2018 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are peoples thoughts on kynetons season ?
For mine its another wasted season, yes they finished in 3rd spot but they saved their worst football for when it mattered most and were comprehensively smashed in both finals.
Add to the very poor performance in the finals the club is in absolute dire straights off field with a massive ammount of debt.

I’m an ex Kyneton boy and without knowing anything at all about the inner workings of the Club they must have spent up to chase success in a League where it is now nearly pointless competing against the Bendigo clubs. The plight of the country clubs must surely be filed in the “Dire” in tray. Kyneton massively in debt and the other two just jokes at present. You would put good money on all 3 leaving and no doubt while a few diehards would be devestated I’m sure the majority of supporters would like to see some success in whatever comp they play in. I hold grave fears my old Tigers - this could be the death knell ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m an ex Kyneton boy and without knowing anything at all about the inner workings of the Club they must have spent up to chase success in a League where it is now nearly pointless competing against the Bendigo clubs. The plight of the country clubs must surely be filed in the “Dire” in tray. Kyneton massively in debt and the other two just jokes at present. You would put good money on all 3 leaving and no doubt while a few diehards would be devestated I’m sure the majority of supporters would like to see some success in whatever comp they play in. I hold grave fears my old Tigers - this could be the death knell ...

If you believe the word out of the club their spending was more infrastructure related (lights, scoreboard etc) moreso than spending to win a flag but either way they are in the s**t big time now and it's clearly affected their players in the past 2 games

If you believe the word out of the club their spending was more infrastructure related (lights, scoreboard etc) moreso than spending to win a flag but either way they are in the s**t big time now and it's clearly affected their players in the past 2 games

That makes it even worse to some extent - capital expenditure that is unfunded. I can’t believe that if that is the case that the Council won’t come to the party - seems ridiculous to me that that is the cause of their massive debt ... doesn’t add up

Not really my place to release details of confidential discussions but I think its been discussed publicly before that the number of clubs in the region is an issue, junior structure is currently being reviewed

These 'confidential discussions' (about the future diection of the BFNL) that you referred to way back in May are certainly that Roota. Have they come to nothing? - can you share anything with us now?

Gents,

First post, not involved in BFNL, hammer me if I don’t make sense.

Too many chiefs not enough Indians. Not enough action, too much blah blah blah.

All clubs don’t have best interests of future of league at heart, too insular.

AFLCV over funded, under delivered.

Pioneers putrid and a negative for a long time, starting to get some players drafted?

BFNL supporters see it as best country comp but can never reach top 5 in rankings.

Bendigo should be an elite comp but everyone pulls in too many directions. Ballarat, Geelong, Gippsland, GV and OM miles ahead

Thoughts?

Gents,

First post, not involved in BFNL, hammer me if I don’t make sense.

Too many chiefs not enough Indians. Not enough action, too much blah blah blah.

All clubs don’t have best interests of future of league at heart, too insular.

AFLCV over funded, under delivered.

Pioneers putrid and a negative for a long time, starting to get some players drafted?

BFNL supporters see it as best country comp but can never reach top 5 in rankings.

Bendigo should be an elite comp but everyone pulls in too many directions. Ballarat, Geelong, Gippsland, GV and OM miles ahead

Thoughts?

Unfortunately your comments are not far off the mark. The BFNL was once a pacesetter but has now fallen away in many facets. A number of the clubs are very self focused and really dont have any real interest in the overall health of the competition and football in the region.

As for the Pioneers - dont start me! Sacked a really good coach in Ringo to have a "mate" in Coburn appointed and have gone even further backwards.... apparently Ringo was sacked because the team wasn't performing....The sooner those in key roles are gone the better....

The efforts of the competition are best summed up by their inability to use technology to promote and enhance the league and playing the preliminary final at 3.10pm tomorrow in order to accomodate an under 16 grand final at 9am which really should be played with the other Bendigo JFL fixtures on Sunday at Strathfieldsaye.

Changes are certainly needed.

Unfortunately your comments are not far off the mark. The BFNL was once a pacesetter but has now fallen away in many facets. A number of the clubs are very self focused and really dont have any real interest in the overall health of the competition and football in the region.

As for the Pioneers - dont start me! Sacked a really good coach in Ringo to have a "mate" in Coburn appointed and have gone even further backwards.... apparently Ringo was sacked because the team wasn't performing....The sooner those in key roles are gone the better....

The efforts of the competition are best summed up by their inability to use technology to promote and enhance the league and playing the preliminary final at 3.10pm tomorrow in order to accomodate an under 16 grand final at 9am which really should be played with the other Bendigo JFL fixtures on Sunday at Strathfieldsaye.

Changes are certainly needed.

Coburn had his ducks in a line from a long way out, lined up his soldiers for three years building his CV from running the Academy system, built his support from underneath him whilst giving none himself to support those above him. Coburn as such has nobody now willing to hold him to account as most if all of the next inline people owe him for the positions they now hold within the Bendigo football community or the spots on the current Pioneers and Vline squads that their sons have been gifted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The LEITCHVILLE GUNBOWER FNC is looking for a new Senior Coach for 2019 - The Bombers are current reigning Premiers in the Heathcote Football League (Back to Back ) and are looking for a Senior Coach who can drive the club to further success in 2019 which also coincides with the 100th Year of the Leitchville Football Clubs formation. As a result player retention will be high and the club has also had outstanding junior success with our U17 side achieving their third Premiership in a row in the HDFL . For further enquiry please contact 0427567055

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back