2018 Bathurst 1000 Oct 4-7

" The Great Race "
It always means more if you win here ( Though sadly doesn't mean as much as it used to )

Conrod , Murrays , Cutting , dipper , Hell , Metal Grate
Words that instantly make the purists smile.

To the " once-a-year " viewers most of us regular viewers are of the opinion this will be a " Triple 8 Redbull Holden " benefit due mostly to the fact the Commodore is a brand new model this year at the start of it's development life whereas the Ford is at the end of it's racing life ( Ford are switching to Mustangs next season )

The drivers to watch are -

4 time Bathurst winner ( 3 as a co-driver to Craig Lowndes ) +7 time supercars champ Jamie Whincup ( Red Bull T8 HOLDEN )
1 time supercars champ Kiwi Shane van Gisbergen ( Red Bull T8 HOLDEN )
Last years bathurst winner David Reynolds ( Erebus Motorsport HOLDEN )

Ford Fans must pin their hopes on Kiwi Scott McLaughlin ( Dick Johnson Racing / Penske )

For Foxtel subscribers , channel 506 ( FS6 ) becomes the Bathurst channel from midnight Sunday.

7.30 Monday there is a " Bathurst Legends " doco focusing on Craig Lowndes and 7.30 Tuesday a doco on the 2014 Bathurst ( If you don't know or can't remember , DON'T GOOGLE , just record the doco and enjoy )

On track action starts on FS6 from 7.15am eastern Thursday.

For those viewing on 10/10HD

Friday 12pm Eastern
Saturday 11.30am
Sunday 7.30am

Race starts 11.10am Sunday

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Valentino Rossi, Melbourne Stars
To me, winning Bathurst means more than winning the title. I can remember the last ten Bathurst winners off the top of my head. Can't do that with the series champions.

One of my favourite weeks of the year for me. Bring it on

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's
As a Holden fan and race car lover who was lucky enough to pick himself up an 87 VL plus pack out of NZ of all places last year. Am not sure what I'll do when the race is about European and *Yank cars?

*Weren't they involved in the demise of GMH and now they'll shovel their s**t down our throats and we're expected to lap it up? I won't bother anymore unfortunately.

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
0a8b403ba488de5f72021d566960f450

Thursday, likely to be cleared by the race but should be interesting viewing during this time. That could cause multiple abandon races

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Anyone watch the Lowndsey doco tonight ?

Brilliant.

I watched it. Agreed, a brilliant doco on an absolute legend of the game.

Watching that, I always forget how huge it was when he jumped to Ford. You just didn't swap manufacturers back then. I remember Holden fans burning Lowndes shirts and so on, but to hear that the Gibson team were getting death threats is just incredible.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'd seen it before but it's always good viewing.

I'm always of the opinion that this race shouldn't be a part of the championship, it's just too important. That said, now that it's in and has been for a while they may as well leave it.

This weekend...... unfortunately I cant see anyone other than T8 winning. The Ford guys dont look to have the pace over more than a couple laps with all development going into the Mustang.

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

I'm always of the opinion that this race shouldn't be a part of the championship, it's just too important. That said, now that it's in and has been for a while they may as well leave it.

This weekend...... unfortunately I cant see anyone other than T8 winning. The Ford guys dont look to have the pace over more than a couple laps with all development going into the Mustang.

Gotta disagree with you there mate. ANYTHING can happen at Bathurst. I wouldn't rule out bloody Tim Blanchard winning at this point

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Gotta disagree with you there mate. ANYTHING can happen at Bathurst. I wouldn't rule out bloody Tim Blanchard winning at this point
100% but all things being equal no one gets close.

Weather is always fun mind you

Wasn't a repeat i didnt think.
The previous doco touched on the death threats but i don't recall the " year by year " stuff

That said i've smoked some pot in my time......

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Anyone know if you can still park along Barry Gurdon drive and catch the shuttle bus up to the top?
Havent been for over a decade and this is where we parked and viewed the race from and would like to do it again.

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Idk about the doco. But that race was like the 15 NRL GF. Horse s**t right up until just before the end.

Do you think?

I thought that race was great all day, there was always something happening. Last year's race was a total snooze until past half distance when McLaughlin's car decided to commit suicide.

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yeah im rewatching the 2014 race now and can confirm, it was great the whole way through.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Ford have released a tiny teaser of the Mustang. I suspect itll look like a GT4 car.

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wouldn't be overly surprised if they unveil it this weekend. It's supposed to have been ready for months.

Back