Injury 2018 Awareness Thread - 01 Days without an injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if it's the right thread, but the Redbacks have had quite a few blokes pop hamstrings really recently. Apparently the machine that is causing them was used by AFC during pre-season. Heard it from a player today.

Not solid info, I know. Just found it interesting.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if it's the right thread, but the Redbacks have had quite a few blokes pop hamstrings really recently. Apparently the machine that is causing them was used by AFC during pre-season. Heard it from a player today.

Not solid info, I know. Just found it interesting.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Heard the same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've found it surprising they just keep listing him as indefinite rather than season though. Not ruling him out it seems to me.
The "indefinite" part I think applies until next year also. If it's listed as "season" it implies he's back at the start of next year, which might not actually be the case. We will truly know how successful his surgery went once he's starting to do the quick sprints and heavy leg work at the gym.

Yet that exact article says this

"While it is too early to put forward an exact recovery timeframe, it is unlikely Brad will play again this year.”

Unlikely isn't a ACL 12 months definite.

Anyways, this isn't really worth arguing over. We can agree to disagree. I'm just going to keep a eye out for a sneaky later appearance, if he doesn't get back, oh well.

Yet that exact article says this

"While it is too early to put forward an exact recovery timeframe, it is unlikely Brad will play again this year.”

Unlikely isn't a ACL 12 months definite.

Anyways, this isn't really worth arguing over. We can agree to disagree. I'm just going to keep a eye out for a sneaky later appearance, if he doesn't get back, oh well.
The surgery in Brad's case along with Brad's recurrent groin issues, makes the recovery time frame unpredictable. Though it would take at least 3 months for Brad to do any strenuous kind of activity/training, and then needing further months to strengthen his deconditioned leg muscles (from all the resting). In short, no chance in hell he's coming back this year!

The surgery in Brad's case along with Brad's recurrent groin issues, makes the recovery time frame unpredictable. Though it would take at least 3 months for Brad to do any strenuous kind of activity/training, and then needing further months to strengthen his deconditioned leg muscles (from all the resting). In short, no chance in hell he's coming back this year!
Get his injuries sorted. Hopefully he has better luck next year...!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back