Player Sponsorship 2018 Bigfooty Sponsors of Jake Lever and Katherine Smith

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Which reminds me.... Proper Gander are we missing some badges now? Like 2017 and 2018 badges?
Yeah it’s the rollover thing to the new format. It’s stuffed up everyone’s badges. I think all these dramas are being worked through but I’ll try to find out how this fix is progressing.

Yeah it’s the rollover thing to the new format. It’s stuffed up everyone’s badges. I think all these dramas are being worked through but I’ll try to find out how this fix is progressing.
Thanks - we've got all our badges back.

Now can we lock in our 2019 sponsorship of Kat Smith please?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Thanks - we've got all our badges back.

Now can we lock in our 2019 sponsorship of Kat Smith please?
I’m afraid I honestly don’t think we can. I’m unable to organise it for 2019 and am retiring shortly. And handing over the process has been problematic because with a small board, getting to the total required to sponsor two players (or indeed even one) has been a bit of a reach. Some of our former sponsors who made substantial contributions in the past are no longer users. The whole thing becomes a bit problematic, or did last year, when we commit to a sponsorship but are later short in raising the funds which ends up with the organiser having to fork out the gap amount from their own money which isn’t ideal and we need to avoid having the situation repeat.

Actually, it’s not just that we are a smaller board - some of the other boards have struggled this year also.

One solution would be to rest our contribution this year, and commence the gathering of pledges earlier (during the season even) so as to be sure when confirming the sponsorship arrangement with MFC that the total is reachable.

Having said that though, I do now have our posters, pins and Lever jumper for 2018 so I will raffle them ASAP. You might want to wait for that until tomorrow because at least in theory I’m at work and I was meant to do some things that I’m going to have to start on at some point.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
How much do we need to sponsor one player and can we get an expression of interest?
Hi CoDkiller. Good to see you.

First I would have to check that I haven’t ballsed it up with MFC and missed the boat altogether, but I suspect we still still have options. But one player might be a feasible option. I’m really sorry to all sponsors that I didn’t get it sorted earlier.

Tell you what, I’ll PM you with whatever I can salvage.

Hi CoDkiller. Good to see you.

First I would have to check that I haven’t ballsed it up with MFC and missed the boat altogether, but I suspect we still still have options. But one player might be a feasible option. I’m really sorry to all sponsors that I didn’t get it sorted earlier.

Tell you what, I’ll PM you with whatever I can salvage.
Hey PG, If you are having issues with time, etc, I would be happy to help in regard to talking to the club about sponsorship's and helping to organise same.
Also I am quite perturbed by your response that you ,or other mods have had to make up any shortfall, because you didn't receive the promised amounts, did I read that correctly?
If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hey PG, If you are having issues with time, etc, I would be happy to help in regard to talking to the club about sponsorship's and helping to organise same.
Also I am quite perturbed by your response that you ,or other mods have had to make up any shortfall, because you didn't receive the promised amounts, did I read that correctly?
If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
Thanks dark shorter person. Help would indeed help - dunno how we sort it but I’ll PM you in a convo with other posters interested in Sponsorship tomorrow.

And don’t worry about the shortfall thing. It wasn’t that people pledged and didn’t follow through - it was more my epic stuff up and so forth. But I’ll write to you and others tomorrow and we can see if some kind of ashes to Phoenix scenario is possible

Thanks dark shorter person. Help would indeed help - dunno how we sort it but I’ll PM you in a convo with other posters interested in Sponsorship tomorrow.

And don’t worry about the shortfall thing. It wasn’t that people pledged and didn’t follow through - it was more my epic stuff up and so forth. But I’ll write to you and others tomorrow and we can see if some kind of ashes to Phoenix scenario is possible
Sounds good. I hope your retiring remark was just about being a Mod, and your aren't leaving us as a Poster. I mean by God who would keep TopKent and Cannon 82 in check?
And how could we do without you.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Sounds good. I hope your retiring remark was just about being a Mod, and your aren't leaving us as a Poster. I mean by God who would keep TopKent and Cannon 82 in check?
And how could we do without you.
Nobody keeps TK and Cans in check anyway - I just rely on their better instincts and cross fingers. I can’t possibly retire as a poster right after a flag from my SFA team (with little contribution from me it must be said, but imagine the dynasty pending if I do put in some effort?)

Nobody keeps TK and Cans in check anyway - I just rely on their better instincts and cross fingers. I can’t possibly retire as a poster right after a flag from my SFA team (with little contribution from me it must be said, but imagine the dynasty pending if I do put in some effort?)
Yes, and how good was i in the Granny for our SFA team? Yeah Baby!

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne

Truly a great time to be alive.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

giphy.gif

Thanks for the replies. Ok, pretty sure i haven't sighted an email and would assume it's too late to do anything about this now. Bit of a shame, always enjoyed this aspect. If I can do anything to assist, even if for next year, i'm offering my services.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Thanks for the replies. Ok, pretty sure i haven't sighted an email and would assume it's too late to do anything about this now. Bit of a shame, always enjoyed this aspect. If I can do anything to assist, even if for next year, i'm offering my services.
I’m really sorry all. I couldn’t oversee it this year and the mod handover timing meant that a new mod couldn’t pick it up in time. Though assistance for next time would certainly be welcomed I think so I’ll tag PerfectFooty TheCount and Crimson Azure so they know.

I’m really sorry all. I couldn’t oversee it this year and the mod handover timing meant that a new mod couldn’t pick it up in time. Though assistance for next time would certainly be welcomed I think so I’ll tag PerfectFooty TheCount and Crimson Azure so they know.
So PG there is no chance we could be a latecomer to the party if one of us contacted the Club?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
So PG there is no chance we could be a latecomer to the party if one of us contacted the Club?
It might be possible - I can put you in contact with the person who generally handles sponsors, plus let her know you are going to get in touch if you like?

Back