ATP/WTA Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Millman playing in the ATP tournament in Budapest. Currently 4-4 in the first set against Albot.

Edit: Some of these tournaments leave a lot to be desired. This one has trains rattling by literally right behind the court sounding their horns, and now an alarm is constantly going off o_O

Last edited:

Millman playing in the ATP tournament in Budapest. Currently 4-4 in the first set against Albot.

Edit: Some of these tournaments leave a lot to be desired. This one has trains rattling by literally right behind the court sounding their horns, and now an alarm is constantly going off o_O

Had that match going in the background and took me half an hour to realise that alarm wasn't coming from somewhere outside but at that tournament. Nice win for Johnny.

Great win by Johnny even if that result screams tank for the appearance fee by Pouile. Hopefully he can keep it going tonight

Great win by Johnny even if that result screams tank for the appearance fee by Pouile. Hopefully he can keep it going tonight

I didn't see the match but I too was very was surprised to read the result, although Millman has beaten him before. I checked the point by point scores and there were a few breaks of serves and quite a few deuce games so, hmmm, dunno...

A good week for Australians on the Challenger tour.

Patrick-Smith in the quarter finals tonight in Leon.
Thompson in the Semi finals in Anning
Purcell plays Polmans in a Semi final in Tallahassee

A good week for Australians on the Challenger tour.

Patrick-Smith in the quarter finals tonight in Leon.
Thompson in the Semi finals in Anning
Purcell plays Polmans in a Semi final in Tallahassee

Polmans smashed him in that semi and Patrick-Smith won that QF. Polmans at his new career high inside the top 170 with that win.

Millman has also had to sleep on serving for the match, 5-4 in the third of that QF match in Budapest when it was suspended for darkness. 8.30 tonight for the conclusion.

Millman finished off his interrupted quarter final match with an easy service game, only to have to endure another one! Currently a set all against Bedene (6-2,7-6, Millman won the second set) when I assume it was bad light again that stopped play.

If he can win this he will play another LL in Cecchinato in the final. Go Johnny!

Last edited:
It was technically an easy service game but each rally of those 4 points was more than 25 strokes per rally. Was just exhausting to watch. Hope he can win this semi tonight

It was technically an easy service game but each rally of those 4 points was more than 25 strokes per rally. Was just exhausting to watch. Hope he can win this semi tonight

Thanks, I was just going off the scores. Haven't seen any of the semi either but will hopefully catch the last set tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arghhh, I nearly died! Millman wins his semi in a tiebreak but it was excruciating! So many chances to wrap it up but it went down to the wire.

I wonder if he has to play the final in a few hours or will it be postponed until tomorrow :think:

I wasn't watching just following on twitter but it sounded a roller coaster of a match. Great week from John. Even if he loses the final he should be around 70 in the world.

Final is not before 11pm but it will most like be closer to midnight. Absolutely happy for John, he deserves it. If you want to see the definition of tight, have a look at the smash at 6-4 in the tb, knew he was going to miss it

Yes just saw on Twitter he plays again in a few hours. That's two days in a row he's had to play twice in one day, sheesh!

Final is going to be tough, I doubt he's got enough left in the tank to win (mentally as well as physically) but you never know. I really admire his persistence and tenacity.

He didnt do anything wrong on the set pointg he had (unlike the semi), been very closely fought although hard to see him win holding up over 3 unless the italian guy has a meltdown

Just another point on Millman’s form he seems to be playing a bit more aggressively at the moment, going for his shots and using a bit more variety. Hope he continues with this as he needs this to go to the next level IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back