37 - Kyrgios - defending W @ Brisbane, R16 @ Melbourne
41 - Ebden - defending R16 @ Brisbane, R64 @ Melbourne
73 - Thompson - defending R32 @ Brisbane, R32 @ Sydney, R128 @ Melbourne
84 - Tomic - DNP Australian season

15 (CH) - Barty - defending R32 @ Brisbane, F @ Sydney, R32 @ Melbourne
38 - Gavrilova - defending SF @ Sydney, R64 @ Melbourne
43 (CH) - Tomljanović - defending R16 @ Brisbane, R128 @ Melbourne
72 - Stosur - defending R32 @ Brisbane, R16 @ Sydney, R128 @ Melbourne

Bartys rank would be higher if she didn't cop so many tough draws. It was Barty who was the seed in the French Open who had Serena before the 3rd round.

and have a look back at the AO draw. Sabelenka first round, Giorgi 2nd and then Osaka in the 3rd. All super dangerous players on fast courts and all have won titles this year. she also had Azarenka in Tokyo.

Both deserving winners but a bit pathetic to have joint winners in my opinion. Personally I think it takes a bit away from the award. The alternative is to have seperate male and female winners.
Agreed. Barty should have won it. Year end rank of 15, grand slam doubles title, big singles title to end the year.

Yeah, joint is a cop out, personally i think with tennis, expectations on the what players do plays a factor. where i would say alex smashed expectations while ash was at about right given her end to 2017. With that in mind i would of had Alex as the winner up until Ash's win in Zhuhai gets her over the line. I wouldn't expect anything less from TA/Newcombe medal...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australian firebrand Nick Kyrgios has sensationally lost his cool after being knocked out of the doubles at the Miami Open.

Kyrgios and American Taylor Fritz were bundled out of the tournament by Guido Pella and Joao Souza 7-6(4) 6-7(3) 10-8.

Kyrgios was infuriated at certain points during the match, but let loose once it was over.

In footage taken courtside and uploaded to social media, Kyrgios can be heard yelling obscenities and calling the chair umpire a disgrace.

“What the f--- is wrong with you?!” Kyrgios screamed at the umpire before smashing his racket on the ground.

“You’re a f------ disgrace. F------ disgrace.”

Ken C @tnns_ken

https://twitter.com/tnns_ken/status/1109594461670178818

The adults win. The kids lose. Great match. NK gives a proper breakdown to keep his reputation intact. #MiamiOpen #Kyrios

7:15 AM - Mar 24, 2019

97 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Kyrgios was exasperated by a number of contentious line-calls and overrules made by the chair umpire.

The 23-year-old can then be heard remonstrating with someone sitting courtside.

"You think that’s alright? You think it’s alright: yes or no?” he asks.

“Yes or no? That’s not an answer. He’s a disgrace.

"Come out here and play 100 per cent and deal with idiots like him.

"Does he get fined for his mistakes? It's rubbish, man."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back