MVP 2018 BigFooty Blues Awards Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay fellow Bluebaggers, we need your nominations.

No, not for Poster of the Year or Rookie of the Year. They are reserved for the mod team so we can fill our quota of clique accusations, and of course demonstrate our inability to recognise opinions we don't agree with.

Give us your nominations for:

Funniest Poster of the Year:

Funniest Post of the Year:

Most Positive Poster of the Year:

The Salmon Award for most consistent upstream swimmer of the Year.

Best Rant of the Year:

The Windhover award for Wordiest Poster of the Year:

Best Poster Duel of the Year:

Best After Midnight Poster of the Year:

The Blue Room MVP:

AFLW MVP:

Best Draft Guru:

Best Track Watcher:

Any other awards you want to suggest?

Funniest Poster of the Year: thylacine60, Jabba73 (Carlton has shown me co-captains are ok)

Funniest Post of the Year: The bye preview......No, you!

Most Positive Poster of the Year: You mean the annual Soapy V glass is four and a half times full award?

The Salmon Award for most consistent upstream swimmer of the Year: Blue_Fusion. Will. Not. Back. Down.....Ever.

Best Rants of the Year: Gethelred. He has a special bonnet that attracts bees. But he rants in such a reasoned manner that you are nodding your head even though you fear he has lost the plot. He always manages to step back of the ledge shortly after.

The Windhover award for Wordiest Poster of the Year: Jimmae (but only if I include character counts from the posts he is quoting within his comments)

Best Poster Duel of the Year: Arr0w vs Blue_Fusion. Like Rumble in the Jungle meets Thriller in Manila meets my 4yo and her best friend refusing to share toys.

Best After Midnight Poster of the Year: Stig O'Hara....the daylight.....then Stig O'Hara's deleted posts....then other poster's 'huh' reactions to Stig....then everyone else.

The Blue Room MVP: Robbo's my hero. I live my travel dreams vicariously through Robbo's posts. Plus his mountain of work on music, cricket, soccer etc

AFLW MVP: BlueGum, Jimmae. They just keep things ticking over

Best Draft Guru: The Smoking Gun. The frame-by-frame pics by 'yours truly' and blow-by-blow description of plays makes me feel like I was standing right next to the contest. Honourable mentions TerryWallet, Arr0w, LemmingMaster

Best Track Watcher: Macca43. Don't think he's as active as he used to be but I feel HARKER deserves a lifetime achievement award

Last edited:
Funniest Poster of the Year: Ferris B for me. Always makes me laugh & Thy's sarcasm can make me smile. I am sick though

Funniest Post of the Year: All the negative nellies after a loss

Most Positive Poster of the Year: I really like Rob R, Neese, Eskie & Dadda Dave

The Salmon Award for most consistent upstream swimmer of the Year. Thylacine

Best Rant of the Year: No doubt someone I have blocked

The Windhover award for Wordiest Poster of the Year: Jimmae. I still struggle to understand half his stuff but it's good

Best Poster Duel of the Year: Arrow against anyone NON Carlton. Great stuff

Best Draft Guru: TSG, Arrow, Harks or Jimmae

Last edited:
this is the award I got from the mods for xmas

subcontractor-infraction.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, 11.01 for me, and he is in SA so different again.....you Vics need to expand your thinking a little.........

Vics.....half an hour and 25 years ahead of you crow eaters :p

EDIT: I'm an idiot. You mentioned 1 hour behind, not 30 mins. Note to self, don't think about time zones early in the morning.

Last edited:
Vics.....one hour and 25 years ahead of you crow eaters :p
Except I am not a Croweater. At the risk of leaving myself open for some comeback, I am a Tasmanian first, who has lived in
Queensland for 37 of the last 39 years, except for two short stints in NSW (hence Coonabarabran).

As for the 25 years.....life was so much better "then", 25 years closer to oblivion.

Except I am not a Croweater. At the risk of leaving myself open for some comeback, I am a Tasmanian first, who has lived in
Queensland for 37 of the last 39 years, except for two short stints in NSW (hence Coonabarabran).

As for the 25 years.....life was so much better "then", 25 years closer to oblivion.

Spectacular views from Coonabarabran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back