Injury 2018 Awareness Thread - 01 Days without an injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad jackson edwards ankle is only a 4 weeker and not a mcgovern 8 weeker. Will be keen to see him in SANFL team at the end of the year with a few more mature players in the team to carry some of the load and see what he can do.

Close. I’d say 5. Knight is no lock as not proven himself in his career yet and CEY is only playing because those 5 are out.

Best 22:

Brown Hartigan Doedee
Laird Talia Kelly/Cheney
Smith Gibbs Sloane
Jacobs Crouch Crouch
Lynch Walker Douglas
Betts Jenkins McGovern
Greenwood Seedsman Milera
Hampton/Knight/Atkins/Gibson/Galluci
My best 22 would be:

B: Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Smith, Hartigan, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Gibbs
HF: Lynch, Walker, Knight
F: Betts, Jenkins, McGovern
R: Jacobs, Sloane, Brouch
I: Milera, Greenwood, Douglas, Gallucci

So last week, missing 6 of our best 22... hopefully only 5 this week.

Glad jackson edwards ankle is only a 4 weeker and not a mcgovern 8 weeker. Will be keen to see him in SANFL team at the end of the year with a few more mature players in the team to carry some of the load and see what he can do.
I’m seeing a bit of a player developing. Loping wingman who can compete inside and has nice skills.

According to this article, AFL clubs averaged 4.9 hamstring injuries each last year, with 16.6 games missed:
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...y/news-story/a53524da4153f44cedb18db4791bce98

To put that into our current context, the article also states that we had 9 hamstring injuries within a 7 week period earlier this year. We've since added Betts, MacPherson, and Gibson (recurrence) to that total. That's at least 12 hamstring injuries already, and there are still 8 rounds + finals to go.

Adelaide's rate of hamstring injuries is a long, long, long way from the normal rate for AFL footballers.

My best 22 would be:

B: Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Smith, Hartigan, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Gibbs
HF: Lynch, Walker, Knight
F: Betts, Jenkins, McGovern
R: Jacobs, Sloane, Brouch
I: Milera, Greenwood, Douglas, Gallucci

So last week, missing 6 of our best 22... hopefully only 5 this week.

That's a good football side

That's highly unusual isn't it. Medicos or is it something else?
A lot of people have insinuated its the Interchange Cap. Then somebody points out its been in for 2 years they say ' oh its starting to catch up'

I just think , as we tried to do , its clubs and fitness guys pushing players just past that edge. In trying to gain an edge we fell over it.

Clubs fall short in a GF or Finals and suddenly the message goes out ' be better , faster stronger''

If only life were that simple
Well our head of fitness is the same guy that was at Brisbane a few years back when they had a stack of injuries.

He came here. Our injuries got worse. Brisbane's got better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not my patient hahah.

I'll keep you in the dark for all future Brad and Matt Crouch news though.
Thanks for letting us know, but presumably if he is still playing then whether we know or not is moot. If he was clear to play without a test then there is no reason to list him on the injury list.

I don’t think any AFL club discloses every niggle or minor injury that a player has? Port don’t list Ryder as injured on their injury list yet he has an ongoing Achilles injury, which presumably is assessed on a week to week basis.

Thanks for letting us know, but presumably if he is still playing then whether we know or not is moot. If he was clear to play without a test then there is no reason to list him on the injury list.

I don’t think any AFL club discloses every niggle or minor injury that a player has? Port don’t list Ryder as injured on their injury list yet he has an ongoing Achilles injury, which presumably is assessed on a week to week basis.

Would seem Port ferals and the media think the AFC should 100% disclose everything we do and every decision we make. Given the off field behavior of their players let's hope the same rule never applies to Port. It cold get ugly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back