Prediction 2018 Best XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

So, with 2017 in tatters & the rest of the season unofficially in official tank mode, I cant help but already look forward to next year. And with that, here is my first crack at 2018's best XXII. And of course it doesn't look half bad!

FB: EVW Durdin Marley
HB: Atley Tarrant Wright
C: Clarke Cunnington Kelly
HF: Higgins Wood Simpkin
FF: Kanye Brown Daw
R: Preuss Ziebell McDonald
I: JMac Dumont Garner #2DraftPick

E: Mountford Hrovat Jacobs

Stiff: Waite, McKay, Mullet, J Williams

Trade: Goldstein, Hansen, Gibson, LT (Goldy, 2nd round draft pick + some steak knives for Kelly)

Retire: S Thompson, Swallow.

surely joking about goldy being worth anything? There are 11 ruckman well ahead of him, the 7 others are about par with him - even vardy looks like he'll pass him now. it would be optimistic to think he's worth a 3rd or 4th rounder if he keeps his current form.

Mountford has pasted clarke, and with our midfield we'd need at least one of mountford or jacobs to tag.

Hrovat should be where #2draftpick is, there is no way we'll get kelly without giving up our #2 pick, plus hrovat has the ability to rotate through the middle.

One last minor change is williams where atley is, people need to accept atley hasn't, and never will be like JJ - williams has a much better ability at giving us run and carry from HBF - he also has better disposal (that's saying something) and decision making than atley.

Mountford has pasted clarke, and with our midfield we'd need at least one of mountford or jacobs to tag.
Nah. Clarke has more knack of getting where the ball is, probably better endurance, and shown some impressive touch around goal. Mountford has more explosiveness, probably a better contested game. I'd have Clarke ahead of him now, though it could be a different story at the 50-game mark.

Nah. Clarke has more knack of getting where the ball is, probably better endurance, and shown some impressive touch around goal. Mountford has more explosiveness, probably a better contested game. I'd have Clarke ahead of him now, though it could be a different story at the 50-game mark.
Mountford has been tagging and still getting more of the pill than Clarke. He also scored better than Clarke in the endurance tests.

From last year's form I thought the same, but Clarke no where near it this year.

On GT-N7105T using BigFooty.com mobile app

Backline - Ed Vickers Robbie Tazmaster Marley Williams

Half backs - Sammy Wright Sammy Durdin Sammy Ziebell (playing as a loose)

Centres - Luke BFNAAK McDonald Josh BFNAAK Kelly Mitchell BFNAAK Hibberd

Half forward - Tay Tay Garner Ben Ben Brown Jy Jy Simpkin

Forwards - Mason Wood Jarrad Waite Nathan Hrovat

Rucks - The Minotaur Preuess Ben10 Cunningtons Ryan "Zac" Clarke

Inter: JMac, Kayne Turner, Shaun Higginses, Trenton Dumont

Jeez I'll never understand people writing off Majak every time he plays a bad game. His last 4 games are a 4 goal final, an extremely competitive game battling through injury and showing significant improvement, 2 months of injuries, a promising return where he smashed packs, set up teammtes and kicked 2.1 including a clutch set shot from the boundary with the game on the line, and was a big part of us almost getting across the line, then a shocker where he still managed 1.1 and looked dangerous in the ruck. He's inconsistent, as any key position player with 25 games of AF: footy would be, but I'm still firmly convinced he will make it and can't wait to see the Preuss/Daw ruck/FF combination next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back