Injury 2018 Awareness Thread - 01 Days without an injury

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of people have insinuated its the Interchange Cap. Then somebody points out its been in for 2 years they say ' oh its starting to catch up'

I just think , as we tried to do , its clubs and fitness guys pushing players just past that edge. In trying to gain an edge we fell over it.

Clubs fall short in a GF or Finals and suddenly the message goes out ' be better , faster stronger''

We started doing leg weights closer to game day (eg Thursday before a Saturday game) and it completed stuffed our hammies.

We broke a never-injured Gibson before he could play a single game for us and we now have the never-injured Betts and Matt Crouch suffering recurring hamstring injuries.

If I am Matt Hass I have 2 schedules for Brodie and both are based on the next 2 weeks

Beat Richmond and Geelong I am putting him in the SANFL for 2 games as soon as I get the all clear then push for senior selection. Lose and I have him playing SANFL for the rest of the year to build up confidence and resilience in the knee and another strong pre-season

#SackGreyCrow

giphy.gif

Look at the crows pride forum on Facebook and you see the average fan actually think he’s a good player because he’s played so many games.
One fan even said.. let me stop laughing..
Mackay has been our best player this year.

FFS this club is ******.

The standards set for Mackay are incredibly low.

I've come to the realisation that this forum is about setting "elite standards" all around the ground. If a player doesn't fit this mould, then they would forever be our "whipping boy".
In this forum, Mackay out for a month is probably going to be more celebrated than when he plays his actual 200th game!

A player who year in year out can't crack the best 22 in per game b&f voting playing 200 games is an embassment. It's not to be celebrated at all.

I think it's usually 9-12 months to return in a professional arena. The first 6 months is usually rest and rehab for anyone. Athletes would need further rehab for strengthening up to a professional standard.
Is it correct that there is a big difference in reoccurrence rate for less than and more than 12 months?

Is it correct that there is a big difference in reoccurrence rate for less than and more than 12 months?
I can't give you a precise answer to this, but I think 9-12 months is the standard period for most AFL footballers to return after an ACL injury/surgical repair. I think also there is a general increase in risk of a recurrence something around 1/5 chance of players after having 1 ACL repair, assuming they return to play footy again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player who year in year out can't crack the best 22 in per game b&f voting playing 200 games is an embassment. It's not to be celebrated at all.
I've always defended him somewhat as I believe he's an alright footballer stuck in a child's body. What is unforgivable is the amount of times he's trotted through the corridor only to produce a wtf kick resulting in a turn over. This should be his point of difference compared to others but unfortunately he's too inconsistent with his foot skills.

You seem like an alright bloke dmac with some big kahunas, but I wish that was your last game.

Injury list as of Monday, July 9
Daniel Talia (foot) – test
Eddie Betts (hamstring) – test
Cam Ellis-Yolmen (quad) – test
Paul Hunter (ankle) – test
Elliott Himmelberg (calf) - test
Mitch McGovern (ankle) – 1-2 weeks
Harry Dear (knee) – 2 weeks
Andy Otten (Achilles) – 2 weeks
Richard Douglas (ankle) – 2-3 weeks
David Mackay (ribs) – 3 weeks
Jackson Edwards (ankle) – 3 weeks
Brodie Smith (knee) – indefinite
Andrew McPherson (hamstring) – indefinite
Brad Crouch (groin) – indefinite
Reilly O’Brien (shoulder) - season

15 on the injury list again.

Hmm.. we have 44 players on our team list. That leaves 29 fit players to choose from. We need to select 22 players in the AFL team.. that leaves just 7 in the SANFL!

5 of the players on the injury list will potentially play (those listed as a test). So hopefully we'll have 12 in the SANFL and 10 on the injury list.

Talia - small crack in the "fib head" after a knock to the shin. "Will be given every chance to be available"
Smith - gets through this week's main training and he'll play at some level
McGoven - expected to be available
Otten - expected to play in SANFL
Douglas - still 1-2 weeks

Injury list as of Tuesday, July 17
Daniel Talia (shin) – test
Brodie Smith (knee) – test
Mitch McGovern (ankle) – test
Andy Otten (Achilles) – test
Curtly Hampton (illness) - test
Richard Douglas (ankle) – 1-2 weeks
Harry Dear (knee) – 1-2 weeks