ATP/WTA Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I_am_Vengeance

Debutant
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
kyrgios doesn't have the mental capacity to go any further he will lose to this lucky loser

I_am_Vengeance

Debutant
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Kyrgios will take this tournament. Beat Tsitsipas in 2 - at least one tiebreaker and beat Medvedev in 3.

Alex Bolt is through to the semis's in the Lexington Challenger and seems in good form.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Krygios King of the Mickey Mouse tournaments. Still wouldn't watch him.
Look I see your point. But Washington being a 500 points tournament, it's not considered mickey mouse, same as Acapulco which he won earlier in the year. Still rather him doing well at tournaments, than tanking in tournaments.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
To be fair lets see how he goes in the next two Masters if he makes it to the quarters then I'll be impressed. He should be getting to the semis with the level of the tennis he can play.
Go in with no expectations when watching kyrgios, it's what I do now. Can play tennis. Not mentally there to produce it consistently, so we get varied results. This week has been great.

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
To be fair lets see how he goes in the next two Masters if he makes it to the quarters then I'll be impressed. He should be getting to the semis with the level of the tennis he can play.
To be fair, he doesn't care about playing at the level that he can play. He'll go as deep as he wants, not as deep as he should go. Just as you probably don't always work as hard as you should..

I_am_Vengeance

Debutant
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Kyrgios will take this tournament. Beat Tsitsipas in 2 - at least one tiebreaker and beat Medvedev in 3.

Well I had them around backwards but I called it. Hopefully he keeps up this form going into this US open later this month. Got the Canadian open next so will be interested to see how he goes. He seemed to be carrying a slight back injury as well this last couple of games so perhaps he needs a rest.

The king is back baby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I had them around backwards but I called it. Hopefully he keeps up this form going into this US open later this month. Got the Canadian open next so will be interested to see how he goes. He seemed to be carrying a slight back injury as well this last couple of games so perhaps he needs a rest.

The king is back baby.
Still just as likely to throw a match away the next day.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
I think he suffers more than most with the process of having to do it all again at a new tournament, being back to square one.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Rankings wise he is reliant on the 2 500 tournament wins. From the slams he's had a rd 1 loss at ao, dnp at RG, rd 2 at Wim. Throughout the year he's had a number of poor losses, though 2 difficult opponents in the slam losses.

These are the players he has lost to this year:
Nadal
FAA
Berretini
Ruud
Struff
Coric
Kohlschreiber
Albot
Raonic
Chardy

But kyrgios has saved his season with the 2 tournament wins and if he can finish off the last third of the season strongly then a top 20 ranking is there for him.

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Rankings wise he is reliant on the 2 500 tournament wins. From the slams he's had a rd 1 loss at ao, dnp at RG, rd 2 at Wim. Throughout the year he's had a number of poor losses, though 2 difficult opponents in the slam losses.

Nadal
FAA
Berretini
Ruud
Struff
Coric
Kohlschreiber
Albot
Raonic
Chardy

But kyrgios has saved his season with the 2 tournament wins and if he can finish off the last third of the season strongly then a top 20 ranking is there for him.

Lost against those blokes, 5-1 against the top 10 for the year.

Man is an enigma

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

Nadal
FAA
Berretini
Ruud
Struff
Coric
Kohlschreiber
Albot
Raonic
Chardy

He probably wins 90% of those matches if actually tries to win. He can always get himself back inside the top 30 with the click of his fingers, but his ranking is irrelevant, it will be whatever he's comfortable with

I_am_Vengeance

Debutant
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Thompson, Tomic and de Minaur lose in Montreal but Millman is through to the second round. Millman got in as a LL too. Kyrgios' match has been interrupted.
Barty has also lost.

Looks like it's up to the Milkman and Kyrgios to represent us. I had high hopes for Nick after his win, but knowing him and the fact he has already had a bit of a meltdown in this match, I have no idea what Nick is going to show up.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Barty has also lost.

Looks like it's up to the Milkman and if Kyrgios to represent us. I had high hopes for Nick after his win, but knowing him and the fact he has already had a bit of a meltdown in this match, I have no idea what Nick is going to show up.

Millman will play Cilic in the next round and if Kyrgios gets through he will play Medvedev again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back