2018 Bathurst 1000 Oct 4-7

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want the win God damnit. No points, just the win!
If your a Ford fan, I wouldnt be reading too much into todays results. Everyone was just tip toeing around looking to keep the car straight. Even when they did go out it wasnt for many laps. In fact, Erebus didnt even bother turning a wheel in the first session. Just left the cars sitting in the garage.
There wasnt much to be gained as the forecast for Sat/Sund is dry so no one even bothered to try and trim the cars for the wet track.

If your a Ford fan, I wouldnt be reading too much into todays results. Everyone was just tip toeing around looking to keep the car straight. Even when they did go out it wasnt for many laps. In fact, Erebus didnt even bother turning a wheel in the first session. Just left the cars sitting in the garage.
There wasnt much to be gained as the forecast for Sat/Sund is dry so no one even bothered to try and trim the cars for the wet track.
I think the Fords will have decent one lap pace, they were blindingly fast last year.

Itll be the race pace we will struggle with.

There was nothing between the teams the previous 2 seasons , lower scoring suited the broncos without a doubt.
Admittedly it wasn't as hectic as their previous few games it was still a cracking tight game , easily to the standard their past games set.
Ok. Maybe this is one of those scenarios where it all makes sense in my head, but it doesn't look good when I blurt out the thought.

Yes, it was a memorable exciting contest. As a game of RL though, I was unimpressed. They had to be trying to win the game 1-0. When I saw that their tactics were working, it s**t me no end.

These utes are a joke...
Hehehe. Like I was saying in the other thread. It's funny how no one has anything good to say about this category.

Whats wrong with these pricks? 2 sessions in the wet and not even a scratch on a car.
Theres normally a couple cars getting rebuild late into a thursday night after the first day.
If this occurs during the race, I'm sure Tim Schenken will find a reason to deploy the safety car.

Ok. Maybe this is one of those scenarios where it all makes sense in my head, but it doesn't look good when I blurt out the thought.

Yes, it was a memorable exciting contest. As a game of RL though, I was unimpressed. They had to be trying to win the game 1-0. When I saw that their tactics were working, it s**t me no end.

I can understand that.
Wayne Bennett.

Frosty will be around the mark, Canto is a strong co driver

Yeah some drivers are always quick there.
J-Dub , SVG , Fabs , Lowndsey , GT and Frosty.

After making him a packet 12 months ago telling him to throw a few on Davey for the win , i messaged my punting-tragic mate the other day.

" NO MORE !! , too many variables " he says

Sure enough i get the message today " I like Mostert at $17 " :D
I said " You can't help yourself lol "
Goes " the race is too boring without it "

Then i told him to bet the farm on SVG.
Arguably should be a 3-time winner here already ( 14 , 16 , 17 )

No. I noted another fan saying the race was boring. Having said that, I recognise that even I don't have the capacity to continue to watch something processional like I did when I was a kid. Lucky I have BF to watch it with a bunch of random, anonymous people.

Macquarie Sports Radio dipstick, Tony Leonard, posed an unfair question on twitter during the show this morning. Would you rather 2 mintues of Winx or 7 hours of Bathurst. The poll went 80-20 2 minutes of Winx.

No s**t it was going to win. It's 2 minutes of horse racing (it can get boring pretty quickly though).

Yeah some drivers are always quick there.
J-Dub , SVG , Fabs , Lowndsey , GT and Frosty.

After making him a packet 12 months ago telling him to throw a few on Davey for the win , i messaged my punting-tragic mate the other day.

" NO MORE !! , too many variables " he says

Sure enough i get the message today " I like Mostert at $17 " :D
I said " You can't help yourself lol "
Goes " the race is too boring without it "

Then i told him to bet the farm on SVG.
Arguably should be a 3-time winner here already ( 14 , 16 , 17 )
I cleaned up with Reynolds last year also.
I would prefer to see some dry weather times before making any picks for this year.

I cleaned up with Reynolds last year also.
I would prefer to see some dry weather times before making any picks for this year.

Qualy is scheduled for 3.50 tomorrow arvo.
80% chance of rain

We probably won't see any dry times until the warm up saturday morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damage doesn't look awful.

Gee that GT3 car looks and sounds awesome.

So when are we getting a virtual safety car???
They were just saying that 8 of the last 12 races have been decided by less than a second. The biggest margin in the last 12 races has been lees than 4 seconds.
Thats just BS. I'm all for exciting racing, but thats not how enduro's work. At the moment its contrived and luck of the draw with safety cars. I want to see the best team and car over the course of the day get the job done. We have enough sprint racing.

Yet another wet session :(
Interesting that in dry conditions the Reynolds car goes straight to the top.
With not much time left to set up the car as it looks like Q will also be wet, your cars going to need to be quick out the box.

Qualy's gonna be a raffle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back