Fantasy 2018 BigFooty NFL mock draft - sign up and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Things I didn't do, just to appease you bitches...

1. Post-work s**t- Seriously campaigners, if I'm bunged up tomorrow, it's all your fault.
2. Shave my face- Not only am I going to act unprofessional at work tomorrow, now I'm going to look it too. ****yas.
3. Shave my head- Pretty much making my chances of picking up at work, zero. Thanks kuntz.
4. Shave my nuts- 'nuff said
5. Shower- now I have to wake up earlier than I want. I'll be even more tired and grumpy tomorrow. Hope you don't want pick 4 anytime soon!
5. Do the dishes- Have left a note for the gf. Looking forward to the fight tomorrow night. :thumbsu:
6. Change cat litter- Man, it stinks, I hate you all even more now.

Thanks for nuthin, kuntz.

Dear Fuey/Albert Einstein

Did you consider posting a pic of player you wanted to draft and filling in details at a more convenient time for you?

:hearts:

A11dat, Blacky, aussiedude

Dear Fuey/Albert Einstein

Did you consider posting a pic of player you wanted to draft and filling in details at a more convenient time for you?

:hearts:

A11dat, Blacky, aussiedude

Can't do that with the first pick, gotta set the tone with a quality write-up!

Can't do that with the first pick, gotta set the tone with a quality write-up!

lol, i said it last week ill say it a again, you're a ******* weirdo mate :D:hearts:

Just about to make my pick shortly. In the meantime while studying up on the draft i found this bit of information:

Penn State RB Saquon Barkley at 2018 Combine: - Stronger than Joe Thomas - Quicker than DeSean Jackson - Faster than Devin Hester - Jumps higher than Julio Jones

DXTvbFQUQAEWzn8.jpg

You couldn't go pass that for the number 1 pick.....anyways onto the Giants and their number 2 pick......

In the event that Barkley goes #1 (I consider this unlikely due to the Carlos Hyde signing) and Darnold #2 (as per our draft) then I would expect the Bills to trade up to #3 and take either Rosen or Mayfield because it would be pretty obvious that the Browns will take a QB at #4.

My take on the draft is that the Browns will take a QB at #1 and then trade out of #4 (to the Bills) and hope McGlinchey falls to #8

In the event that Barkley goes #1 (I consider this unlikely due to the Carlos Hyde signing) and Darnold #2 (as per our draft) then I would expect the Bills to trade up to #3 and take either Rosen or Mayfield because it would be pretty obvious that the Browns will take a QB at #4.

My take on the draft is that the Browns will take a QB at #1 and then trade out of #4 (to the Bills) and hope McGlinchey falls to #8
This kills the Bronco

This kills the Bronco
I sure does. The top of the draft is going to be crazy on draft day with a bunch of teams with QB needs, and, as always, a shortage of quality prosects.

The Browns have position and therefore control their own destiny but after that the battle for the remaining QBs will start. The Giants have a QB need, but not an urgent one and they could trade down, as could the Colts. As previously mentioned Cleveland could have #4 up for trade as well, assuming they take a QB at #1. The Bills have enough ammunition with picks 12 and 22 to trade up to #4, but a move higher would cost more (probably another 1st rounder (2019) and they could always be outbid by another team.

Here's how I see the various teams needs:

Teams definitely drafting a QB in Round 1:
Browns – Tyrod Taylor (1 year), Kessler (2 years), (Pick 1, 4, 33, 35, 64)
Jets – McCown (1 year), Bridgewater (1 year), (Picks 6, 37, 49, 72)
Bills – A.J. McCarron (2 years), Peterman (3 years), (Picks 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, 96)

Teams likely to draft a QB in Rounds 1 or 2:
Cardinals – Bradford (2 years), Glennon (Picks 15, 47, 79)
Giants – Manning (2 years), (Picks 2, 34, 66)
Broncos – Keenum (2 years), Lynch (Picks 5, 40, 71)

Teams that could draft a QB in Rounds 1 or 2:
Dolphins – Tannehill (2 years), (Picks 11, 42, 73)
Saints – Drew Brees (2 years), (Picks 27, 91)

I've included the draft picks that each team has, as that shows how much draft capital each team has. Teams could always chuck in 2019 draft picks but it shows that teams like the Cardinals, Dolphins and Saints have very little to offer and therefore the battle for the top 4 QBs (Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, and Allen) looks like it will come down to the Browns, Jets, Bills, Giants and Broncos. Although I say top 4 QBs it looks like the market for Allen seems to have cooled considerably. The consolation prize could always be Lamar Jackson, so all is not lost for the team that misses out.

There's always the question of where Barkley/Chubb/Nelson/Edmunds get taken as well and therefore it's not a given that the top of the draft is dominated by QB selections (although I suspect it will).

Taking McGlinchey at 8 seems like a disaster waiting to happen, especially if he is being picked to be a LT
actually that's my error, the Bills have pick 12 not pick 8 so the Browns would fall to 12....

actually that's my error, the Bills have pick 12 not pick 8 so the Browns would fall to 12....
Not sure pick 12 is much better.

McGlinchey's issues where he massively whiffs out of the blue a couple of times every game is arguably harder to plan/scheme to protect than a lesser LT who you know needs help. I'm just not a fan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, i said it last week ill say it a again, you're a ******* weirdo mate :D:hearts:

And I'll confirm that you don't know the half of it!!

This is genuine, a-grade, IKK-F-uey, this is me, this is no act. Eccentricity at its finest.

And I'll never change :thumbsu:

C'mon man! Hyde has one full season in the books, and it took him about 3 weeks to be dinged and on the injury report. And this full season consisted of only 240 carries, because they knew how frail he is and more would ruin him... 15 per game is nowhere near enough to be featured back, and necessary or not, the signing does little to change their strategy, IMO. They still need a guy to take another 10-20 carries.

Hyde's a talented back for sure, but if they draft Barkley, he's no longer the most talented back on the roster.

I don't think the Broncos are going to take a QB at #5 since getting Keenum
I tend to agree, signing Keenum gives them more time to develop Lynch and gives the Broncs a chance to sign BPA.

I tend to agree, signing Keenum gives them more time to develop Lynch and gives the Broncs a chance to sign BPA.

Lynch is the Broncos version of Hackenberg, he shouldn't see the field.

I haven't seen him play a snap at NFL level yet but I reckon they have more chance of developing Kelly into something than they do Lynch.

Is it unrealistic for me to expect at least 4 picks today since its the weekend?

People picking in the top 10 should have a reasonable idea of who they want already.
Yeah strange, especially given no real surprises so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back