2018 Bathurst 1000 Oct 4-7

Remove this Banner Ad

Penske clearly won the Pitstop challenge. wtf haha BJR were just protesting because they felt like it. Roger Penske being nice enough gave 'em half after being awarded the win. #sheepstations

I reckon the best Bathurst 1000 race of all time would have to be the 2005 edition.

Consider the following:

1) Craig Lowndes driving with a smashed front window after a tyre hit the front of his car;

2) 'Balaclava-gate' where Greg Murphy had to cop a drive-through penalty because his co-driver nor Murphy was wearing a balaclava. A furious Murphy demanded the whole field be checked.

3) The infamous war of words between Murphy and Marcos Ambrose on lap 143 after a massive crash on top of Mount Panorama.

I reckon the best Bathurst 1000 race of all time would have to be the 2005 edition.

Consider the following:

1) Craig Lowndes driving with a smashed front window after a tyre hit the front of his car;

2) 'Balaclava-gate' where Greg Murphy had to cop a drive-through penalty because his co-driver nor Murphy was wearing a balaclava. A furious Murphy demanded the whole field be checked.

3) The infamous war of words between Murphy and Marcos Ambrose on lap 143 after a massive crash on top of Mount Panorama.
Ambrose was the one not wearing the balaklava, then Murphy crashed into him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they were only on the 3rd leg of a trip and were subdued on Saturday night? I don't understand why... ?

I think the consecutive huge weekends and travel while sharing tents with 20 other blokes and a diet of nothing but beer and sausages was getting to them.

Prodrive cars surprisingly fast this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back