise but acknowledge things which would make a difference to the crowd.

Our last home game against them was at the MCG which had 50,903 people attended.
Our last home game against them at Etihad we had a crowd of 34855, which was in 2014, which was only -861 people from last night.
Haha.

Silence not so deafening now.....

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

sverik25 what was the targetted/expected crowd you had?

The average crowd for St Kilda home games against Collingwood at Docklands prior to last night was 45,947. So almost 12,000 short of the average and also the lowest for St Kilda-Collingwood there. The match Saint Watto mentioned in 2014 was the previous lowest (34,855).

The club would have been budgeting for 40,000+ at the start of the season for sure. Last night wouldn't have been anywhere near the boost to the coffers they imagined.

That said I was actually expecting a bit less than what showed up so didn't think it was too bad under the circumstances.

ok so down on 50k then. what a ripping result. thanks for reminding me :)

Did you see watto post. As for silence is deafening I was at the pub and unlike you I always respond even if wrong. In this case you are wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

except its not the last home game... do you want me to quote your response back to you on that one ;)

except its not the last home game... do you want me to quote your response back to you on that one ;)

So you now want to use mcc games as a guide. Come off it. Imagine if we got 80k at the last home game at the g and then you complained when we got 50k at Etihad because the crowd dropped 30k. Considering where both sides are on the ladder the crowd was quite good compared to our last home game at Etihad.

And you can quote what you like. As if I care

So you now want to use mcc games as a guide. Come off it. Imagine if we got 80k at the last home game at the g and then you complained when we got 50k at Etihad because the crowd dropped 30k. Considering where both sides are on the ladder the crowd was quite good compared to our last home game at Etihad.

And you can quote what you like. As if I care

hahahahaha. mate you asked for the last home game. you got it. dont go whinging into your beer because the number was even larger!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 of our 6 home games have been against interstate sides so wouldn't expect it to be any different.

Maddies Match against the Tiges in a few weeks and the rest of our home games against Vic sides will surely get those numbers up a bit.

4 of our 6 home games have been against interstate sides so wouldn't expect it to be any different.

Maddies Match against the Tiges in a few weeks and the rest of our home games against Vic sides will surely get those numbers up a bit.

also 1 less game than same time last year, so its not like for like

what a great result...

Interesting that this comes off the back of our record breaking year for membership!

Signals to me that there will be a huge drop off in members next year, if large numbers aren’t attending and subsequently worse attendance figures unless we have some kind of circuit breaker in the off season. New coach being the most obvious of these given we are highly unlikely to attract top talent.

Feel for the membership team, it’s going to be a much harder sell next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back