ATP/WTA Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, am watching the Millman match and there is a very noisy doubles match involving Thompson and Saville on the next court, Challenger level matches so different to the big tournaments!

Last edited:

Straight sets win, 7-5 6-1. Millman's experience and composure paid off against Thommo. Thompson lost the plot a bit in the second set and Millman took advantage. Well deserved win :thumbsu: :) Only blip was John had the chance to serve it out at 5-0 and dropped his serve. Otherwise he was hitting the ball well.

Blake Ellis has gone form chocolates to boiled lollies, crashing out in the first round of the Yokohama Challenger. Kubler through to round two.

Several other Aussie still to play; Millman, Purcell, Whittington and Thompson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Millman has an injury?

Must have. That's a shame, could have collected some valuable points in this tournament.

Kubler and Thompson still there. Whittington knocked out in a three setter that went over two days and Purcell was beaten by Millman yesterday.

Edit: Unless Millman is crook. I watched his match yesterday and there was no sign of an injury.

Polmans won the final of the Renmark Futures event over Saville. I happened to be in Renmark during the week for work (well I found a reason to go) and caught a bit of the tournament. It was good to see some professional tennis on lawn.

Two players that are really struggling at the moment are Barton and Jasika. Ben Mitchell is really playing well, not sure if he is planning a full time comeback but no reason he can't get inside the top 200 if he does commit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back