Injury 2018 Awareness Thread - 01 Days without an injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee theres some panicky people in there. Vision from yesterday showed Rory in his normal casual shoes walking into the club.

If the injury was that bad dont you think the club would have him in a moonboot ?? I mean Daniel Talia was in one post game Saturday.

Hartigan out for 2-3 weeks with a knee issue
Sloane sounds fine
Murphy sounds fine
Doedee still suffering a few concussion symptoms
Smith continuing to build loads in the SANFL
Douglas won't play
Mackay won't play

Injury List as of Tuesday, July 24
Doedee (concussion) – Test
Murphy (concussion) – Test
Douglas (ankle) – 1 week
Mackay (ribs) – 1-2 weeks
Edwards (ankle) – 1-2 weeks
Hartigan (knee) – 2-3 weeks
Dear (knee) – 2-3 weeks
McPherson (hamstring) – indefinite
B. Crouch (groin) – Indefinite
O’Brien (shoulder) – season

Hartigan out for 2-3 weeks with a knee issue
Sloane sounds fine
Murphy sounds fine
Doedee still suffering a few concussion symptoms
Smith continuing to build loads in the SANFL
Douglas won't play
Mackay won't play

Injury List as of Tuesday, July 24
Doedee (concussion) – Test
Murphy (concussion) – Test
Douglas (ankle) – 1 week
Mackay (ribs) – 1-2 weeks
Edwards (ankle) – 1-2 weeks
Hartigan (knee) – 2-3 weeks
Dear (knee) – 2-3 weeks
McPherson (hamstring) – indefinite
B. Crouch (groin) – Indefinite
O’Brien (shoulder) – season
I'd love to know how Hartigan went from "knee soreness" to out for 3-4 weeks.

Isn't it great that we'll get Douglas AND Mackay back for the Showdown! Perfect timing!

:$:$:$
Struggling to see who comes out for Mackay.

Except for in the event of an injury to player x who plays a similar role we all know is going to happen.

Struggling to see who comes out for Mackay.

Except for in the event of an injury to player x who plays a similar role we all know is going to happen.
Apart from Kelly it is hard enough trying to work out someone to drop for Smithers.

Let alone Mackay

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Apart from Kelly it is hard enough trying to work out someone to drop for Smithers.

Let alone Mackay

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Compared to our team that faced Brisbane, only Walker, Smith and Douglas are best 22 players that will definitely come back into the team (with Brouch out for the rest of the year). Hartigan may come back in for Keath. Poholke, Gibson, Fogarty, Mackay and Otten will only get a game if someone gets injured.

For Walker, Smith and Douglas to come into the team, I'd say the following players are the most likely to drop out:
Kelly
Cheney
Murphy
Gallucci
Atkins

I can't see anyone else outside of those 5 being dropped (although there are always injuries).

My money would be on Kelly, Murphy and Gallucci being the 3 out of those 5 that drop out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloaney ... Tommy ... Murph ... Harto ...

Does Hass realise he's the GM of High Performance, and not the janitor.

Wish he'd use proper names when addressing the media. Be so much easier to feign confidence in him.

Compared to our team that faced Brisbane, only Walker, Smith and Douglas are best 22 players that will definitely come back into the team (with Brouch out for the rest of the year). Hartigan may come back in for Keath. Poholke, Gibson, Fogarty, Mackay and Otten will only get a game if someone gets injured.

For Walker, Smith and Douglas to come into the team, I'd say the following players are the most likely to drop out:
Kelly
Cheney
Murphy
Gallucci
Atkins

I can't see anyone else outside of those 5 being dropped (although there are always injuries).

My money would be on Kelly, Murphy and Gallucci being the 3 out of those 5 that drop out.

I wouldn't be too hasty in bringing Dougy back. Lose too much pressure and speed for Murphy or Gallucci. Can't play Atkins role. He is not better than Kelly or Cheney in that defensive role. We bring back Dougy at our peril at this point.

Agree on 2 of those 5 making way for Walker and Smith.

I wouldn't be too hasty in bringing Dougy back. Lose too much pressure and speed for Murphy or Gallucci. Can't play Atkins role. He is not better than Kelly or Cheney in that defensive role. We bring back Dougy at our peril at this point.

Agree on 2 of those 5 making way for Walker and Smith.
Unlike Gallucci or Murphy, Douglas can play midfield, forward, or off half-back if needed. The other 2 are forward line only.

I’m loving having both Gooch and Murphy applying forward line pressure. Watching Murphy live was seriously impressive - he is VERY quick when chasing an opponent. Most players only hit top speed when they have the ball or a goal is on offer.

It’d be a terrible decision to leave both of them out of our team.

Unlike Gallucci or Murphy, Douglas can play midfield, forward, or off half-back if needed. The other 2 are forward line only.

We have enough flexibility with Sloane, Gibbs and Greenwood. Dougy is still a very good player in his own right. But its purely and simply that as a team, overall, we need more pace and pressure. I don't think what Dougy gives us is worth giving up that speed and pressure. I think we could consider Dougy for Hugh, but my preference is Hugh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back