Media 2018 BFFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

4/5 guys over 30 & one late 20's
for
2x20yo's, 1x26yo & 3 early picks in what was a very good draft

Don't see anything wrong with that for a rebuilding club. The guy came on-board and was given the 2nd bottom team - I would have done the same, in fact I did do the same in my other keeper league.

4/5 guys over 30 & one late 20's
for
2x20yo's, 1x26yo & 3 early picks in what was a very good draft

Don't see anything wrong with that for a rebuilding club. The guy came on-board and was given the 2nd bottom team - I would have done the same, in fact I did do the same in my other keeper league.

I understand blowing up the entire team and rebuilding, I did the same thing. I just question that returns he got for those players..

Matheson is a solid enough prospect, I wouldn't say a top end sort of talent. Davis was OK last year but at 26 I wouldn't be expecting too much improvement and Papley is a high pressure small forward with limited upside.

I understand people have different views and if the rest of the league believes the trades are even enough then no worries.

I understand blowing up the entire team and rebuilding, I did the same thing. I just question that returns he got for those players..

Matheson is a solid enough prospect, I wouldn't say a top end sort of talent. Davis was OK last year but at 26 I wouldn't be expecting too much improvement and Papley is a high pressure small forward with limited upside.

I understand people have different views and if the rest of the league believes the trades are even enough then no worries.

Apologies, Butler, I didn't think I needed to justify my trading strategy to the rest of the league.

I've inherited a team that finished second-bottom last season so I am actively trading to secure top picks and young kids for the next few years. Some trades might come off others might not.

You've got to risk it for the biscuit! ;)

Apologies, Butler, I didn't think I needed to justify my trading strategy to the rest of the league.

I've inherited a team that finished second-bottom last season so I am actively trading to secure top picks and young kids for the next few years. Some trades might come off others might not.

You've got to risk it for the biscuit! ;)

Apologies if it came across as a personal attack, not intended that way.

As I said, I did the same thing (have a read of the 2014/2015 BFFL Official Trades thread if you don't believe me). I'm not saying you have to justify your trading strategy. Blowing that team up for a rebuild is a good move imo, it's the returns you got for those players that I questioned. I think you could have got higher picks or more talented youngsters. The trades look very one sided going off past trades that's all. I know that's just my opinion so if the rest of the league is happy with it then all good, I'm just discussing it.

Anyways, as always I'm after youth and/or draft picks and I'm open to trade chat. Anyone is up for grabs at the right price but most of my higher quality players are youth so more looking at smaller type trades. The following players are on the block:

E.Curnow
J.Carlisle
Myers
Whitecross
White
Kerridge
L.Hanson

Also I'm open to discussions if anyone is interesting in packaging up a couple of kids/picks for my first round pick this year which is pick 3.

Apologies if it came across as a personal attack, not intended that way.

As I said, I did the same thing (have a read of the 2014/2015 BFFL Official Trades thread if you don't believe me). I'm not saying you have to justify your trading strategy. Blowing that team up for a rebuild is a good move imo, it's the returns you got for those players that I questioned. I think you could have got higher picks or more talented youngsters. The trades look very one sided going off past trades that's all. I know that's just my opinion so if the rest of the league is happy with it then all good, I'm just discussing it.

People actually have to justify trades. We cant have coaches pulling off one sides trades then leaving etc or gifting sides a flag. There is a veto process and i also agree he could have and should have gotten more for what he gave up.

People actually have to justify trades. We cant have coaches pulling off one sides trades then leaving etc or gifting sides a flag. There is a veto process and i also agree he could have and should have gotten more for what he gave up.

Appreciate the concenrn lads but I'm pretty happy with my trades and I am hoping to be part of the league for a while to come hence the trades for picks and youth.

Appreciate the concenrn lads but I'm pretty happy with my trades and I am hoping to be part of the league for a while to come hence the trades for picks and youth.

I know but theres two sides of the concern.

Theres the not getting enough value side for a weak team, then the stronger team getting too much of a bargain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Done, sorry for the wait.

Anyways looking to trade for a top ruckman, I think I only won hitouts maybe once or twice in the entire season last year.

Pretty open to trading most players, Viney/Shiel/Hogan/Parish are probably the only 4 I wouldn't move on at this stage.

I have a few questions...

When is the deadline for selecting keepers?
When is the draft?

I think I remember the draft being sometime within the next 3 weeks. I'm away for work and might not be ale to take place in a live draft so I'll need to set a long preference list to cover it but the draft rankings still has all of the players. Will there be much time between that list being updated and the draft taking place?

I have the following up for grabs:

Ballantyne, Redpath, Goldsack, Thompson and potentially Boak for the right price. I also have picks 30 and 33 on the table. I'm in need of a ruckman and some good young players.

What im going to do is set a draft deadline for midnigt sunday. I have an rdo on monday so hopefully can load the squads and start sometime next week. Ill aim for wed. If im having trouble ill push it back. So wed 9am?

I have a few questions...

When is the deadline for selecting keepers?
When is the draft?

I think I remember the draft being sometime within the next 3 weeks. I'm away for work and might not be ale to take place in a live draft so I'll need to set a long preference list to cover it but the draft rankings still has all of the players. Will there be much time between that list being updated and the draft taking place?
Will be doing a slow online draft with 12 hours a pick for now

Also lads, I have changed my team name to Carlton Rangers

With the Off-Season trading period over I thought I submit my updated outfit going into Draft.

RETIRE / DELIST
Bartel / Crowley / Dempsey / Harvey / Pavlich / Grimley / Tutt / Cameron / Kommer / Marcon

TRADING
IN: Gibbs / Hodge / Burgoyne / Jong / Byrne / Dunn / Boak / Pick 30
OUT: Matheison / R.Davis / Gleeson / Daw / Pick 9 / Pick 37 / Pick 51

PICKS REQ
23 / 30 / 65 / 79 / 93 / 107 / 121

BEST 19 (+5)
B - Hodge / Touhy / Burgoyne / Gibson / Hibberd (Suckling)
C - Gibbs / R.Gray / M.Murphy / Scully / Boak / Barlow (D.Pearce)
R - Grundy (Griffin)
F - Greene / Motlop / Jenkins / Jong / Palmer (Laverde)
UT - M.Robinson / D.Robinson (Armfield)

DEPTH

B - Byrne / Webster / Dunn / Jonas / A.Kennedy / K.Collins / Brooksby
C - Rischitelli / Sexton / Suban / Pick 23 / Pick 30 / Pick 65
R - O'Brian / Currie / Pick 79
F - Amon / Pick 93 / Pick 107 / Pick 121 / Pick 135

Well and truly covered the big losses of Boomer Harvey and Bartel along with adding more quality to best 19.

In that spirit, here is my best team now

B: Sam Docherty, Rory Laird, Jake Lloyd, Cale Hooker, Jamie MacMillan
C: Gary Ablett Jnr, Luke Parker, Dyson Heppell, Dan Hannebery, Rory Sloane, Steele Sidebottom
R: Stefan Martin
F: Nick Riewoldt, Michael Walters, Luke Breust, Patrick Ryder, Levi Greenwood
UT: Aaron Hall, Ollie Wines

Martin, Ablett and Riewoldt are 30+
Hooker, Ryder and Greenwood are 28
All others are 22-26

Bench
Jasper Pittard, Shane Biggs, Ben Reid
Jack Newnes, Lachie Whitfield, Zak Jones
Nic Naitanui, Scott Lycett, Archie Smith
Jeremy Cameron, Harley Bennell, Sam Reid

Remove this Banner Ad