2018 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t have thought that Massina would be a step in the right direction.... surely you’re taking the piss. I would imagine Rob Bennett would have been the better choice of two former North coaches.

I wouldn’t have thought that Massina would be a step in the right direction.... surely you’re taking the piss. I would imagine Rob Bennett would have been the better choice of two former North coaches.

Might have been a touch of sarcasm in my post...the bloke with whom I share a surname would be an excellent appointment in my opinion

The result was never going to be in doubt but tonight's game did have consequences for this year and next. Sharpy looks like he has a serious leg injury and most at Flat confirming that Rob Bennett is their next coach

Hearing Kyneton are in a bit of trouble financially? Big debt and haven’t paid players for 7 weeks??

When I watched Square power over the top of the Dragons in the opening round, I never imagined they would not make the finals this year. They were really impressive that night.

Has a team ever been in the top 5 all year (top 4 in the old days), then dropped out in the last home and home game for the season before?

I do have a vague idea something similar happened to Square in 2004 under Brian Walsh which was the last time they did not make the finals.

Hearing Kyneton are in a bit of trouble financially? Big debt and haven’t paid players for 7 weeks??
Have heard similar also, and it’s not a small amount either !
Let’s hope they havnt dug themselves into a hole again after all the hard work that was done to bring them back

Last edited:
Have heard similar also, and it’s not a small amount either !
Let’s hope they havnt dug themselves into a hole again after all the hard work that was done to bring them back

Hope this is not the case as it is refreshing to see teams like Kyneton & Gisborne in the finals. It adds real interest.

What about Castlemaine - they are so far down I don't know how they can come back. Maryborough and Kangaroo Flat did start to show something, but Castlemaine even dropped further behind these two strugglers.

This is an absolute disgrace. If they do not sack the president and coach at the end of the year then the BFNL need to step in. Incompentence should not be allowed in this league to that degree.

https://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.a...neton-tigers-fighting-financial-crisis/?cs=81

I think we both know the BFNL will do absolutely nothing BendigoBoy. That has been their way for a long time.

However really well done to the Kyneton players for their loyalty to the club.
To remain focused in these circumstances, beat Square last week and finish 3rd is a great effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can the people involved let it get out to that amount, Surely it didn't just happen overnight. At some stage the relevant people should have pulled back before it gets to this figure, It sure is a scary number and hard to recover from, jeez even a 1/4 of that amount would have had the majority asking a few questions on how things are going to pan out if its not rectified sooner rather than later. I just don't understand how it could be allowed to get to this staggering amount.

I think we both know the BFNL will do absolutely nothing BendigoBoy. That has been their way for a long time.

However really well done to the Kyneton players for their loyalty to the club.
To remain focused in these circumstances, beat Square last week and finish 3rd is a great effort

Hearing the outlay of money they were parting with on players when they came back into the comp, it’s not hard too see why they are in trouble.
Huge sign ons, massive per game amounts.
Gisborne were in a similar situation not that long ago with huge debt and have turned it right around in the space of 2 years, hopefully Kyneton can too

How weak and contradictive are the BFNL. When a new side like Strathfieldsaye came into the league they had to be able to field all football and netball sides in all grades or they wouldn’t be allowed to join. What a joke, we have had and still have sides without thirds, seniors and netball teams not competing. Something needs to change and fast. No good preaching rules to new sides coming in when they can’t control what they already have.

How weak and contradictive are the BFNL. When a new side like Strathfieldsaye came into the league they had to be able to field all football and netball sides in all grades or they wouldn’t be allowed to join. What a joke, we have had and still have sides without thirds, seniors and netball teams not competing. Something needs to change and fast. No good preaching rules to new sides coming in when they can’t control what they already have.

It was not unrealistic for Strath to field a full compliment though and I understand that as a start up a condition of entry should be to compete in all grades. The circumstances are very differsent those of the clubs who now struggle to field teams and are fighting to survive. Just my opinion though

It was not unrealistic for Strath to field a full compliment though and I understand that as a start up a condition of entry should be to compete in all grades. The circumstances are very differsent those of the clubs who now struggle to field teams and are fighting to survive. Just my opinion though
Fully agree Roota as can't compare Storm with Kyneton,Maryborough and Castlemaine
I would also be interested as it was common knowledge 3-4 years back that a handful of top clubs had outstanding debts to the league
I wonder if they ever got paid while they continue to spend
Might be time for a Royal Commission into the whole lot as things not right with BFNL on many levels and we all need and want it to prosper

Observation..New BFNL website but scores have 1 out of 3 games ( no U18 or Res scores ) disappointing

Kyneton managed 6 goals between two sides , perhaps they aren’t quite as united as they are making out
That’s a terrible effort for finals football

Observation..New BFNL website but scores have 1 out of 3 games ( no U18 or Res scores ) disappointing

I suppose we should be happy we got 1 score Bendigo Crow.

Do you know when I watched footy at the QEO in the 1960's (yes I go that far back) they actually also put up the scores from the other games at the end of each quarter. That was without modern technology. Now I suppose we should be grateful that the time keepers actually put up the score for those at the game. At Eaglehawk and Kangaroo Flat (based on previous comments on this forum) its bugger anyone else that wants to get a score. They are far too busy.

God I am getting a cranky old bastard in my old age. I wonder if we could get the guys from the 1960's back.

I suppose we should be happy we got 1 score Bendigo Crow.

Do you know when I watched footy at the QEO in the 1960's (yes I go that far back) they actually also put up the scores from the other games at the end of each quarter. That was without modern technology. Now I suppose we should be grateful that the time keepers actually put up the score for those at the game. At Eaglehawk and Kangaroo Flat (based on previous comments on this forum) its bugger anyone else that wants to get a score. They are far too busy.

God I am getting a cranky old bastard in my old age. I wonder if we could get the guys from the 1960's back.
Albury,
Maybe race results as well

Albury,
Maybe race results as well

Never seen them in Bendigo, but yes they were put up on the then VFL scoreboards in the same era. I remember seeing them up at the Western Oval when the Western Bulldogs were called Footscray. Guys like Tony Shaw and Dougie Hawkins (keen punters) admitted watching them during a game.

Never seen them in Bendigo, but yes they were put up on the then VFL scoreboards in the same era. I remember seeing them up at the Western Oval when the Western Bulldogs were called Footscray. Guys like Tony Shaw and Dougie Hawkins (keen punters) admitted watching them during a game.
I said it tongue in cheek but now I think about it, things like it need to change to help draw crowds back. Outside the square

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back