2018 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BFNL comp is ******. Eaglehak and Strathfieldsye to play off in 2 most likely 3 or 4 of the next grand finals. No other teams are even close.

I agree with you Bendigo Boy. In the 1970's Golden Square and Sandhurst played in 5 grand finals and one of them made every single grand final in that decade. I thought interest in Bendigo football started to slip then. This was the same decade that Rochester and Echuca left for the Goulburn Valley league and the Bendigo League was never the same again. It looks like a similar Eaglehawk v Strathfieldsaye domination is now on the cards. Hopefully the likes of Square, Sandhurst and Gisborne can prove us wrong.

However, of even greater concern to me is the country clubs (other than Gisborne).

Castlemaine is an absolute basket case. I know Kyneton made the finals again, but the wheels really came off. With their financial situation I wonder where they are heading. Maryborough did show some improvement but do have a long way to go. It really is time for the BFNL administration to come out and openly discuss the health of the league and what can be done to improve it. If they have some changes in mind lets hear about it.

I agree with you Bendigo Boy. In the 1970's Golden Square and Sandhurst played in 5 grand finals and one of them made every single grand final in that decade. I thought interest in Bendigo football started to slip then. This was the same decade that Rochester and Echuca left for the Goulburn Valley league and the Bendigo League was never the same again. It looks like a similar Eaglehawk v Strathfieldsaye domination is now on the cards. Hopefully the likes of Square, Sandhurst and Gisborne can prove us wrong.

However, of even greater concern to me is the country clubs (other than Gisborne).

Castlemaine is an absolute basket case. I know Kyneton made the finals again, but the wheels really came off. With their financial situation I wonder where they are heading. Maryborough did show some improvement but do have a long way to go. It really is time for the BFNL administration to come out and openly discuss the health of the league and what can be done to improve it. If they have some changes in mind lets hear about it.
Throw in the disaster of the Bendigo Pioneers as well....basket case ...I mean they even forgot the equipment trailer the other week. Changes need to take place there as well...and quick!

Nathan Horbury appointed new Senior Coach at South Bendigo - super player. Nearly joined them a few years ago when a Brady Childs was given the role but never came due to a protracted clearance dispute. Will be one of the competition's best players.

Stewart Crameri involved at Maryborough after returning to live in the town. Great get for the club who are really on the improve and very active in the recruiting market ATM. Coming from a long way back but in much better health than Castemaine and Kyneton who look like they may have lost a few due to money troubles.

Kangaroo Flat also very active and have opened the cheque book - been there many times using this approach with generally poor results - only time will tell.

Pat McKenna returning to Gisborne from Melbourne - great get for a club really progressing forward.

What is the reason why AFL CV are looking at another club on the eastern side of Bendigo - perhaps they should just focus on getting their own house in order as well as ironing out the problems in the league. The placement of a BFNL club in the northern part of the city would be a much better option IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back