ATP/WTA Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

So happy for Millman. 2nd ATP final I believe and just like that he goes from thinking he should play some challengers to his rank ikng he has had most of the year. Great for him

I only discovered today ash is also ranked #1 in doubles. She will lose that ranking next week, but still an incredible effort to be ranked #1 simultaneously in both singles and doubles. Not many players in the last 15 years have achieved that. Maybe hingis was the last player to do it?

Where did you get this from? Looking at the live rankings she is 11th?

I thought after she defended Rome that she would be a chance to get to #1 in doubles as she was ranked #5 at that stage and basically had no points to defend at the French or during the grass season. Barty and Azarenka did no good at the French or Wimbledon though and Barty ended up pulling out of the doubles in the lead up grass events.

Where did you get this from? Looking at the live rankings she is 11th?

I thought after she defended Rome that she would be a chance to get to #1 in doubles as she was ranked #5 at that stage and basically had no points to defend at the French or during the grass season. Barty and Azarenka did no good at the French or Wimbledon though and Barty ended up pulling out of the doubles in the lead up grass events.
Yeah you are right! The commentators said it during her match with Bertens today, that she was #1 in doubles as well. Clearly they were wrong and I took their word for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Popyrin has withdrawn from events he had entered in the coming weeks after losing in Slovakia. A good decision to rest and prepare for next year. He should still get direct entry into the Australian Open depending on other results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back