Team Mgmt. 2018 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

McNeice never went out though so how does he come in :p I think Baguley makes the most sense although I’d rather Redman or Ridley if they where ready
Well thats true.
Id rather any of the 3 youngsters over using Brown or Baguley who is on a decline at this point in my opinion.

B: Baguley Hartley Ambrose
HB: McKenna Hurley Saad
W: Zaharakis Heppell McGrath
HF: Stringer Daniher Smith
F: Green Hooker Stewart
R: Belly Merret Myers
Int: Parish Langford Goddard Tippa

Goddard will probably play more defence now as well. Dea or Brown depending on match ups. I think Ambrose and Hurley are first pick for the KPDs now.

Francis if he was up for it should grab it with both hands.
What the? Is he back in training?

B: Baguley Hartley Ambrose
W: Zaharakis Heppell McGrath
HF: Stringer Daniher Smith
F: Green Hooker Stewart
R: Belly Merret Myers
Int: Parish Langford Goddard Tippa
I'm looking at it and trying to figure out who you're missing but the only one that might be a chance for round 1 would be Begley maybe ahead of Green.

blergh.
My pre-preseason version of this looked much better

for Rd.1 v Crows
Dea Hartley Ambrose..... or McNiece Ambrose/Hartley McGrath*
McKenna Hurley Saad
Parish Myers Smith
Langford Daniher Tippa
Stringer Hooker Stewart
TBC Heppell Merrett
Begley Zaka Goddard McGrath*

*If we stick McGrath in defence to bunny up Betts, i'd bring Redman in as a versatile HBF/Wing/FP option

Quietly impressed with Myers as our big inside mid, supported by Merrett, Hepp, Zaka and Goddard, plus Smith, Parish and McGrath applying tackling pressure

That full back line is nowhere near our best. The lack of Ridley, Francis & Gleeson is disappointing for players, club and fans alike. Had the footy gods spared them to date, i reckon they'd be forming part of a strong backline unit. Loss of Carlisle & Hibberd is pinching now.
Brightside, that team can attack at least. from HBF forward, we are dangerous. Will need efficient ball use to create pressure on opposition. Turnovers will kill us.

I'm looking at it and trying to figure out who you're missing but the only one that might be a chance for round 1 would be Begley maybe ahead of Green.
Yeah, I like Green, but Begley could do the same and be more menacing.

blergh.
My pre-preseason version of this looked much better

for Rd.1 v Crows
Dea Hartley Ambrose..... or McNiece Ambrose/Hartley McGrath*
McKenna Hurley Saad
Parish Myers Smith
Langford Daniher Tippa
Stringer Hooker Stewart
TBC Heppell Merrett
Begley Zaka Goddard McGrath*

*If we stick McGrath in defence to bunny up Betts, i'd bring Redman in as a versatile HBF/Wing/FP option

Quietly impressed with Myers as our big inside mid, supported by Merrett, Hepp, Zaka and Goddard, plus Smith, Parish and McGrath applying tackling pressure

That full back line is nowhere near our best. The lack of Ridley, Francis & Gleeson is disappointing for players, club and fans alike. Had the footy gods spared them to date, i reckon they'd be forming part of a strong backline unit. Loss of Carlisle & Hibberd is pinching now.
Brightside, that team can attack at least. from HBF forward, we are dangerous. Will need efficient ball use to create pressure on opposition. Turnovers will kill us.

So who else has McNiece ahead of Baguley? I think it might be time.

Also - round 1 - hard to think McGrath won't get Bunny Betts. Goddard could start on a wing.

So who else has McNiece ahead of Baguley? I think it might be time.

Also - round 1 - hard to think McGrath won't get Bunny Betts. Goddard could start on a wing.

It seems fair to conclude that JLT 2 indicates that McNiece is the front runner for that spot.

Brown will come in for Gleeson, he seemed to be at the forefront of Worsfold's mind in the post match presser.

Ridley and Francis are both unlucky to be unavailable. This would have been a great opportunity for Ridley in particular who is a very similar defender to Gleeson albeit with more natural ability and size, etc.

The interesting thing will be how we fit three small defenders/half backs into the side. It's been hard to fit the extra small defender into a 22 with Goddard basically already playing as the seventh defender.

It would be nice to have another utility who can play in the middle and defence. Redman and Long are the players I'd be looking to. I'd prefer that we've got the option of using a mid in defence as it looks like McGrath will be too busy in the middle.

By the end of the preseason most of my 'planning' is out the window. We'll almost certainly play Green and McNeice looks like he'll play. We're going small all over.

I did like that Stewart was rucking in JLT 2. It should be Hooker but he doesn't have the tank. The main thing is that it's not Daniher. Throwing him in when it suits us is different to having to plan rotations for each quarter around having Daniher relieve the number 1 ruck.

Last edited:
I did like that Stewart was rucking in JLT 2. It should be Hooker but he doesn't have the tank. The main thing is that it's not Daniher. Throwing him in when it suits us is different to having to plan rotations for each quarter around having Daniher relieve the number 1 ruck.

Daniher has done some nice things in the ruck from what I remember.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Ambrose Hartley McGrath
W: Zaharakis Heppell Smith
HF: Stringer Daniher Tippa
F: Begley Hooker Stewart
R: Bellchambers Merret Myers
Int: Parish Langford Goddard McNiece

McNiece and McGrath to take Betts. I think he will be too quick for Bagulay.
Begley over J. Merret and Green.
I also considered dropping a mid into the deep end - just to get a couple games to kick-start development.

David King has tipped us for the flag.

If all fit and available right now I'd have our best 22 as;-

Hooker Hurley McNeice
Gleeson Goddard Saad
Parish Myers McGrath
Stringer Stewart Smith
Tippa Daniher Fantasia

Bellcho Heppell Z.Merrett

Bench from: Zakka McKenna Ambrose Green

B: Ambrose Hartley McGrath
W: Zaharakis Heppell Smith
HF: Stringer Daniher Tippa
F: Begley Hooker Stewart
R: Bellchambers Merret Myers
Int: Parish Langford Goddard McNiece

McNiece and McGrath to take Betts. I think he will be too quick for Bagulay.
Begley over J. Merret and Green.
I also considered dropping a mid into the deep end - just to get a couple games to kick-start development.
I think this is pretty spot on for Rd.1
Langford's lack of JLT is a worry, but its not like he's a kid anymore. Been around for enough years to not need to play those games.

I cant think of who would take the final spot from him.
Unless its another defender and there is no plan to play McGrath in defence. At which point Dea or Baguley could be feasible.

Like McNiece playing. Has barely put a foot wrong in the games ive seen him in. Looks a solid defender who brings some pressure on the ball carrier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back