Test Rugby 2018 Australia @ Wales, Italy & England

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Wallabies' annual trip to Europe starts tonight.

Wales vs Australia 4.20am AEDT Sunday 11th November
Italy vs Australia 1am AEDT Sunday 18th November
England vs Australia 2am AEDT Sunday 25th November

Live on SBS and beIN Sports.

https://www.rugby.com.au/teams/wallabies

Last edited:
What do you expect, we have huge issues...

1) Second rowers- they are soft. Flat out I'll say it. Need more size and mongrel.

2) 2 number 7's don't work. Get a number 8, and decide who to start at 7 between Pocock and Hooper. The other swaps with the other with 30 to go. Simple.

3) Halves- Beale isn't the answer, we need to work out who is our best 10

4) Goalkicking- having a poor goal kicker will lose us more tests than we like.

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
What do you expect, we have huge issues...

Issues that have been coming for years but hey its not like your weren't warned about it... Cheika was never the answer and the NSW "Wallabies" have more questions to answer.

But your like Trump, there is always a post...

3) Halves- Beale isn't the answer, we need to work out who is our best 10

Funny because back in 2014..

The ARU is insane if they don't believe Cheika is the best coach. He is. Knows how to get the best out of some fairly average players. McKensie should go, he has no idea how to coach at test level, and the selection of Beale at fly half was the last straw to prove that.

Can't make strawberry jam out of s**t regardless of who is coach.

Issues that have been coming for years but hey its not like your weren't warned about it... Cheika was never the answer and the NSW "Wallabies" have more questions to answer.

But your like Trump, there is always a post...

Funny because back in 2014..

Can't make strawberry jam out of s**t regardless of who is coach.

Not as if Mckenzie was the answer either. Neither were or are great coaches, at the time Chieka was worth a go. It's the development that is the number 1 issue, and I go back further and say it's the school systems that are an issue. When I went through school (few years ago now) it was all Union or soccer in the winter and cricket in the summer. Nowadays at least in NSW we have AFL among other sports, thus this is shrinking the talent pool. The pathways for Union players aren't there and what happens, the development is poor. No coach can get results at the top level unless the development is there. Now who is the answer I don't know. I feel we need a NZ coach, but more than that we probably need NZ development coaches. The first priority should be getting the development and pathways right, if we do that we are some chance, if not we are no chance.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
How to fix the back row.
Get McMahon back, start him at 8 Dempsey at 6 Hooper at 8. Samu and Pocock off the bench as that’s when they will do the most damage getting on the ball when the oppositions forwards are tired. You could also put Luke Jones at 6 as he will seriously add to the line out.

The second rows Coleman is solid with out being spectacular would love to see him paired with Will Skelton and his ball running ability specially after his preseason in England

How to fix the back row.
Get McMahon back, start him at 8 Dempsey at 6 Hooper at 8. Samu and Pocock off the bench as that’s when they will do the most damage getting on the ball when the oppositions forwards are tired. You could also put Luke Jones at 6 as he will seriously add to the line out.

The second rows Coleman is solid with out being spectacular would love to see him paired with Will Skelton and his ball running ability specially after his preseason in England

Yeah I like that idea, still like Pocock at 7 and work from there. I know Hooper is a great ball runner but I still rather a 7 as a pilferer so to speak.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah I like that idea, still like Pocock at 7 and work from there. I know Hooper is a great ball runner but I still rather a 7 as a pilferer so to speak.
Yeah I get you but imagine him coming on with 20 minutes to go as the other side is starting to tire and he can get to work at the break down

Yeah I get you but imagine him coming on with 20 minutes to go as the other side is starting to tire and he can get to work at the break down

I’d go the other way and have Hooper coming on against a tiring side. Either way we need to make a call on what number 7 we want. Get our best 8 in there and get a genuine 6 in there. That’s a start.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d go the other way and have Hooper coming on against a tiring side. Either way we need to make a call on what number 7 we want. Get our best 8 in there and get a genuine 6 in there. That’s a start.
Exactly, I think we do have the talent in the backline we need to sort out the forward pack so we can provide them with some good go forward ball

Exactly, I think we do have the talent in the backline we need to sort out the forward pack so we can provide them with some good go forward ball

Correct everything starts with the pack it’s why I give the backs a bit of a break. They can’t do anything when we lose lineouts, our scrum is poor and our players aren’t getting through the advantage line.

Last night was a bit better

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Correct everything starts with the pack it’s why I give the backs a bit of a break. They can’t do anything when we lose lineouts, our scrum is poor and our players aren’t getting through the advantage line.

Last night was a bit better
Missed the start of last nights game and I was fairly drunk for the part I did watch. The only thing I recall is Tupos try. I love seeing him start, if only we managed to keep Lomax in Aus rugby we would of developed a mean front row in years to come with Tupo Useless and and Lomax all being big ball carriers

Missed the start of last nights game and I was fairly drunk for the part I did watch. The only thing I recall is Tupos try. I love seeing him start, if only we managed to keep Lomax in Aus rugby we would of developed a mean front row in years to come with Tupo Useless and and Lomax all being big ball carriers

Thought moving on from Genia is a good thing as well the new halfback was very good

Genia is still very solid at the level but we do need to have one eye on the future as Nick Phipps as the second string halfback isn’t the answer

100% agreed Phipps needs to not be picked he’s very average (putting it nively)

He can’t start over Gordon at the Tahs yet gets the Wallabies gig it’s just odd

Chieka loves him- it’s the same thing with McKensie and a few QLD players. Coaches have favourites

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
First trip to Twickenham next weekend. Despite the looming arse kicking I am still ******* excited.

You'll enjoy it, a great ground to visit and watch any code of sport at. Just keep in mind that getting a train after the match will be a nightmare so hang back and visit a pub or three.

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
You'll enjoy it, a great ground to visit and watch any code of sport at. Just keep in mind that getting a train after the match will be a nightmare so hang back and visit a pub or three.

Thanks mate!! Good advice.

I'm sure that won't be a problem...

Back